ADVERTISEMENT

What do people think about Eric Musselman to Texas?

The guy turned around Nevada and in his second year at Arkansas has them rolling. Imagine what he could do in Austin with the resources of the Texas athletic department and the talent in Texas.

Shaka is getting fired either after this year or next. Texas is having a decent year, but this is as good as it gets for him. This was supposed to be his culmination year where he had everything in place, yet they are still struggling to win games in the Big 12. If Shaka can't get it done this season, it won't ever work with Shaka.

Why would he take a worse job?

True, but I don't live in Nebraska anymore and my vacation plans aren't Nebraska related other than to get back for a weekend here and there for a football game. I have two trips planned this year; Costa Rica and Maui. Sorry, but Arkansas wasn't on the list. I did spent some time in Hot Springs once. It was fine, but there are a million better places and we are talking Eric Musselman who will be making 5 million a year at Texas. He isn't going to miss Arkansas for a second when he can afford to travel anywhere in the world. Hurting the feelings of some Arkansas fans aren't going to dissuade him from leaving to greener pastures. I'm sure some Nevada fans don't like him now either and he still left them.

You underestimate what the hogs are willing to pay for good basketball.

Bud Walton is a top 5 venue to play/watch a game.

Arkansas owns the series 87-68, and Texas has lost to Arkansas more than any other CBB team.

Hasn’t it been like 25 years since Arkansas went past the 2nd round? They don’t even usually make the tourney.

Give me the talent.

Believe it or not, Arkansas produces really good basketball talent. One reason why we're killing it this year, Muss kept all but one offered guy instate. 3 are playing a huge bulk of the mins. One is injured or he'd be playing too.

No....they literally don't. Again, Texas gets loads of talent no matter who their coach is or how successful the program is. Arkansas does not get a lot of talent. A coach is going to have to work for it, whereas at Texas it basically falls into your lap.

Texas also spends a lot more than Arkansas.

And I've never heard from anyone but an Arkansas fan that their in-state talent matches that of Texas.

This is ridiculous. You know nothing about Arkansas basketball nor its talent. The state of Arkansas can support itself as long as no one leaves. But when the program is on, kids are lining up to play for them instate hogs.

Just for the record, Big Nasty's boy is around the corner.

This is ridiculous. You know nothing about Arkansas basketball nor its talent. The state of Arkansas can support itself as long as no one leaves. But when the program is on, kids are lining up to play for them instate hogs.

Just for the record, Big Nasty's boy is around the corner.
That’s what was so frustrating about Nolan’s refusal to recruit Little Rock kids. We lost so much talent to other SEC schools.

Reactions: mtsuhog85
That’s what was so frustrating about Nolan’s refusal to recruit Little Rock kids. We lost so much talent to other SEC schools.

Hell, Anthony Boone, Flanagan's.

Those guys alone would have given us another G-8.

Reactions: Hawgaluiah
Texas is only superior to Arkansas at one thing, running their oversized, copenhagen soaked, wind cracked cock holsters about how much better they are than (fill in the blank). Their athletic program is complete shit and an embarrassment to the entire state. on second thought, they do waste money better than Arkansas, too

The only thing that Arkansas can offer that you won't find in Texas or pretty much any state is the chance to marry your sister.
If you like keeping it in the family Arkansas is the state for you.

The only state you can get a divorce and remain family

• Haha
Reactions: Lefty8
The only thing that Arkansas can offer that you won't find in Texas or pretty much any state is the chance to marry your sister.
If you like keeping it in the family Arkansas is the state for you.

The only state you can get a divorce and remain family

Wasn't sheriff buford t from Arkansas?

• Haha
Reactions: duckboy33
Texas has money put aside through their new basketball arena for a new coach

But ultimately it will be a program changer.

It if comes down to keeping Shaka and hiring a guy like Eric Musselman.
They will keep Shaka.

Doesn't mean Shaka won't eventually be replaced but their list isn't too long and it won't just be a hot name in the current.

All your coaches are ours if we want them

Luckily for you they don't want him
Not really though. You destroyed the SWC and you’re destroying the Big 12 because of this type of ego. You’re 2-4 vs Arkansas since Arkansas joined the SEC, you’re irrelevant in basketball, and you’re average in baseball since Augie left.

Your program lives in the past and it’s why you go through good coaches every 4 years. They can’t live up to the expectations. You couldn’t take any Arkansas coach in any sport and that’s not a knock Texas. It’s just the way things are now. Matt Campbell has turned down multiple NFL jobs. The reality is coaches don’t leave good jobs.

Not really though. You destroyed the SWC and you’re destroying the Big 12 because of this type of ego. You’re 2-4 vs Arkansas since Arkansas joined the SEC, you’re irrelevant in basketball, and you’re average in baseball since Augie left.

Your program lives in the past and it’s why you go through good coaches every 4 years. They can’t live up to the expectations. You couldn’t take any Arkansas coach in any sport and that’s not a knock Texas. It’s just the way things are now. Matt Campbell has turned down multiple NFL jobs. The reality is coaches don’t leave good jobs.

Arkansas isn't a good job.

Hate to break the truth to you...
Plus every coach is different. What one coach does doesn't mean anything to another.

Your hatred for Texas aside. Arkansas is and never has been on the level of Texas.

You can deny this all you want but just the facts of life.

Arkansas isn't a good job.

Hate to break the truth to you...
Plus every coach is different. What one coach does doesn't mean anything to another.

Your hatred for Texas aside. Arkansas is and never has been on the level of Texas.

You can deny this all you want but just the facts of life.
I have no hatred of Texas, it’s just something fun for me. I’m in no way saying Arkansas is a better job, I’m saying that the days of great schools being able to steal coaches is over. Your current coach cane from VCU. Mid major. Your football coach came from a mid major. Your baseball coach came from a mid major. You think that’s coincidence?

