ADVERTISEMENT

What do people think about Eric Musselman to Texas?

To some it is a better job.
Everyone has a different opinion but you could make the argument for Texas.

About opening doors.
For the most part all these jobs are going to open doors but to what level.
Texas has put more players in the NBA recently.

75-85% of these kids it is all about the NBA

The the last4 years both schools have had 3 draft picks....

Yet you think Eric Musselman is.
You are buying into hype and not seeing the total picture.

Arkansas is a decent team right now. But there isn't anything there to say he is a guy who could win a NCAA Championship.
They would probably be the 8th best team in the Big 12. Don't see them better than Oklahoma St or Tx Tech.

There is more faith with people who know basketball who will say Shaka has a better chance to win a NCAA Championship.

Unless you have an obvious coach who can...
It isn't worth firing Shaka.

If they do fire him it will because either A) It would damage the program to keep him or B) There is a better option available

As of now Shaka is doing #2 in the two things a program must accomplish.
Produce NBA Talent.
So he is pretty much keeping Texas in the position they need to be if a better coach emerges
lol at thinking Shaka has a better chance to win a national championship than Musselman. Sorry your boy got fired. Most Texas fans were celebrating when he took the Marquette job. Meanwhile Musselman's team is still playing. You can't seriously think Shaka is a better recruiter either. Musselman's 2020 recruiting class was better than any of Shaka's at Texas.

lol at thinking Shaka has a better chance to win a national championship than Musselman. Sorry your boy got fired. Most Texas fans were celebrating when he took the Marquette job. Meanwhile Musselman's team is still playing. You can't seriously think Shaka is a better recruiter either. Musselman's 2020 recruiting class was better than any of Shaka's at Texas.

Yet they aren't calling Mussleman

Yet they aren't calling Mussleman

You were talking about all the recruits in Texas vs Arkansas? And how Texas out-recruits Arkansas?

Well looking at your class, not a single FN Texas recruit. Is that because you're not even in the top 5-6 programs in Texas? Baylor, Tech, Houston, Abilene, and N. Texas.

Sucks to suck.

Reactions: Mr.Razorback
You were talking about all the recruits in Texas vs Arkansas? And how Texas out-recruits Arkansas?

Well looking at your class, not a single FN Texas recruit. Is that because you're not even in the top 5-6 programs in Texas? Baylor, Tech, Houston, Abilene, and N. Texas.

Sucks to suck.

I don't think any of the players fit what Shaka was trying to do.

They did lose Love.
Picked the upside over Collins

• Haha
All Arkansas kids too

Reactions: Hawgaluiah

Sucks to suck.

Did every school in Texas reach the 2nd round but Texas?

Reactions: mtsuhog85
I wouldn't go as far as Abilene and North Texas (even though Abilene obviously beat Texas) but Baylor, Tech and Houston are all better programs than Texas right now. Not just further in the tournament, but better coaches with better recent success and more stability for the future. That can change if Texas gets a home run hire. If they go the cheap route with Royal Ivey, nothing will improve.

Ivey brings more of a NBA game

Worked for Billy Donovan for awhile and now works for Steve Nash.

They can recruit with Ivey very well.

A lot of the former basketball players want him to be interviewed.

works for Steve Nash????? Wtf are we even talking about. Would it work for Steve Nash if he didn’t have 3 HOFs basically a in their prime???

I do actually love royal Ivey, one of my fave Longhorns ever right there with tj ford. But I’m not sure he’s ready for this big of a job. Who knows though, he can Probly recruit like crazy, if he could get a good older assistant I can see it working.

He can’t be much worse than shaka was.

works for Steve Nash????? Wtf are we even talking about. Would it work for Steve Nash if he didn’t have 3 HOFs basically a in their prime???

I do actually love royal Ivey, one of my fave Longhorns ever right there with tj ford. But I’m not sure he’s ready for this big of a job. Who knows though, he can Probly recruit like crazy, if he could get a good older assistant I can see it working.

He can’t be much worse than shaka was.

He does work for Steve Nash...

Reread what I wrote. Steve Nash has a tremendous basketball IQ.

What they were running with LeVert and Allen before the trade was working.
Reminded me what the Clippers had with Lou Williams and Harrell.

If we don't get Chris Beard I wouldn't mind getting Royal Ivey.

KD said let's keep it in the family.

Administration and the huge boosters are doing an outstanding job of letting the basketball people have a huge say.

There are a lot of outstanding basketball people around the University of Texas.

Some of the stuff is just ridiculous...

Like Texas players are entitled so Chris Beard cannot work there..

Texas Women's Basketball put that to bed last night

Royal Ivey played about 10 years in the NBA and even started for some teams because of one reason...

He knew his role.

Was never a great scorer. Wasn't going to drop 30 on anyone.
Flat out could defend, stretch the floor and go after the basketball.

