ADVERTISEMENT

Warriors or Cavaliers?

There’s about 100 more of those flop gifs too
That's great, but no one said Lebron didn't flop. You really are touchy when someone says anything negative of your hero, aren't you (so comical you'd say the same of anyone and Lebron).

Poster asked if MJ flopped. He did.

Want another?

LeBron went to Miami to join DWade and Bosh only to go back to Cleveland after they had stored up those lottery picks and KI emerging as a star. The Heat he left was nothing compared to the team he joined.
I wont ask you to say you are wrong as I believe the consequences must be devastating for you.

Do you just not get any team Lebron joins is better with Lebron? Had he stayed, Miami likely goes to Finals #5, and the Cavs at best sneak into the playoffs.

Yes, I get he probably didn't go to a worse situation the first time, which was why I didn't mention it.

Focus.

Yea as part owner of the team and president of basketball operations plus playing. And like Lebron isn't a good undercover GM neither was Jordan.
OK, but I'm pretty sure he did not do as the OP said. This was his comment to which I replied.....Jordan played for one team his whole life.

do you think that is a true statement? You never struck me as the type who based his comments on the poster and not the post. It's a gaffe. what would happen if you called him on it as I did?

Lebron has been to the Finals now 8 straight years. Even if he actually was the GM (he's not), has he been so bad? If he stays, let's see how he does with the 8th pick as he's never had one that high. Think he'll do worse than Kwame Brown at 1?

That's great, but no one said Lebron didn't flop. You really are touchy when someone says anything negative of your hero, aren't you (so comical you'd say the same of anyone and Lebron).

Poster asked if MJ flopped. He did.

Want another?

The question was in response to someone saying they didn't know how anyone could consider LeBron to be a bitch and then used MJ working the refs as a retort. I was eventually going to make the point that people might consider him a bitch because of his flopping. But I knew it would somehow be brought back to MJ. That's why I asked.

Reactions: dtgold88
The question was in response to someone saying they didn't know how anyone could consider LeBron to be a bitch and then used MJ working the refs as a retort. I was eventually going to make the point that people might consider him a bitch because of his flopping. But I knew it would somehow be brought back to MJ. That's why I asked.
I had not issue at all with you asking. Just provided evidence for you as you said you didn't know.

I happen to think MJ is a great player and probably still the GOAT. My only issue in all this is when someone says Lebron should not even be in the discussion or more foolishly that he could never pass MJ.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
I wont ask you to say you are wrong as I believe the consequences must be devastating for you.

Do you just not get any team Lebron joins is better with Lebron? Had he stayed, Miami likely goes to Finals #5, and the Cavs at best sneak into the playoffs.

Yes, I get he probably didn't go to a worse situation the first time, which was why I didn't mention it.

Focus.
Still touchy I see. That’s okay. We can do this together.

Yes, he makes both teams better. At the time, remember we are talking about without LBJ here, the 2010 Heat were better than the 2010 Cavs. Are you positive the 2014 Heat would have been better than the 2014 Cavs with an emerging Kyrie Irving? I’m not.

OK, but I'm pretty sure he did not do as the OP said. This was his comment to which I replied.....Jordan played for one team his whole life.

do you think that is a true statement? You never struck me as the type who based his comments on the poster and not the post. It's a gaffe. what would happen if you called him on it as I did?

Lebron has been to the Finals now 8 straight years. Even if he actually was the GM (he's not), has he been so bad? If he stays, let's see how he does with the 8th pick as he's never had one that high. Think he'll do worse than Kwame Brown at 1?
You know what he meant. It's like saying Olajuwon wan't a lifetime Rocket because he played his last season as a Raptor.

If that was the flop you were looking for that was a weak argument. Do we need to go find the ones where Lebron isn't touched and flops? I mean he learned from D- Wade one of the masters of flop.
I think Curry might be the best right now. Go near that guy and he will hit the ground.

I have no problem with talking about LeBrons greatness. You are the one who seems to get defensive when talking about this.
Defensive? So never mind I think MJ is probably still the GOAT?

Still think he never played for another team?

Doesn't compare.

giphy.gif
Great, but you asked if MJ flopped and like nearly every star he did. Lebron is irrelevant to your question.

Defensive? So never mind I think MJ is probably still the GOAT?

Still think he never played for another team?
You know what I meant, but please continue to hold that against me like it really matters. MJ played for another team for completely different reasons. You know this, you just want to nit pick.

