ADVERTISEMENT

Warriors just signed DeMarcus Cousins. Wow

I get you are irrational at times but I think you might have gone off the deep end with this one.

Kyrie was the lynch pin? Wow. Was he important, and did he hit a huge shot? Of course, but Lebron went for 41, 41 then a triple double in Games 5, 6 and 7. He led both teams in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks. Speaking of blocks, maybe you recall the one he had before Kyrie's big shot to stop an easy layup?

And, yes, Draymond suspension hurt them, but he did play in Games 6 and 7. I noticed Kyrie and Love missed nearly the entire series in 2015, and the Cavs still managed 2 victories. Delly was Lebron's #2. Think Kyrie can lead them to a couple wins with Lebron and Love out.....hell, with just Lebron out?
He neutralized Curry by making him defend and hit the big shots to win the series.

OK.....that Lebron guy is a great passer, so couldn't they figure out how to play together?
But the modern NBA is swing it around to the open shooter for the best 3 ball look you can get. Need multiple good passers on the floor.

LOL, don't worry kiddo, I'm not going anywhere. But I can say right now that if Kawhi spurns the Lakers it's not because he thinks he couldn't mesh with LeBron.
On this I disagree.....it's certainly possible he does not want to play with Lebron, though I don't think it would be because they play the same position if that's the reason.

He neutralized Curry by making him defend and hit the big shots to win the series.
OK, and Lebron went for 41, 41 and a triple double in last 3 games and led all players in points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals and also was helpful on defense.

I never said Kyrie was not instrumental in the title. But the lynch pin?

But the modern NBA is swing it around to the open shooter for the best 3 ball look you can get. Need multiple good passers on the floor.
Are you thinking they would not have 3 other players and it would only be Lebron and Kawhi? Maybe this is where you are mixed up.

Also thinking that playing with Pop as long as he has Kawhi might be able to play under a team concept.

Definitely doesn't mean Kawhi wont wind up there, but in the last 3-4 years I've heard many say at various times that Love, Westbrook and PG were each going to wind up in LA.

Not sure what it is....that they don't trust LA management/Magic, at this point is Lebron not the lure many think (in PG's case.....Kyrie seems to think so).

I will say I wonder how Magic became such a teflon man who will not face ridicule from most fans nor the media.

I am 100% sure Gilbert and Altman would be getting shredded if Lebron stayed and they "allowed" Cousins to wind up in GS. Never mind letting their top player not named Lebron to walk in FA, and passing on Tatum (still early on that, but looks like a gaffe).
Maybe if Gilbert were regarded as on of the top 10 players in NBA history, he'd be more of a teflon man.;) I think Laker fans are still recovering from the horror of Jim Buss. And right on about should have drafted Tatum. I was hoping they'd pick Fox, and that would have been better. speaking of Lakers/Warriors, the Summer League tilt is about to start. Probably their only shot at a win this year.

Reactions: dtgold88
Maybe if Gilbert were regarded as on of the top 10 players in NBA history, he'd be more of a teflon man.;) I think Laker fans are still recovering from the horror of Jim Buss. And right on about should have drafted Tatum. I was hoping they'd pick Fox, and that would have been better. speaking of Lakers/Warriors, the Summer League tilt is about to start. Probably their only shot at a win this year.
I know it was somewhat tongue-in-cheek but you nailed it. Magic is beloved from his playing days and they just look at Gilbert as an billionaire with an ego.

Gilbert did everything Magic just did without the lure of Hollywood and being Magic.

That said, I have no illusions that Lebron plays as long as he did here if not from NE Ohio.

Reactions: Silent Banjo
Okay...... Doesn't like Lebron , Clippers can pay him more potentially , don't ignore the multiple reasons I mentioned.

Since you like to bring up fandom as a factor in opinions..... Are you a Lakers fan?
Yep, big Lakers fan. I'd have to check that cap space figure. Again, your claim that LeBron and Kawhi couldn't mesh is absurd.

Cavs small ball lineup was not good defensively. Plus we all know that Kyrie was the lynch pin to the title they actually won. Along with the injuries and poor decision making by Draymond to get suspended.