What you have to be...

You can impact the game without the ball in your hand.
Hard for some people to understand that.

When I was really involved in basketball I told people.
I notice who is trying to be the best player on the floor without scoring. Wanted them to understand that.

Not happening but seems like we have a lot of pissed off Piggies in here.

They know the truth. Difficult for them to wrap their heads around it.
I think it's really difficult for Texas fans to realize that eventually everyone realizes Texas ain't all that. For a while though, they'll just be accused of "underachieving."

Lol damn this didn’t age well did it bitch?
I imagine he's dead quiet or snuggling with his boyfriend for comfort after what OU did to them last week. Oh yeah 40-21 too, not to mention the #2 BB recruiting class and an Elite 8. Glad they don't want Muss; whatever would we do? Muss would get tired of running into all of the homeless in Austin

Yet you think Eric Musselman is.
You are buying into hype and not seeing the total picture.

Arkansas is a decent team right now. But there isn't anything there to say he is a guy who could win a NCAA Championship.
They would probably be the 8th best team in the Big 12. Don't see them better than Oklahoma St or Tx Tech.

There is more faith with people who know basketball who will say Shaka has a better chance to win a NCAA Championship.

Unless you have an obvious coach who can...
It isn't worth firing Shaka.

If they do fire him it will because either A) It would damage the program to keep him or B) There is a better option available

As of now Shaka is doing #2 in the two things a program must accomplish.
Produce NBA Talent.
So he is pretty much keeping Texas in the position they need to be if a better coach emerges

Lol, 2020 Class- Ark #8 Texas...NOT in top 50
2021 Class Neither team in top 50
2022 Class Ark# 3 Texas #28
Arkansas just pulled Walsh, ESPN 5* out of Texas and might get Anthony Black, another 5 star soon. Watch out OSU guys!

Reactions: fleckabelly
Sheriff never eats crow. Not enough hours in the day.

Been around visiting my 3 kids. About to back home.
Have one son in Camp Pendleton. That is in CA. Other son is all the way across the country at Camp Lejeune. Few people from Carolina so they know where that is
My daughter is in the Metroplex. She like to use me for show and tell to start having her kids show off one of their parents. She is a grade school teacher
Her mom is a nurse in New Orleans. I am retired. Much easier for me.
Same thing every year with me the last 4-5.

Once again
Coaching is 80% roster building and 20% what you call “coaching”

Roster building part is the hardest part of CBB
But has now kinda became a lot easier for certain coaches

Mussleman is one
Big time NBA background. We will see what happens

Like I have said before
Chris Beard brought in an old basketball guy to help with the roster building. Son of an old Bobby Knight assistant
Guy who has coached at almost level
Bob Donewald Jr

Lol, 2020 Class- Ark #8 Texas...NOT in top 50
2021 Class Neither team in top 50
2022 Class Ark# 3 Texas #28
Arkansas just pulled Walsh, ESPN 5* out of Texas and might get Anthony Black, another 5 star soon. Watch out OSU guys!

Texas only has brought in 2 high schools recruits the last 2 years
Only have one committed so far
Might bring in one more.
All Top 35 players
Don’t know where they have Morris. He should be up there. Explosive PG

Since 2000 Arkansas has only had 10 NBA draft picks
Texas has had like 22

No where close

Arkansas is one of those schools you were somewhat surprised like Illinois about the lack of players in the NBA
Back in the day Arkansas had a good number. Not the case anymore

We will see in a few weeks

Gonzaga…
Not a huge fan of them. Going upset some weak minded people on this board once again
Gets way more respect than they actually deserve IMO.

Ride with Texas to push them down real quick

If they do it will be impressive. That motor is only at half capacity
So many moving parts on that bench and even in the starting lineup. Most people acknowledge that team won’t show who they really are until March/April
Is there a guy who cannot play. Even the walk-on they brought in is a legit D1 basketball player. Might be a better shooter than his Dad

But….
Gonzaga kind of soft and a little overrated
Unless that guy Holmgren comes in taking over games on both ends of the floor
They could get trouble when those Texas guards like Ramey and Jones

We are talking Top 10 recruits
Don’t mess around with anything else

Arkansas is getting some high level recruits but still isn’t anything better than what Texas has and what they will bring in this cycle

Point still stands.

Don’t want to go Kevin Garnett…
But
That guy looks like Charlie Villanueva’s slower little brother

If i’m a basketball coach i’m taking arkansas over texas. Arkansas has one of the more passionate fanbases in the sport. Fan support is at the top of the list. As long as you have that, your program has a chance to be great.

Arkansas actually has tradition in basketball as well.

Texas basketball fan thinks what’s his name is a lifer. But he’ll eventually get tired of playing second fiddle to football and move on. maybe not for another college job but probably the nba

ADVERTISEMENT