ADVERTISEMENT

West Virginia - wtf???

KStateFootball82

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2017
Seemingly good team back. Is a Lacking backcourt the primary issue?

With Kanate and Ahmad back thought this still was a top 25 team

Konate wants to be a stretch 4, Huggins wants him to play 99% under the hoop, I hear/read it's a power struggle atm who gets their way but vfc we all know who's going to win. One things for sure Doogies prediction on Konate as an AA has collapsed like a WVU lead in the 2nd half at home...

Buffalo probably isn't too happy about this either. Their best win is now a neutral court victory over San Francisco.

weird, @doogie503 , was telling us all summer that WVA would actually be better this year despite losing their best guards since Jerry West.

Could be worse... We could be depaul.

But yeah, our guards suck. I thought (and was told) they'd be much better.

Konate never practices and is in and out of the lineup, and Derek culver has been in trouble and hasnt played. He just now got reinstated.

Last edited:
Could be worse... We could be depaul.

But yeah, our guards suck. I thought (and was told) they'd be much better.

Konate never practices and is in and out of the lineup, and Derek culver has been in trouble and hasnt played. He just now got reinstated.

The DePaul jokes don't work on me guy. haven't given a crap about them in almost 2 decades. Now it's just a place where I got a couple degrees 25 years ago.

Tell Konate to get his shit together, I drafted him under the belief that he was a lock for National Defensive Player of the year.

The DePaul jokes don't work on me guy. haven't given a crap about them in almost 2 decades. Now it's just a place where I got a couple degrees 25 years ago.

Tell Konate to get his shit together, I drafted him under the belief that he was a lock for National Defensive Player of the year.

Wasn't a joke. Just legitimately glad I'm not a DePaul fan. That would suck.

We'll improve as the year goes on if Sags quits being a little bitch and Culver gets his head on straight and finally gets in the lineup. We're obviously not gonna make the tourney though.

Huggs will probably send 2 or 3 of the guards packing this off-season and bring in some tough juco kids like he did in 2014. Plus we have Oscar Tshiebwe coming in. 2019-2020 can't get here soon enough.

Konate wants to be a stretch 4, Huggins wants him to play 99% under the hoop, I hear/read it's a power struggle atm who gets their way but vfc we all know who's going to win. One things for sure Doogies prediction on Konate as an AA has collapsed like a WVU lead in the 2nd half at home...

Huh? You must have me confused with Jon Rothstein.

Did I think he could have an AA type season? Sure. But I dont remember saying anything about that on there. You act like that's something I was going out on a limb predicting. A lot of national media people were talking about him as a preseason AA and DPOY type guy.

You seem so happy that we suck this year. Kinda weird considering WVU fans couldn't possibly care less about Michigan.

It’s more of laughing at you than caring about WVU

You don’t think you deserved to be laughed at a little with how things are playing out this year and how much you trolled me two months ago? Come on.

It’s more of laughing at you than caring about WVU

You don’t think you deserved to be laughed at a little with how things are playing out this year and how much you trolled me two months ago? Come on.

I don't even remember trolling you a couple months ago, but I drink a lot.

I do remember you talking this same shit last year when I predicted we'd be a top 5-10 team. Then you came out and started a thread about how I was right after we climbed to #2 in the polls.

But yeah, we suck this year, and I was wrong about our guards. I deserve to be laughed at for underselling how big of an adjustment it would be after losing Jevon Carter.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Just like Michigan deserved to be laughed at for getting run off the court in the championship game.

At least we gave Nova a game.

There you go trolling again. Don't troll and then act shocked when you get it served back.

Has West Virginia made a national title game in your lifetime? Do you think they will?

There you go trolling again. Don't troll and then act shocked when you get it served back.

Has West Virginia made a national title game in your lifetime? Do you think they will?

It's not that I was shocked, I just don't remember trolling you. I guess any conversations we have had in the past meant a whole lot more to u than they did to me.

What good is making a title game if u trail by 20 the whole game?

Reactions: KisteK
It's not that I was shocked, I just don't remember trolling you. I guess any conversations we have had in the past meant a whole lot more to u than they did to me.

What good is making a title game if u trail by 20 the whole game?