I think Curry might be the best right now. Go near that guy and he will hit the ground.
Harden is by far the worst. He constantly does it and does a crappy job of selling it. I think that is why you saw him miss so many 3 pointers. He got too into drawing the foul rather than taking the shot. That guy lives off the foul line and if he can't get there he just isn't as good as he seems.

Yea but he was getting paid off of only making 2 mill a year prior to 1996-1997 because of everything he did for the organization.
I never said he wasn't worth it. I simply asked where else was he gonna go? I'd bet he couldn't even have gotten 10 mil elsewhere at the time.

Lebron or MJ will probably be the most discussed sports topic in our lifetimes. You guys have been talking about it for like a month now and there’s probably 5 topics a day about it on the main board.

Has there ever been any topic you guys can remember that’s been talked about so much?

Not saying I don’t like it being discussed at all, it’s just crazy how frequently it’s brought up.

You know what he meant. It's like saying Olajuwon wan't a lifetime Rocket because he played his last season as a Raptor.
I know what he meant? He was wrong, and if I made a comment like that I'd expect to be called on it. If I was, I'd have manned up and simply said my mistake.

Not only can't he do that, but you can't say he made a mistake?

You know what I meant, but please continue to hold that against me like it really matters. MJ played for another team for completely different reasons. You know this, you just want to nit pick.
I don't hold it against you....just wondered why it was so hard to man up and admit the gaffe.

I know what he meant? He was wrong, and if I made a comment like that I'd expect to be called on it. If I was, I'd have manned up and simply said my mistake.

Not only can't he do that, but you can't say he made a mistake?
Technically he was wrong. But Jordan was never going back to the Bulls and while he wanted to fill his Basketball Jones , the management ownership part is what ultimately got him to come back. Despite putting on 20lbs and being 2 years older he still was one of the 15-20 best players in the league at 38.

Lebron or MJ will probably be the most discussed sports topic in our lifetimes. You guys have been talking about it for like a month now and there’s probably 5 topics a day about it on the main board.

Has there ever been any topic you guys can remember that’s been talked about so much?

Not saying I don’t like it being discussed at all, it’s just crazy how frequently it’s brought up.
Really is a good sports debate. No right or wrong answer, and cannot be proven.

I never said he wasn't worth it. I simply asked where else was he gonna go? I'd bet he couldn't even have gotten 10 mil elsewhere at the time.
I disagree. Jordan would of gotten whatever he wanted had he gone elsewhere. It would of been a big market team for sure that could pony up the money.

Technically he was wrong. But Jordan was never going back to the Bulls and while he wanted to fill his Basketball Jones , the management ownership part is what ultimately got him to come back. Despite putting on 20lbs and being 2 years older he still was one of the 15-20 best players in the league at 38.
Fabulous...was that so hard?

He wasn't just technically wrong, though, he was wrong. No biggie.

Truth be told, I had forgotten Hakeem played for Toronto. If I said he played his entire career in Houston and someone reminded me about Toronto it would not have taken me a handful of posts to simply say my mistake, I forgot.

You think it's true he left for greener pastures to come back to the lottery bound Cavs?

I had not issue at all with you asking. Just provided evidence for you as you said you didn't know.

I happen to think MJ is a great player and probably still the GOAT. My only issue in all this is when someone says Lebron should not even be in the discussion or more foolishly that he could never pass MJ.
Yeah. I just came here to say LeBron is a bitch. Wasn't really sure how MJ got thrown into the discussion until I looked through some other threads. It's almost as bad as the political threads the way people are clinging to their sides. I don't care to have that argument, but there is an argument to be made between MJ and LeBron. It's rare that things are as cut and dry as some people make them out to be. It's like me saying _______ is the greatest movie of all time and it's not even close, when it is a subjective opinion by nature.

I disagree. Jordan would of gotten whatever he wanted had he gone elsewhere. It would of been a big market team for sure that could pony up the money.
Huh? didn't you just remind us he was paid about the same as the entire cap? There were no max deals then, so Chicago could have paid him a billion if they wanted to. No one else could go over their cap to sign him so how were they gonna approach that amount? Big or small market?

