ADVERTISEMENT

Warriors just signed DeMarcus Cousins. Wow

Does that mean I am logical, rational and have the ability to listen to both sides of a topic? That I use logic, facts and reason to refute something of which I disagree?

And who does spacegrass remind you of? Is there a host who likes to avoid answering direct questions and instead prefers to dance, deflect and spin?
download.php

Reactions: dtgold88
Does that mean I am logical, rational and have the ability to listen to both sides of a topic? That I use logic, facts and reason to refute something of which I disagree?

And who does spacegrass remind you of? Is there a host who likes to avoid answering direct questions and instead prefers to dance, deflect and spin?
I mean like, no.

Not really brah

Dude don't get bent because I skim past have of the stuff you write.

Again, I get it isn't in you to admit you might not be aware of something but let me try......Very rare the top guys do not stay with their teams after their rookie deals. You get they are only restricted and Minnesota can match any offer KAT receives?

There have also been rumblings of Lillard to Cleveland, along with McCollum. Didn't happen. Most of the rumors we hear about when it comes to trades don't go down. who do you suppose Portland will want from LA to make them better than eternally average, or did that not factor into the equation for you?
You don't think that LA could offer KAT something so large that Minnesota would have to let him walk , or do a sign and trade. Already got rumors going around about him and Butler not meshing from a personality standpoint. But hey that stuff doesn't matter , right? That is sarcasm fyi. Why putting two passive aggressive personalities like Lebron and Kawhi on the same team makes complete sense. Lol.

Dude don't get bent because I skim past have of the stuff you write.
space to English - "ya got me as usual with logic, facts and reason and you know I can't refute anything you said.....also by my Rivals' contract I cannot admit to any gaffes I might have made."

You don't think that LA could offer KAT something so large that Minnesota would have to let him walk , or do a sign and trade. Already got rumors going around about him and Butler not meshing from a personality standpoint. But hey that stuff doesn't matter , right? That is sarcasm fyi. Why putting two passive aggressive personalities like Lebron and Kawhi on the same team makes complete sense. Lol.
Now you are one of those guys who think if you end a completely nonsensical post with an LOL it makes it less foolish?

Under the current CBA with max deals and 4 year rookie contracts followed by restricted free agency, how about you tell me all the all star caliber players who received offers their current team did not match.

This is early, and you haven't had a chance yet, but to quote Harold Ramos in stripes, "that's none".

Reactions: Big_Blue79
So if the Lakers offered him say 5 yrs 175-200 mill. You feel like the Wolves would match that? The way salaries are going in the NBA , that is a possibility.

So if the Lakers offered him say 5 yrs 175-200 mill. You feel like the Wolves would match that? The way salaries are going in the NBA , that is a possibility.
Of course they would match it. Never mind the Lakers don't have that kind of cap space, though.

Are you just messing with me........ really are not this clueless about how the NBA works are you?

Maybe next time try a Dr. Evil version and ask what if the Lakers offered $100 billion.

Last edited:
Of course they would match it. Never mind the Lakers don't have that kind of cap space, though.

Are you just messing with me........ really are not this clueless about how the NBA works are you?

Maybe next time try a Dr. Evil version and ask what if the Lakers offered $100 billion.
No it would be like the Lebron in Miami days where you max out 3 guys and sign a bunch of vets on the minimum chasing a title. If I were the Wolves I wouldn't get into a bidding war , instead facilitate a sign and trade. $130 mill luxury tax threshold in 2019-2020.

No it would be like the Lebron in Miami days where you max out 3 guys and sign a bunch of vets on the minimum chasing a title. If I were the Wolves I wouldn't get into a bidding war , instead facilitate a sign and trade. $130 mill luxury tax threshold in 2019-2020.
How clueless are you when it comes to the NBA CBA? Just ask if you aren't sure. what bidding war? Towns will get a max deal. Are you thinking if LA just asks nicely they will be allowed to circumvent the CBA and the cap and offer him whatever they want?

I get you aren't big on answering direct questions, but any luck coming up with the all star caliber player who was extended an offer sheet by another team after his rookie deal that his current team did not match?

For your sake, please tell me you're just messing with me.

How clueless are you when it comes to the NBA CBA? Just ask if you aren't sure. what bidding war? Towns will get a max deal. Are you thinking if LA just asks nicely they will be allowed to circumvent the CBA and the cap and offer him whatever they want?

I get you aren't big on answering direct questions, but any luck coming up with the all star caliber player who was extended an offer sheet by another team after his rookie deal that his current team did not match?

For your sake, please tell me you're just messing with me.
Sandwhich

WTF are you even talking about. I was drunk as hell when I read it and lost interest. I just wanted a sandwich.
What I was talking about was you thinking an all star players was going to leave after his rookie deal and asked if you could name such a player under the current CBA.