I said LeBron could play PF in elite offensive lineups, and nothing about the 2016 NBA Finals (moving goalposts!). But if I say something like the 2017 Cavs were a title worthy team with that elite offense (that set playoff records against the elite defense Warriors in the Finals, btw), you'll just move the goalposts again. It's clear you're not really interested in discussing how LeBron and Kawhi could play together; your mind is made up, facts be damned.

Definitely doesn't mean Kawhi wont wind up there, but in the last 3-4 years I've heard many say at various times that Love, Westbrook and PG were each going to wind up in LA.

Not sure what it is....that they don't trust LA management/Magic, at this point is Lebron not the lure many think (in PG's case.....Kyrie seems to think so).

I will say I wonder how Magic became such a teflon man who will not face ridicule from most fans nor the media.

I am 100% sure Gilbert and Altman would be getting shredded if Lebron stayed and they "allowed" Cousins to wind up in GS. Never mind letting their top player not named Lebron to walk in FA, and passing on Tatum (still early on that, but looks like a gaffe).

Anyone from the west coast gets 'shipped to the Lakers (in this case, I mean fan fiction relationship 'shipping, not send 'em in a trade shipping). The PG stuff was the first time it seemed likely rather than just speculation.

Magic is a shrewd businessman, and probably a good mentor/role model/rolodex guy for LeBron as he looks to expand his post-NBA career empire, but he's had some absolutely dumb basketball takes. I don't think passing on Cousins is necessarily one of them.

Kawhi is not an elite playmaker, but he's more than good enough to be a secondary playmaker (LeBron and whatever nominal PG they use will have primary playmaking responsibilities). Why can't LeBron and Kawhi work together? Are you saying that Kawhi can't be a part of "the modern NBA" because he's not one of "multiple good passers on the floor?" Even if you're right (you're not), doesn't that just show that LeBron and Kawhi have different skill sets that might mesh together very well?

And to the extent that it matters, I'm a Bulls fan.

There has been one report prior to FA about his uncle saying he wanted in LA as a Laker. Fast forward 3-4 weeks and Lebron is now a Laker who plays the same position and the Clippers have since opened up 70 million of cap space for next year. Yes things could change , but I can tell you the Spurs will do a sign and trade to get the most they can for Leonard. They also don't want to send him to the Lakers where he will come back to bite them in the ass more likely. Plus the Clippers will not be very good this year and could very likely have a top 3-5 pick to offer as trade bait. Spurs trade Kawhi to Clippers for the pick and maybe another starter included to make salaries balance out. Spurs get to replace Kawhi potentially with guys like Barrett , Little , or Reddish in the next draft with a high pick.

Please provide some sort of logic to back your conclusion , rather than just play the hater card. Simply because you are living off pre FA news reports from a month ago. Thanks for playing but try harder.

Woj reported yesterday that the Clippers have less appeal due to LeBron on the Lakers. Both Woj and Charania work the same way: by leaking what the agents want leaked. I wouldn't take either report as anything but noise. Maybe the Charania reports are to increase the pressure on the Lakers to make a trade rather than wait it out (as they are reportedly happy to do). The logic for the Lakers (assuming Kawhi hits free agency next year) is: 1) it's the marquee NBA franchise; 2) LeBron/Ingram/Ball/Kuzma/Hart is a more appealing (and aside from LeBron, younger) core than what the Clippers have, even assuming the Clippers get a top 5 pick next year (doubtful).

I get maaaybe arguing that the Clippers will get Kawhi in free agency, but in a trade? It's clear you didn't think it out very well. I think you're missing the key point that the trade must be done by the trade deadline; Kawhi can opt out after the season. Clippers with Kawhi are a playoff team, and certainly a far cry from bottom 3-5 even if the trade is mid-season. The Clippers 2019 1st is owed to the Celtics (top 14 protected), so it might not even convey (and lots of complications with that protection, including the Stepian rule). So the package of "the pick and maybe another starter included to make salaries balance out" is preposterously weak (and the fact that you put in the word "maybe" shows that you might not understand NBA cap/trade constraints at all). Every other proposed package is better. The Spurs might end up taking some crappy offer like Lou Williams and Tobias Harris, but only if they had no other decent offers (the reported Lakers and Sixers offers are far superior, and Boston can beat that easily without even including Brown/Tatum/Rozier).

Are you thinking they would not have 3 other players and it would only be Lebron and Kawhi? Maybe this is where you are mixed up.