Yeah. I just came here to say LeBron is a bitch. Wasn't really sure how MJ got thrown into the discussion until I looked through some other threads. It's almost as bad as the political threads the way people are clinging to their sides. I don't care to have that argument, but there is an argument to be made between MJ and LeBron. It's rare that things are as cut and dry as some people make them out to be. It's like me saying _______ is the greatest movie of all time and it's not even close, when it is a subjective by nature.
Not sure if you saw it, but I think a bitch might be extreme, but I do have issues with the guy.

Glad he plays for my team, but could live without the narcissistic, drama queen antics.

He does flop and exaggerates injuries (made it seem like his hand would fall off at the end of Game 7), but I also think he gets hit nearly every time he goes to the hoop. Size/strength obviously works against him.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
Fabulous...was that so hard?

He wasn't just technically wrong, though, he was wrong. No biggie.

Truth be told, I had forgotten Hakeem played for Toronto. If I said he played his entire career in Houston and someone reminded me about Toronto it would not have taken me a handful of posts to simply say my mistake, I forgot.

You think it's true he left for greener pastures to come back to the lottery bound Cavs?
Lebron coming back form Miami and winning one for Cleveland was the only option he had if he wanted to ever have a shot of succeeding Jordan. He could of won 6 titles without coming back to Cleveland. But he would of always been maligned for not winning one for Cleveland. Because of how over the top cheese ball douchey the "Decision" was.

Huh? didn't you just remind us he was paid about the same as the entire cap? There were no max deals then, so Chicago could have paid him a billion if they wanted to. No one else could go over their cap to sign him so how were they gonna approach that amount? Big or small market?
There was a luxury tax though I believe. And NBA teams in 2/3 of the markets even back then and today aren't geared to spend LA , NY , Chicago type money on players. Though the difference from Jordan to the rest of the league stars was ridiculous. Think about that it took until Curry to top his salary I believe?

Not sure if you saw it, but I think a bitch might be extreme, but I do have issues with the guy.

Glad he plays for my team, but could live without the narcissistic, drama queen antics.

He does flop and exaggerates injuries (made it seem like his hand would fall off at the end of Game 7), but I also think he gets hit nearly every time he goes to the hoop. Size/strength obviously works against him.
It might be extreme. But Duke players get called bitches all the time for flopping. So I just roll with it.

Lebron coming back form Miami and winning one for Cleveland was the only option he had if he wanted to ever have a shot of succeeding Jordan. He could of won 6 titles without coming back to Cleveland. But he would of always been maligned for not winning one for Cleveland. Because of how over the top cheese ball douchey the "Decision" was.
Mostly agree, but a certain someone said he always left for greener pastures and he certainly could have stayed put and been a Finals' favorite again and not joined the lottery bound Cavs. No lock yet Love was coming and the roster still consisted of some parts that did not fit with them.

If he really cares about his legacy so much seems like his best option is stay in Cleveland. Leave and he might be called another Durant or if he leaves and wins he'll be told MJ never had to leave to win (they'll ignore he didn't have much choice, of course).

He'll never get past the Decision. Got some bad advice on that one. Or if it was his idea, someone needed to stop him.

Mostly agree, but a certain someone said he always left for greener pastures and he certainly could have stayed put and been a Finals' favorite again and not joined the lottery bound Cavs. No lock yet Love was coming and the roster still consisted of some parts that did not fit with them.

If he really cares about his legacy so much seems like his best option is stay in Cleveland. Leave and he might be called another Durant or if he leaves and wins he'll be told MJ never had to leave to win (they'll ignore he didn't have much choice, of course).

He'll never get past the Decision. Got some bad advice on that one. Or if it was his idea, someone needed to stop him.
Probably wasn't a lock but Love and his agent ears perked up once they got word he was going back. You already had Kyrie as well to help sweeten the deal.

There was a luxury tax though I believe. And NBA teams in 2/3 of the markets even back then and today aren't geared to spend LA , NY , Chicago type money on players. Though the difference from Jordan to the rest of the league stars was ridiculous. Think about that it took until Curry to top his salary I believe?
Exactly....and you think someone other than the Bulls could have come close to $30 mil with the cap how it was set up? Doubtful even $10 mil could have been paid by another team. Even if teams were gonna do what they do now and unload guys, most players were making less than 5 mil then (much less, I would bet). You'd have to dump an entire roster to afford him.

Isn't to say he'd have left, but to say no way he would have under the same rules they have now is guessing, at best. I'm sure you know he hated his GM, right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT