ADVERTISEMENT

We back baby

Kind of a d-bag move, knowing that anyone tuning in to see it would be disappointed/pissed. But whatever.

He seemed to think he was some trend setter doing it. I don't really get it.

Developmentally - I think college basketball is better than the National Basketball League (NBL) of Australia.

Marketability - I think playing playing nationally televised college basketball games is better for future brand deals vs nobody in this country seeing you play games in the NBL.

Legacy - Even guys that only play a season in college are beloved by a fan-base and a university. Playing a season with the New Zealand Breakers won't get you the same level of goodwill.

I mean as great as Zion is what would have been his buzz had he just played in the Australian league?

He seemed to think he was some trend setter doing it. I don't really get it.

Developmentally - I think college basketball is better than the National Basketball League (NBL) of Australia.

Marketability - I think playing playing nationally televised college basketball games is better for future brand deals vs nobody in this country seeing you play games in the NBL.

Legacy - Even guys that only play a season in college are beloved by a fan-base and a university. Playing a season with the New Zealand Breakers won't get you the same level of goodwill.

I mean as great as Zion is what would have been his buzz had he just played in the Australian league?
The only angle I have here is, Pro scouts will see you play where ever. It doesn't have to be on ESPN. Look at all the foreigners in the draft.

I do agree their USA branding is much better if they play in the USA.

Reactions: kl40504
The only angle I have here is, Pro scouts will see you play where ever. It doesn't have to be on ESPN. Look at all the foreigners in the draft.

I do agree their USA branding is much better if they play in the USA.

If pro scouts will see you play where ever then shouldn't it be about development and playing time? I mean if he only gets like 10 mins a game in Australia is that a win just because he got paid to play?

I get that playing pro overseas you get out of schoolwork and get paid. But I think college is good for guys to develop socially and mature even if its only for one season.

If pro scouts will see you play where ever then shouldn't it be about development and playing time? I mean if he only gets like 10 mins a game in Australia is that a win just because he got paid to play?

I get that playing pro overseas you get out of schoolwork and get paid. But I think college is good for guys to develop socially and mature even if its only for one season.
idk. seems to work for all the other foreigners drafted.

Again, their branding is not the same as college players, but that's just marketing.

Reactions: kl40504
Richards and EJ Montgomery returning to UK.... now we back more than KU back baby!

Two names that strike fear in the hearts of college basketball players and coaches everywhere!

I mean, why would they have taken a pay cut to play in the G league?

Two names that strike fear in the hearts of college basketball players and coaches everywhere!

I mean, why would they have taken a pay cut to play in the G league?

The walking Injury Azubuike strikes fear into the medical staff wanting a day off ............

We dont need our 5 spot to strike fear...... we just needed guys that can rebound and hit put backs and let our other studs be the heroes.

also we dont pay players unless they strike fear into college ball. Cal knows a players worth. He dont pay role players.

The walking Injury Azubuike strikes fear into the medical staff wanting a day off ............

We dont need our 5 spot to strike fear...... we just needed guys that can rebound and hit put backs and let our other studs be the heroes.

Which studs? The Bucknell guy? The PG who can't score?

Or are you already crowning the freshmen that you'll be making youth excuses for in November?

It's been an exciting day for UK fans. We found out our SEC schedule foes, and learned we're playing against a team in London, and EJ coming back.

Reactions: FFWhite
Which studs? The Bucknell guy? The PG who can't score?

Or are you already crowning the freshmen that you'll be making youth excuses for in November?

Maxey, Whitney, Brooks, and an improved Hagans If KU fans want to jump for joy at the thought of Dotson...... then you have to give us UK fans Hagans.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
If Dotson is better simply because he took more shots on a worse team.......... then Sestina is a stud.........

No, he’s better because he shot a higher percentage. Much higher from three. He’s clearly the better offensive player. Which is what we were discussing.

They weren’t a worse team the first third of the season btw, and his numbers were the same during that stretch.

Who, outside of the state of Kentucky, thinks that Hagans is better than Dotson?

you don't remember our year long avatar bet (on that game), in which I let you out of one month into it?

I apparently remember it better than you do. I never predicted a win or boasted. You randomly offered a bet and I accepted.

And I reiterate...WE BACK

Dotson
Grimes
Agbaji
Silvio
Doke

Bench:
McCormack
Garrett
Lightfoot
Braun
McBride
Enuwara

Y’all in big big trouble. Coach is hungry as ever.

Sounds like he and his people didn’t get along with Self. Didn’t accept his role—wanted the ball in his hands. I’ve heard his work ethic was poor.

Sounds like his family wants him to transfer. Question is, will somebody who is desperate to get to the league be willing to sit a year?

Sounds like he and his people didn’t get along with Self. Didn’t accept his role—wanted the ball in his hands. I’ve heard his work ethic was poor.

Sounds like his family wants him to transfer. Question is, will somebody who is desperate to get to the league be willing to sit a year?
That’s the spirit shit all over the kid now that he’s not going to Kansas. He was the second coming 5 mins ago

ADVERTISEMENT