ADVERTISEMENT

Warriors or Cavaliers?

Probably wasn't a lock but Love and his agent ears perked up once they got word he was going back. You already had Kyrie as well to help sweeten the deal.
sure but no way to know they'd have been better than Miami was, especially so soon. I don't think many saw them in the Finals his first year.

Exactly....and you think someone other than the Bulls could have come close to $30 mil with the cap how it was set up? Doubtful even $10 mil could have been paid by another team. Even if teams were gonna do what they do now and unload guys, most players were making less than 5 mil then (much less, I would bet). You'd have to dump an entire roster to afford him.

Isn't to say he'd have left, but to say no way he would have under the same rules they have now is guessing, at best. I'm sure you know he hated his GM, right?
Keep in mind too that the nBA went into a lockout right after Jordan retired and it was looming. That was a serious factor in the 2nd retirement along with his discontentment with the 2 Jerry's.

Keep in mind too that the nBA went into a lockout right after Jordan retired and it was looming. That was a serious factor in the 2nd retirement along with his discontentment with the 2 Jerry's.
Agree.....but you really cannot think any other team was coming close to paying him what the Bulls did, so again I'd ask, where was he gonna go?

sure but no way to know they'd have been better than Miami was, especially so soon. I don't think many saw them in the Finals his first year.
Maybe for another 1 or 2 years in Miami it could of worked. But Wade was leaving his prime and Bosh got sick. Plus both guys older than Lebron.

Maybe for another 1 or 2 years in Miami it could of worked. But Wade was leaving his prime and Bosh got sick. Plus both guys older than Lebron.
Agree....but also no way to know Love would stay. If you listened to the "experts" he was going to LA as soon as he could. No way the Cavs could be considered "greener pastures".

Agree.....but you really cannot think any other team was coming close to paying him what the Bulls did, so again I'd ask, where was he gonna go?
Boston , LA , NY probably. Go help out Ewing or bring the Celtics back to life.

Agree....but also no way to know Love would stay. If you listened to the "experts" he was going to LA as soon as he could. No way the Cavs could be considered "greener pastures".
That was because of him being a west coast guy and he didn't because Kobe was getting old and would of ripped him a new a$$hole. Especially during his farewell tour. He saw the Dwight Howard debacle happen right before his very eyes pior. Lebron comes across as Dr Phil compared to Kobe in terms of to play with as a teammate.

Sure. But I won't act all surprised that someone would call Allen a bitch. Is what it is ya know.
Just giving you shit man. I liked GA. I also like LeBron. Which is why I feel bad picking on him in these debates. You pick one side and have to hurt the other in order to make points. We are lucky to have had them both.

Just giving you shit man. I liked GA. I also like LeBron. Which is why I feel bad picking on him in these debates. You pick one side and have to hurt the other in order to make points. We are lucky to have had them both.
Agree....but also possible to appreciate both and not rip the other. Does seem like far too often Lebron accomplishes something and many feel they need to rip MJ, or many will say it/he doesn't hold up to MJ.

I just hope there's another one on his/MJs level when he is done.

I must have missed some previous conversations. When did opinions on LeBron become linked to MJ?
It was kind of my point. Both are the greatest in their era. When did opinions get linked to MJ? Have you not read instagram comments or ESPN post game comments after they beat the celts, or for the past 5 years? People act like LeBron wouldn’t be able to do shit in MJs era, it’s ****ing laughable. Let’s enjoy the greatness in front of us is all I’m saying.

Reactions: dtgold88
You can’t mention something positive about MJ without being a fanboy or what not. They are both great, one is just more great.
LeBron is still playing, this is the present. People keep bringing up the past and conjuring up these off kilter hypotheticals. Different eras, different players. Idek why Jordan’s name is in this thread, I mentioned it because it’s all some seem to talk about. The comparisons are moot, both are great.

Reactions: dtgold88
As a Bulls fan, I just want to say f those Jerrys.
I don't blame you one bit. Should be thankful they didn't have the same CBA as they do now with an exploding cap at the end of MJ's 8-year deal. Would not have surprised me one bit if he would have stuck to at least one of the Jerry's (crumbs).

Reactions: Big_Blue79
LeBron is still playing, this is the present. People keep bringing up the past and conjuring up these off kilter hypotheticals. Different eras, different players. Idek why Jordan’s name is in this thread, I mentioned it because it’s all some seem to talk about. The comparisons are moot, both are great.
Yup I agree. We have been blessed to watch both.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
It was kind of my point. Both are the greatest in their era. When did opinions get linked to MJ? Have you not read instagram comments or ESPN post game comments after they beat the celts, or for the past 5 years? People act like LeBron wouldn’t be able to do shit in MJs era, it’s ****ing laughable. Let’s enjoy the greatness in front of us is all I’m saying.
It's sad, I know. But outside of Duke basketball, Panthers and 49ers football, I get my sports news from here. Haha. So I have not seen what you are talking about. But I agree, Bron is hands down the greatest of his era. He just isn't that likable to me. Which is fine, I rarely watch the NBA anyways.

It's sad, I know. But outside of Duke basketball, Panthers and 49ers football, I get my sports news from here. Haha. So I have not seen what you are talking about. But I agree, Bron is hands down the greatest of his era. He just isn't that likable to me. Which is fine, I rarely watch the NBA anyways.
Not likeable to me, either.

Not likeable to me, either.

It's weird, because I find that many don't find LeBron likable. Yet by all accounts he's a great guy, married his HS sweetheart, raises his kids right, and contributes quite a bit to his home town. Objectively, he should be likable. I think part of it is the relentless coverage. Part of it is just that everyone gets so damned defensive about everything. I blame Kobe fans, who are objectively terrible people who steal from charities.

It's weird, because I find that many don't find LeBron likable. Yet by all accounts he's a great guy, married his HS sweetheart, raises his kids right, and contributes quite a bit to his home town. Objectively, he should be likable. I think part of it is the relentless coverage. Part of it is just that everyone gets so damned defensive about everything. I blame Kobe fans, who are objectively terrible people who steal from charities.
A little different for me, as a Cavs' fan. First, no doubt he is a good guy overall, or certainly not a bad one. Does more than expected off the court, no doubt. And NE OH would miss him if he left.

I could live without the passive aggressive, narcissistic, drama queen antics though.

That said, I do think he has improved in these areas. Far fewer passive aggressive tweets, and he does reference team more than he used to IMO.

Reactions: Big_Blue79
ADVERTISEMENT