"I'd rather lose in the Elite 8 than lose in the National Championship game" - said no one ever. Don't be an idiot.

You didn't answer me, though. Has West Virginia ever played for a National Championship in your lifetime?

Reactions: sgrooms
"I'd rather lose in the Elite 8 than lose in the National Championship game" - said no one ever. Don't be an idiot.

You didn't answer me, though. Has West Virginia ever played for a National Championship in your lifetime?

I didn't say that. But you guys didn't deserve to be in that Championship game, and it showed against Nova. Congrats on limping past some scrubs and then getting your shit pushed in by the first good team you played.

And to answer your question...

Yes, in football.

Not in basketball. Just a Final Four.

Is it really crazy? Most fanbases have not seen their team play for a national championship.
tenor.gif

Reactions: doogie503
Michigan has played in 4 national titles in basketball in my lifetime and I was of drinking age for two of them.
Just asking...Wasn't real sure of your age. Prior to UM's recent title game apperances, just wasn't sure you were old enough to see them in 92/93. I have to guess you were breathing in 1989 as well?:D

Also, thought Doogs statement of "most fans bases haven't seen their team play for a title", was a bit---well, off. Can't think of many who have not. I mean aside from those who've never played for one; Purdue, Tenn, etc, etc...

Just asking...Wasn't real sure of your age. Prior to UM's recent title game apperances, just wasn't sure you were old enough to see them in 92/93. I have to guess you were breathing in 1989 as well?:D

Also, thought Doogs statement of "most fans bases haven't seen their team play for a title", was a bit---well, off. Can't think of many who have not. I mean aside from those who've never played for one; Purdue, Tenn, etc, etc...

Yeah, 5 actually. Born October of '88. Some say Michigan won a title in honor of me that year.

Of those relevant(programs), which fanbases would you say have not?

Im 33 so there are a lot of programs who have never played for a national title in my life time.

Wvu, virginia, texas, notre dame, pitt, xavier, baylor, purdue, k-state, cincy, georgetown, marquette, oregon, tennessee, florida state, iowa, lsu, iowa state, etc. etc...

60% of the current top 25 hasn't played for a NC in the last 35 years or more.

Last edited:
But yeah, we suck this year, and I was wrong about our guards. I deserve to be laughed at for underselling how big of an adjustment it would be after losing Jevon Carter.

Kudos to you for saying that. That was the factor I thought you were underestimating this summer. I won't laugh at you anymore.

Im 33 so there are a lot of programs who have never played for a national title in my life time.

Wvu, virginia, texas, notre dame, pitt, xavier, baylor, purdue, k-state, cincy, georgetown, marquette, oregon, tennessee, florida state, iowa, lsu, iowa state, etc. etc...

60% of the current top 25 hasn't played for a NC in the last 35 years or more.
It's super f^cking hard to get to the Championship game. The tournament has so much luck involved.

Half the b1g hasn't seen a title game in 35 years, more actually since Maryland wasn't a B1g program when they won.
Only Kansas and Oklahoma out of the Big 12 have seen one in 35 years..
*6 of 16 ACC schools have played for one in same time frame..

I'd say Doog was closer to being right than wrong.

*included Lou

Reactions: doogie503
Half the b1g hasn't seen a title game in 35 years, more actually since Maryland wasn't a B1g program when they won.
Only Kansas and Oklahoma out of the Big 12 have seen one in 35 years..
*6 of 16 ACC schools have played for one in same time frame..

I'd say Doog was closer to being right than wrong.

*included Lou

Makes it even more weird to see him take potshots at Michigan when Michigan has been to 5 in my lifetime and 2 in the past 6 seasons.

Makes me wonder if Borden even watches basketball outside half the B1g....

How many teams have played for a title in the past 33 years? 25 maybe? While that’s not “most” its still not a small number. I’d be pretty bummed if my program didn’t play in a title game in my lifetime.

How many teams have played for a title in the past 33 years? 25 maybe? While that’s not “most” its still not a small number. I’d be pretty bummed if my program didn’t play in a title game in my lifetime.

Agreed! Glad I saw the Terps play in one!!

Now about the Orioles.....

ADVERTISEMENT