Also thinking that playing with Pop as long as he has Kawhi might be able to play under a team concept.
Lebron is the sun where ever he plays , ball is always in his hands like a PG but from the forward spot. That is not the system Kawhi has been in.

Woj reported yesterday that the Clippers have less appeal due to LeBron on the Lakers. Both Woj and Charania work the same way: by leaking what the agents want leaked. I wouldn't take either report as anything but noise. Maybe the Charania reports are to increase the pressure on the Lakers to make a trade rather than wait it out (as they are reportedly happy to do). The logic for the Lakers (assuming Kawhi hits free agency next year) is: 1) it's the marquee NBA franchise; 2) LeBron/Ingram/Ball/Kuzma/Hart is a more appealing (and aside from LeBron, younger) core than what the Clippers have, even assuming the Clippers get a top 5 pick next year (doubtful).

I get maaaybe arguing that the Clippers will get Kawhi in free agency, but in a trade? It's clear you didn't think it out very well. I think you're missing the key point that the trade must be done by the trade deadline; Kawhi can opt out after the season. Clippers with Kawhi are a playoff team, and certainly a far cry from bottom 3-5 even if the trade is mid-season. The Clippers 2019 1st is owed to the Celtics (top 14 protected), so it might not even convey (and lots of complications with that protection, including the Stepian rule). So the package of "the pick and maybe another starter included to make salaries balance out" is preposterously weak (and the fact that you put in the word "maybe" shows that you might not understand NBA cap/trade constraints at all). Every other proposed package is better. The Spurs might end up taking some crappy offer like Lou Williams and Tobias Harris, but only if they had no other decent offers (the reported Lakers and Sixers offers are far superior, and Boston can beat that easily without even including Brown/Tatum/Rozier).
I think it will be a top 10 pick with potential to be a higher pick. Maybe it's a 3 team deal like it's been discussed some as well? Or maybe he goes to the Warriors and replaces Boogie? I hear LA this and LA that every off season and they don't seem to pan out in FA like everyone says they will. Everyone is acting like 35 going on 36 year old Lebron is as attractive as 29 year old Lebron was. Best thing Lebron has been able to recruit since Miami is Kevin Love.

So media reports are viable when they fit your narrative , but just manipulation by agents when they don't? At least be consistent.

I said LeBron could play PF in elite offensive lineups, and nothing about the 2016 NBA Finals (moving goalposts!). But if I say something like the 2017 Cavs were a title worthy team with that elite offense (that set playoff records against the elite defense Warriors in the Finals, btw), you'll just move the goalposts again. It's clear you're not really interested in discussing how LeBron and Kawhi could play together; your mind is made up, facts be damned.

Anyone from the west coast gets 'shipped to the Lakers (in this case, I mean fan fiction relationship 'shipping, not send 'em in a trade shipping). The PG stuff was the first time it seemed likely rather than just speculation.

Magic is a shrewd businessman, and probably a good mentor/role model/rolodex guy for LeBron as he looks to expand his post-NBA career empire, but he's had some absolutely dumb basketball takes. I don't think passing on Cousins is necessarily one of them.

Kawhi is not an elite playmaker, but he's more than good enough to be a secondary playmaker (LeBron and whatever nominal PG they use will have primary playmaking responsibilities). Why can't LeBron and Kawhi work together? Are you saying that Kawhi can't be a part of "the modern NBA" because he's not one of "multiple good passers on the floor?" Even if you're right (you're not), doesn't that just show that LeBron and Kawhi have different skill sets that might mesh together very well?

And to the extent that it matters, I'm a Bulls fan.
I'm sorry. Is Kawhi good with being a 3 and D guy standing around on the perimeter for Lebron?

Lebron literally controls the ball on every possession he is in the game. He is going to put up huge numbers often , as I have said in the past..... He is the perimeter version of Wilt and will likely amass the greatest overall stat line in league history. But Kyrie hit the daggers in closing moments of close games. I like how a certain poster doesn't give Kyrie the credit he gave him 2 years ago today. Since Kyrie left the Cavs...... Could it be because of his fandom blinding him?