And you cannot. But keep coming up with figures LA will offer if you like. After you have your sammich.

What I was talking about was you thinking an all star players was going to leave after his rookie deal and asked if you could name such a player under the current CBA.

And you cannot. But keep coming up with figures LA will offer if you like. After you have your sammich.
Ummm, I'm going to guess the reason @Spacegrass can not "name such a player under the current CBA" is because the Current CBA started during the 2017-18 season making this the 1st FA class under the current CBA but I'm sure you already knew that.

I know it's not a high profile player but the SPurs just declined a 4 yr 37 mill offer sheet match to Kyle ANderson. Why wouldn't they just pay the man?

Actually, the first time I asked the question I mentioned the CBAs that were similar....where max deals and restricted FA came after rookie deals.

And it seems concerning the question I asked, there would be no difference in the current CBA. Players are still restricted FAs if their rookie deals run out.

Since you want to help, can you come up with such a player? If phoning a friend does not help him, maybe there's another lifeline he can use?

Last edited:
I know it's not a high profile player but the SPurs just declined a 4 yr 37 mill offer sheet match to Kyle ANderson. Why wouldn't they just pay the man?
Because he is a dime a dozen player and not all star caliber? You cannot see a difference between not matching an offer for Kyle Anderson or KAT?

This is why I will never again say you could not be more irrational. Always another level for you.

@Danger 35 Zone want to help him here, too? want to explain Kyle anderson and KAT are a little different? Are you allowed, or is your Rivals contract one of those where your comments are based on poster, not post?

Because he is a dime a dozen player and not all star caliber? You cannot see a difference between not matching an offer for Kyle Anderson or KAT?

This is why I will never again say you could not be more irrational. Always another level for you.

@Danger 35 Zone want to help him here, too? want to explain Kyle anderson and KAT are a little different? Are you allowed, or is your Rivals contract one of those where your comments are based on poster, not post?
But would Minnesota a smaller market team want to hinder it's roster flexibility giving KAT 35 mill a year for 4-5 years? Where a franchise like LA is much more capable of taking on that kind of commitment financially.

But would Minnesota a smaller market team want to hinder it's roster flexibility giving KAT 35 mill a year for 4-5 years? Where a franchise like LA is much more capable of taking on that kind of commitment financially.
Yes.

Please tell me you are just messing with me. If so, ya got me. If not....wow.

Last edited:
Yes.

Please tell me you are just messing with me. If so, ya got me. If not....wow.
I don't know. It makes you wonder though , they already owe Wiggins a ton of money. Butler has a player option for 2019-2020 and is cheap in comparison to Wiggins at 19-20 mill. Then you have Towns who will demand big money. So you think Thibs let's Butler go? Butler is a Thibs guy and KAT was drafted before Thibs got to Minny. They can't pay all 3 imo. Not the type of franchise that can carry 90+ mill a year on 3 players unless they win a title.

I don't know. It makes you wonder though , they already owe Wiggins a ton of money. Butler has a player option for 2019-2020 and is cheap in comparison to Wiggins at 19-20 mill. Then you have Towns who will demand big money. So you think Thibs let's Butler go? Butler is a Thibs guy and KAT was drafted before Thibs got to Minny. They can't pay all 3 imo. Not the type of franchise that can carry 90+ mill a year on 3 players unless they win a title.
Now I just see you don't really get how the NBA works, and I don't mean this as a putdown. Yes, Towns will demand big money, and like everyone I can think of in his situation, his own team will give it to him.

Butler? You mentioned he has a player option. Do you not know what that means? Butler is the player and he chooses to return or not. If not, he is a FA and can go where he wants. Thibs wont just let him go, as he'll make an offer, but he cannot stop him.

Guy they'd probably let walk is Wiggins, though that will be their call as he is also coming off his rookie deal. They can match any offer if they choose. But he's no KAT. If someone offers him a max deal I would not be surprised if they let him go, as he is not close to being a star player.

Now I just see you don't really get how the NBA works, and I don't mean this as a putdown. Yes, Towns will demand big money, and like everyone I can think of in his situation, his own team will give it to him.

Butler? You mentioned he has a player option. Do you not know what that means? Butler is the player and he chooses to return or not. If not, he is a FA and can go where he wants. Thibs wont just let him go, as he'll make an offer, but he cannot stop him.

Guy they'd probably let walk is Wiggins, though that will be their call as he is also coming off his rookie deal. They can match any offer if they choose. But he's no KAT. If someone offers him a max deal I would not be surprised if they let him go, as he is not close to being a star player.
Yes Butler has a player option. Will he pick it up though? I think 29 year old Jimmy Butler can get 4 yr 100+ mill from someone in FA if he declines after next year. If he has a bad year or gets injured Butler can exercise the player option.

Yes Butler has a player option. Will he pick it up though? I think 29 year old Jimmy Butler can get 4 yr 100+ mill from someone in FA if he declines after next year. If he has a bad year or gets injured Butler can exercise the player option.
Of course he will decline it unless he hurts himself and cannot play the next year. That's the point. Butler is the one who decides if he goes. Not Thibs. Thibs will make him an offer, but Butler might decide he wants to play elsewhere.

And if he's healthy, get ready for him to get a lot more than 4 years, 100 mil. CP is older and gets hurt as much or more and just got 4 and 160 mil.

You don't think that LA could offer KAT something so large that Minnesota would have to let him walk , or do a sign and trade.

Wut? No, that's not how that works.

Because he's Kyle "Slo Mo" Anderson. This is comparing apples to raisins, which you know: "I know it's not a high profile player."

Butler has a player option below his market value. He's going to opt out to get more money (and maybe leave MN). Wiggins is a bad contract, and they should look to move it. KAT will get a max offer sheet soon (he can sign it in October of this year, IIRC). If not, he can be a restricted FA after this year, which gives MN the right to match any offer he receives (and they will). He can op to accept his qualifying offer to become an unrestricted FA after the 2019-20 season, but here's a list of significant players that have done that: {null set}. Shit, when someone as meh as Greg Monroe did it awhile back, it was a big deal because it is so rare.

Superstar players like KAT universally sign a second contract with their team (see Durant, LeBron, Carmelo, Kawhi, Wall, Irving, Dame, PG13, Butler, Westbrook, Curry, Wade, CP13, and many, many more), and their team offers them a max because when you're that good maximum salary has the effect of making you underpaid.

really are not this clueless about how the NBA works are you?

Narrator: He is.

Of course he will decline it unless he hurts himself and cannot play the next year. That's the point. Butler is the one who decides if he goes. Not Thibs. Thibs will make him an offer, but Butler might decide he wants to play elsewhere.

And if he's healthy, get ready for him to get a lot more than 4 years, 100 mil. CP is older and gets hurt as much or more and just got 4 and 160 mil.
Yea exactly. What would Towns demand? A big enough number that I could see a more rare occasion of Minny not matching.

Yea exactly. What would Towns demand? A big enough number that I could see a more rare occasion of Minny not matching.

Honest question: do you even know that the NBA has maximum salaries based on # years experience? Here's what Towns will demand: the maximum he's allowed to get (25% of the cap, or 30% of he meets the "Derrick Rose" rule criteria). And because his maximum salary is artificially restricted, and he is really good (and projects to get better), he'll be a value on that contract.

Wut? No, that's not how that works.

Because he's Kyle "Slo Mo" Anderson. This is comparing apples to raisins, which you know: "I know it's not a high profile player."

Butler has a player option below his market value. He's going to opt out to get more money (and maybe leave MN). Wiggins is a bad contract, and they should look to move it. KAT will get a max offer sheet soon (he can sign it in October of this year, IIRC). If not, he can be a restricted FA after this year, which gives MN the right to match any offer he receives (and they will). He can op to accept his qualifying offer to become an unrestricted FA after the 2019-20 season, but here's a list of significant players that have done that: {null set}. Shit, when someone as meh as Greg Monroe did it awhile back, it was a big deal because it is so rare.

Superstar players like KAT universally sign a second contract with their team (see Durant, LeBron, Carmelo, Kawhi, Wall, Irving, Dame, PG13, Butler, Westbrook, Curry, Wade, CP13, and many, many more), and their team offers them a max because when you're that good maximum salary has the effect of making you underpaid.

Narrator: He is.
I am not saying it's a likelihood.
Honest question: do you even know that the NBA has maximum salaries based on # years experience? Here's what Towns will demand: the maximum he's allowed to get (25% of the cap, or 30% of he meets the "Derrick Rose" rule criteria). And because his maximum salary is artificially restricted, and he is really good (and projects to get better), he'll be a value on that contract.
So very well could get 28-32 mill a year.

He'll get a max offer from Minnesota. why not just say you don't understand as opposed to making foolish comments?

Can't possibly know with some of these comments he's making. Or, as I am hoping for his sake, is just messing with us.

Devin Booker signed a 5 year extension worth $158m. No word yet on if it has the kicker to be 30% of the cap if he meets the "Derrick Rose" rule (basically, All NBA or MVP or DPOY). So KAT's deal could come at any moment.

He'll get a max offer from Minnesota. why not just say you don't understand as opposed to making foolish comments?
So they let Butler go? If Zach Lavine can get 4 years 78 mill , Butler will be 30 mill a year probably if he opts out and has a good year.

So they let Butler go? If Zach Lavine can get 4 years 78 mill , Butler will be 30 mill a year probably if he opts out and has a good year.
Will be $30 mil minimum. Do you just not pay attention to what NBA players are making?

ADVERTISEMENT