ADVERTISEMENT

West Virginia - wtf???

Makes it even more weird to see him take potshots at Michigan when Michigan has been to 5 in my lifetime and 2 in the past 6 seasons.

Laughing When do I take potshots at Michigan? I couldn't care less about Michigan. I just respond to your trolling.

You jumped in a thread about Huggs, made fun of him and said he's the 2nd best coach at WVU... or something like that. I responded about Beilein missing the tourney 40% of the time he's been at power 5 schools.

Then you keep tagging me and laughing about WVU sucking this year, and I responded about Michigan getting curb stomped by Nova.

Quit trolling if you're so easily rustled when someone responds.

Last edited:
Laughing When do I take potshots at Michigan? I couldn't care less about Michigan. I just respond to your trolling.

You jumped in a thread about Huggs, made fun of him and said he's the 2nd best coach at WVU... or something like that. I responded about Beilein missing the tourney 40% of the time he's been at power 5 schools.

Then you keep tagging me and laughing about WVU sucking this year, and I responded about Michigan getting curb stomped by Nova.

Quit trolling if you get your feelings hurt so easily when someone responds.

You’re 33 and have never seen your program play in a national title game and Huggins doesn’t look like he’s getting them to one anytime soon. Congrats on being an entirely average program.

Good predictions this year, btw. You sure didn’t let homerism get in the way.

Quit trolling if you're so easily rustled when someone responds.

When I was wrong about WVU last year, I manned up admitted I was wrong and moved on. When you were wrong about WVU this year, you deflect by taking more potshots at a undeniably better program.

He took issue with the word "most".
In 35 years, 30 different schools have played for a title.
Out of 350 D1 teams, 320 fan bases have not watched their team compete for a title.

"Also, thought Doogs statement of "most fans bases haven't seen their team play for a title", was a bit---well, off … "

320 not / 30 have

Nobody here cares about your sads tbqh.

True. Borden shouldn’t be including fanbases of San Francisco, Cal-Poly, etc. in his statement.

30 different teams in 35 years is still quit a bit. If I thought my program was a top 25 or so program (which doogie must if his post history is any indication), it would upset me to never see them player for a title..... whether you cared about it or not.

When I was wrong about WVU last year, I manned up admitted I was wrong and moved on. When you were wrong about WVU this year, you deflect by taking more potshots at a undeniably better program.

You obviously didn't move on. Laughing

I already admitted I was wrong and we suck multiple times, ya dope.

A lot of people were wrong about us. We were preseason #13.

Reactions: jhmossy
You’re 33 and have never seen your program play in a national title game and Huggins doesn’t look like he’s getting them to one anytime soon. Congrats on being an entirely average program.

Good predictions this year, btw. You sure didn’t let homerism get in the way.

We're 1 of only 9 programs to win 25 games or more 4 years in a row, been to 11 NCAA Tourneys in 14 years or something like that. Final Four, Elite 8's, Sweet 16's, conference tourney championship.... I can live with that and keep hoping for more.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUfanBorden
Thank you for moving on.

giphy.gif

Im 33 so there are a lot of programs who have never played for a national title in my life time.

Wvu, virginia, texas, notre dame, pitt, xavier, baylor, purdue, k-state, cincy, georgetown, marquette, oregon, tennessee, florida state, iowa, lsu, iowa state, etc. etc...

60% of the current top 25 hasn't played for a NC in the last 35 years or more.
How many of those teams listed, are represented on here, though? Not many. And those who are, their following is minimal. Sans Purdue. Other than that, you have a few wretling and football schools.

No team misses any one player more than WVU misses Jevon Carter. They are literally and truly a shell without him running the team and at the head of the press. Just a great college player he was. PG is the most indispensable position in college b-ball. If you have a great one you got a great shot. He just had the misfortune of running into Jalen Brunson last year. The best one.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
No team misses any one player more than WVU misses Jevon Carter. They are literally and truly a shell without him running the team and at the head of the press. Just a great college player he was. PG is the most indispensable position in college b-ball. If you have a great one you got a great shot. He just had the misfortune of running into Jalen Brunson last year. The best one.

Literally?

Squeaked out that 2 point win against Jacksonville State today.... yikes. Will WVU go winless in conference play?

Squeaked out that 2 point win against Jacksonville State today.... yikes. Will WVU go winless in conference play?

We’ll win a couple of home game, but I don’t know how this team wins a league road game cause we fvckin suck

Makes me wonder if Borden even watches basketball outside half the B1g....
Sure I do...As a broad statement, sure Doogie was right. There are a lot of D1 fan bases that have never seen their team play for a Natty. I just didn't realize his statement was in that context. In other words, I didn't think he was considering all 353 D1 teams when he made the comment he made.
Apparently he was.

I've seen plenty of basketball outside of the Big 10. Worked many of games in the OVC, MVC, Atlantic Sun, Sun Belt, Summit, etc, etc... And FTR, I wouldn't include those fan bases when making a remark about fan bases---on here.

But that's just me.

True. Borden shouldn’t be including fanbases of San Francisco, Cal-Poly, etc. in his statement.

30 different teams in 35 years is still quit a bit. If I thought my program was a top 25 or so program (which doogie must if his post history is any indication), it would upset me to never see them player for a title..... whether you cared about it or not.
Yeah, pretty much. If I felt my program was among the elite, etc, etc...I'd be disappointed if they were not one of the 30. But that's just me. But hey, look at the bright side:

Doogie has something in common with 323 other fan bases. So, there is that.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
Yeah, pretty much. If I felt my program was among the elite, etc, etc...I'd be disappointed if they were not one of the 30. But that's just me. But hey, look at the bright side:

Doogie has something in common with 323 other fan bases. So, there is that.

Is what it is. We've been a consistent winning program the last 15 yrs.

Then you have programs who have been garbage the last 20+ years but have still have a flukey title game appearance mixed in there.. like indiana.

Is what it is. We've been a consistent winning program the last 15 yrs.

Then you have programs who have been garbage the last 20+ years but have still have a flukey title game appearance mixed in there.. like indiana.
Then you have programs with a flukey FF.............like WVU...:D

BTW, that title game appearance? Still counts.Winking

Merry Cheistmas, Doogie. You're a good dude. Good poster. I hope WVU gets it going. Huggins is one of my favorite coaches..

Reactions: doogie503
ADVERTISEMENT