I think it will be a top 10 pick with potential to be a higher pick. Maybe it's a 3 team deal like it's been discussed some as well? Or maybe he goes to the Warriors and replaces Boogie? I hear LA this and LA that every off season and they don't seem to pan out in FA like everyone says they will. Everyone is acting like 35 going on 36 year old Lebron is as attractive as 29 year old Lebron was. Best thing Lebron has been able to recruit since Miami is Kevin Love.

So media reports are viable when they fit your narrative , but just manipulation by agents when they don't? At least be consistent.
Didn't you earlier say he has not recruited anyone since Miami? At least you came around to Love.

who did you want him to recruit other than Love while with the Cavs with no cap space?

Agree he has not gotten anyone of substance yet to LA, and you may be correct, but he's been a Laker all of 4 days.

I'm sorry. Is Kawhi good with being a 3 and D guy standing around on the perimeter for Lebron?
You get Kyrie had the ball some and created his own shot often with Lebron. Never mind the D part of 3 and D has nothing to do with being on the perimeter.

Reactions: Silent Banjo
Lebron literally controls the ball on every possession he is in the game. He is going to put up huge numbers often , as I have said in the past..... He is the perimeter version of Wilt and will likely amass the greatest overall stat line in league history. But Kyrie hit the daggers in closing moments of close games. I like how a certain poster doesn't give Kyrie the credit he gave him 2 years ago today. Since Kyrie left the Cavs...... Could it be because of his fandom blinding him?
"Literally" every possession?

I hope I am not that "certain poster" you refer to as I give Kyrie all the credit in the world for what he did here and will never forget making the biggest shot in our team's history.

The idea Kyrie was the "lynch pin" in the Finals as you alluded is beyond your normal irrational though.

Lebron went for 41, 41 and then a triple double in their last 3 wins. He had more points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals than every player on both teams. Try and let that sink in.

I noticed you didn't answer the question posed last time I asked. Let's try again......When Kyrie and Love were both out, Lebron was able to lead them to 2 wins with Delly as his #2. Do you think they could get 2 wins if Lebron and Love were out and Kyrie played? How about just Lebron out?

Does my rational, objective posting confuse you? I am not the type who will rip players after they leave. when Lebron left the first time I was not happy he left, but you would never have found me not saying he was still easily the best in the game and in the GOAT discussion.

Same when they moved Kyrie. As long as he is healthy, I still believe he is one of the best PGs in the NBA. No worse than top 3-5 (again, if healthy).

I said that both reports, going both ways (mine was Woj, yours was Shams), were leaked to the media by the leakers (likely agents/handlers) for reasons. In other words, no, I am doing the opposite of what you're accusing me of, and I'm saying to take everything with a grain of salt. And I was pretty damn clear about it:

Both Woj and Charania work the same way: by leaking what the agents want leaked. I wouldn't take either report as anything but noise.

But moving on. How is Kawhi going to the Warriors? For the taxpayers mid-level exception? Lol. From what I've seen, you seem to have little idea of how the CBA works, so let's focus on something simple that you (conveniently) ignored. Kawhi is under contract for 1 more year, and has a player option for 2019-20. He wants out, so the Spurs have until the trade deadline of this season to move him. If the Spurs trade him for the Clippers 2019 first and salary cap fodder (of whatever quality), Kawhi will be on the Clippers in the 2019 season for at least part of the year. Kawhi is very good, and will make the Clippers better, which makes their pick worse. So that top 10 with potential pick gets worse, and if the Clippers make the playoffs (remember in this scenario they have Kawhi), that pick goes to the Celtics and the Spurs get some version of a first in 2021 or later (or it reverts to 2 seconds, as is typical on these protections). That's a terrible, terrible trade for the Spurs. If you want a trade idea for the Clippers that is remotely possible (but exceedingly improbable), look at Zach Lowe's column from today.

Dtgold88 already tore this apart, so I'm not going to repeat too much, but LeBron's succeeded next to high usage guys like Wade and Irving most of his career, and he's likely to defer more as he ages (which is relevant here as he's signed for at least 3 years and Kawhi would presumably do likewise). You seem to have a very binary view of basketball (either LeBron or "3 and D guy standing around on the perimeter"), which is oversimplification to the point of inaccuracy.

Yet somehow Kyrie managed to shoot more, and I believe have a higher usage % in 2017.
They were both about the same. Though James shot a higher FG% and true shooting % , but yes James needs a killer scorer around him. Why I think trading for say a Damian Lillard and going after say a guy like KAT in 2019 makes more sense around Lebron than Kawhi and some other piece.

I said that both reports, going both ways (mine was Woj, yours was Shams), were leaked to the media by the leakers (likely agents/handlers) for reasons. In other words, no, I am doing the opposite of what you're accusing me of, and I'm saying to take everything with a grain of salt. And I was pretty damn clear about it:

But moving on. How is Kawhi going to the Warriors? For the taxpayers mid-level exception? Lol. From what I've seen, you seem to have little idea of how the CBA works, so let's focus on something simple that you (conveniently) ignored. Kawhi is under contract for 1 more year, and has a player option for 2019-20. He wants out, so the Spurs have until the trade deadline of this season to move him. If the Spurs trade him for the Clippers 2019 first and salary cap fodder (of whatever quality), Kawhi will be on the Clippers in the 2019 season for at least part of the year. Kawhi is very good, and will make the Clippers better, which makes their pick worse. So that top 10 with potential pick gets worse, and if the Clippers make the playoffs (remember in this scenario they have Kawhi), that pick goes to the Celtics and the Spurs get some version of a first in 2021 or later (or it reverts to 2 seconds, as is typical on these protections). That's a terrible, terrible trade for the Spurs. If you want a trade idea for the Clippers that is remotely possible (but exceedingly improbable), look at Zach Lowe's column from today.

Dtgold88 already tore this apart, so I'm not going to repeat too much, but LeBron's succeeded next to high usage guys like Wade and Irving most of his career, and he's likely to defer more as he ages (which is relevant here as he's signed for at least 3 years and Kawhi would presumably do likewise). You seem to have a very binary view of basketball (either LeBron or "3 and D guy standing around on the perimeter"), which is oversimplification to the point of inaccuracy.
Irving and Wade are superior passers compared to Leonard.

You get Kyrie had the ball some and created his own shot often with Lebron. Never mind the D part of 3 and D has nothing to do with being on the perimeter.
Yes see my comment about Wade and Kyrie both being better passers/facilitators than Kawhi.

And Leonard is an infinitely superior defender and just as good a scorer.
Young Wade was an awesome defender , Kyrie I get. On the scoring side I would rather have prime Wade even though not as good a 3 point shooter as Kawhi or Kyrie. Would rather have Kyrie if we are just looking at scoring.

Since I am just such a hater , what are your thoughts on Lillard and say KAT as a better fit around Lebron? Not to mention Lillard is same age , gonna be a cheaper salary hit because he signed his contract 2 years ago , and KAT is gonna be 24 when you acquire him , if you can. Plus LA loves the big man and KAT's skill set fits well if you are gonna play Lebron at PF.

Also here is an article yesterday saying the additions of Stephenson and Rondo are geared towards having other playmakers/facilitators around Lebron. Even if that means they can't shoot well from deep. Trying to make Lebron more of a scorer which I am not sure is the best way to utilize him.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24003187/lakers-signings-part-magic-plan-nba

Reactions: dtgold88
Young Wade was an awesome defender , Kyrie I get. On the scoring side I would rather have prime Wade even though not as good a 3 point shooter as Kawhi or Kyrie. Would rather have Kyrie if we are just looking at scoring.

Since I am just such a hater , what are your thoughts on Lillard and say KAT as a better fit around Lebron? Not to mention Lillard is same age , gonna be a cheaper salary hit because he signed his contract 2 years ago , and KAT is gonna be 24 when you acquire him , if you can. Plus LA loves the big man and KAT's skill set fits well if you are gonna play Lebron at PF.

Also here is an article yesterday saying the additions of Stephenson and Rondo are geared towards having other playmakers/facilitators around Lebron. Even if that means they can't shoot well from deep. Trying to make Lebron more of a scorer which I am not sure is the best way to utilize him.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24003187/lakers-signings-part-magic-plan-nba
Everything is relative, and I know all about Wade as I'm from Chicago. That being said, Kawhi is a transcendent defender. He's basically a Scottie Pippen who's much more efficient on offense.

From what I've read, the Lakers are signing a bunch of guys to 1 year contracts so that cap space is available in 2019-2020. They wanted Tyreke Evans badly, but he signed with Indy.

Your link was interesting. With Randle gone, maybe LeBron will be playing more in the blocks.

Last edited:
They were both about the same. Though James shot a higher FG% and true shooting % , but yes James needs a killer scorer around him. Why I think trading for say a Damian Lillard and going after say a guy like KAT in 2019 makes more sense around Lebron than Kawhi and some other piece.
would they be better players around Lebron? Sure, but you have really gone off the deep end of irrational now. Curry would probably be better around him, as well as AD. why not just trade for one of them? Hell....make it both.

Kawhi is a FA after the season. Lillard and KAT would need to be acquired in trade. Possibly their current team might not be so willing to move them, especially Minnesota?

Reactions: Big_Blue79
Any reason you are avoiding a simple, direct question you've been asked, @Spacegrass ?

Here it is again - When Kyrie and Love were both out, Lebron was able to lead them to 2 wins with Delly as his #2. Do you think they could get 2 wins if Lebron and Love were out and Kyrie played? How about just Lebron out?

Any reason you are avoiding a simple, direct question you've been asked, @Spacegrass ?

Here it is again - When Kyrie and Love were both out, Lebron was able to lead them to 2 wins with Delly as his #2. Do you think they could get 2 wins if Lebron and Love were out and Kyrie played? How about just Lebron out?
You are the nick wright of this board.

Reactions: Spacegrass
would they be better players around Lebron? Sure, but you have really gone off the deep end of irrational now. Curry would probably be better around him, as well as AD. why not just trade for one of them? Hell....make it both.

Kawhi is a FA after the season. Lillard and KAT would need to be acquired in trade. Possibly their current team might not be so willing to move them, especially Minnesota?
Not really. Lillard has had rumblings to LA because Portland is eternally average and he is being wasted. plus Lillard plays well against Curry and the Warriors. KAT is gonna be on the open market next year if he chooses he wants to be. 2018-2019 is his last year of his rookie deal. So 2019 he can be bought.

I also came back to you after Irving showed out this year saying I very well might be wrong about Irving with how he was carrying Boston until he got hurt. I still think love is a bit overrated , but I get he is your boy.

Do the Warriors get a mulligan for the injuries and suspensions they dealt with in 2016 finals?

Do the Warriors get a mulligan for the injuries and suspensions they dealt with in 2016 finals?
This has nothing to do with GS, as I'm not taking away from their accomplishment. Never mind it's beyond irrational to compare Love missing the entire series and Kyrie all but regulation in Game 1 to Green missing 1 game due to his own actions and a role player missing a game or 2.

Now try and stay focused, this is about you thinking Kyrie was the "lynch pin" for the Cavs, so let's try the question again........When Kyrie and Love were both out, Lebron was able to lead them to 2 wins with Delly as his #2. Do you think they could get 2 wins if Lebron and Love were out and Kyrie played? How about just Lebron out?

Just curious, if you ever did just man up and say you were wrong or your logic was faulty, what would happen? Must be awful the lengths you go to avoid such an admission.

I also came back to you after Irving showed out this year saying I very well might be wrong about Irving with how he was carrying Boston until he got hurt. I still think love is a bit overrated , but I get he is your boy.
Great...but still haven't answered the question. If I can make it a yes/no question would that help you?

Not really. Lillard has had rumblings to LA because Portland is eternally average and he is being wasted. plus Lillard plays well against Curry and the Warriors. KAT is gonna be on the open market next year if he chooses he wants to be. 2018-2019 is his last year of his rookie deal. So 2019 he can be bought.
Again, I get it isn't in you to admit you might not be aware of something but let me try......Very rare the top guys do not stay with their teams after their rookie deals. You get they are only restricted and Minnesota can match any offer KAT receives?

There have also been rumblings of Lillard to Cleveland, along with McCollum. Didn't happen. Most of the rumors we hear about when it comes to trades don't go down. who do you suppose Portland will want from LA to make them better than eternally average, or did that not factor into the equation for you?

Reactions: Big_Blue79
You are the nick wright of this board.
Does that mean I am logical, rational and have the ability to listen to both sides of a topic? That I use logic, facts and reason to refute something of which I disagree?

And who does spacegrass remind you of? Is there a host who likes to avoid answering direct questions and instead prefers to dance, deflect and spin?

ADVERTISEMENT