The only good coaches that leave majors are coaches that leave for their alma mater like Anderson to Arkansas or Williams to UNC. Every other time it’s based on the coach being unhappy(Beilema/fisher) or a job coaches can not succeed at.

I have no hatred of Texas, it’s just something fun for me. I’m in no way saying Arkansas is a better job, I’m saying that the days of great schools being able to steal coaches is over. Your current coach cane from VCU. Mid major. Your football coach came from a mid major. Your baseball coach came from a mid major. You think that’s coincidence?

The only good coaches that leave majors are coaches that leave for their alma mater like Anderson to Arkansas or Williams to UNC. Every other time it’s based on the coach being unhappy(Beilema/fisher) or a job coaches can not succeed at.

Matters the money ultimately and what the person wants.

Arkansas has and never will recruit on the level of Texas in basketball.

Facts of life.

But end of the day your coach isn't coming to Texas.
There is no reason at all to fire Shaka for him.

Matters the money ultimately and what the person wants.

Arkansas has and never will recruit on the level of Texas in basketball.

Facts of life.

But end of the day your coach isn't coming to Texas.
There is no reason at all to fire Shaka for him.
That’s not true though. Historically, in basketball Texas has never recruited on the level of Arkansas. That’s just a fact of life. If you want to say the tables have turned lately, that’s fine, just apply that same logic to baseball in reverse.

Reactions: Mr.Razorback
Don't know about LSU. I do know that no one wanted Barry Odom at Texas.

Such little dick energy like always with Arkansas.

Texas brought in a Top 5 defensive coordinator.

If it makes your little dick feel big you can think what you want
That’s a lot of penis talk. We’re over here talking about sports and you can’t stop talking about penises

You are trying to link your DC to Texas and LSU to then tell people he turned them down.

Georgia tried to do the same thing as well with theirs

Texas hired a DC with a Top 5 resume.
Production and putting players in the NFL.
Glad you guys got some pac ten scrub after a few SEC coaches turned you down.

Reactions: Hawgaluiah
Per your usual Sherriff, you talk out of both sides of your ass about shit you know nothing about to make you try to sound superior and make an idiot out of yourself. You and @Starscream. need to get together.

You can think your DC turned Texas down all you want.

We got a DC the fanbase is excited about.

There was only one person who turned down Texas and that was Dan Quinn.

Truthfully think it would have been weird working for Sark after Sark worked for him in the NFL.

You can think your DC turned Texas down all you want.

We got a DC the fanbase is excited about.

There was only one person who turned down Texas and that was Dan Quinn.

Truthfully think it would have been weird working for Sark after Sark worked for him in the NFL.
Hate to break this to you but Will muschamp and Barry Odom turned you guys down

Per your usual Sherriff, you talk out of both sides of your ass about shit you know nothing about to make you try to sound superior and make an idiot out of yourself. You and @Starscream. need to get together.

What is this thread then...

Texas as of right now doesn't want your basketball coach. You can relax.

If Texas fired Shaka Smart they will be big game hunting.

No offense to the Piggies but your coach isn't big game.

Funny how the mention of Texas gets the Piggies insecure.

Should have just ignored this thread in the first place.

You are trying to link your DC to Texas and LSU to then tell people he turned them down.

Georgia tried to do the same thing as well with theirs

Texas hired a DC with a Top 5 resume.
Production and putting players in the NFL.
Dude, did you just quit. Your last three coaching hires in all three sports were mid majors. If you can get anyone you want, why are you settling fir mid majors?

• Love
Dude, did you just quit. Your last three coaching hires in all three sports were mid majors. If you can get anyone you want, why are you settling fir mid majors?

3 out of the last 4.

Herman was to get him away from Houston.
Truthfully this was between Texas and LSU once he became a threat at Houston

Shaka was wanted by numerous programs but turned them down. A lot of people were surprised when he finally jumped to Texas.
Could have had the UCLA job over Steve Alford

Mid majors doesn't exist in baseball because there are numerous teams who aren't in P5 conference better than all the B1G and some of the ACC
Tulane is a bigger job than let's say Indiana or Purdue

3 out of the last 4.

Herman was to get him away from Houston.
Truthfully this was between Texas and LSU once he became a threat at Houston

Shaka was wanted by numerous programs but turned them down. A lot of people were surprised when he finally jumped to Texas.
Could have had the UCLA job over Steve Alford

Mid majors doesn't exist in baseball because there are numerous teams who aren't in P5 conference better than all the B1G and some of the ACC
Tulane is a bigger job than let's say Indiana or Purdue
The point is you’re selling an idea that you can get what you want while your last 3 hires for your 3 major sports were unproven mid majors. Ones that are all average coaches.

That claim simply rings hollow. You can put down Arkansas all you want(looks insecure) but my point is you’re living in a fairytale if you don’t realize coaching has changed. You can’t get any Arkansas coach. Just the same as I wouldn’t expect to be able to get a successful coach to Arkansas if they were happy.

The point is you’re selling an idea that you can get what you want while your last 3 hires for your 3 major sports were unproven mid majors. Ones that are all average coaches.

That claim simply rings hollow. You can put down Arkansas all you want(looks insecure) but my point is you’re living in a fairytale if you don’t realize coaching has changed. You can’t get any Arkansas coach. Just the same as I wouldn’t expect to be able to get a successful coach to Arkansas if they were happy.

Totally untrue.

Just matters the coach and the offer on the table

If Texas really wanted Mussleman and Mussleman was looking to leave he would be gone

Nothing personal but it is a superior job.

Even without Texas doing shit the recruiting difference between them and Arkansas is huge

How many players does Arkansas even have in the NBA right now?

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT