ADVERTISEMENT

Warriors just signed DeMarcus Cousins. Wow

I hate the Warriors, but this is hilarious. I think if I didn't love Boogie Cousins, I would be disgusted.

Reactions: Montana81
I hate the Warriors, but this is hilarious. I think if I didn't love Boogie Cousins, I would be disgusted.

Same. Barring injury this guarantees we'll at the very least finally get to see playoff boogie. Hopefully the Warriors get him a ring too. Plus he can take his time recovering from that Achilles tear.

First time I'll be cheering against a Wildcat in the NBA. Hope his individual stats are insane and the Warriors lose in the first round. The NBA's structure sucks right now. Do away with a max limit on individual contracts and leave the salary cap.

Who knows when he'll play though. He will assuredly miss the first couple months and possibly more. Achilles injuries can be fickle, especially for a 270lb dude.

Reactions: GE Nole
Steph Curry
Klay Thompson
Kevin Durant
Draymond Green
Demarcus Cousins

This team would beat the eastern conference all stars

Cousins can rehab and take his time coming back and get a max next summer if he’s back to his old self.

But this is bad for the league. They were pretty much a shoe in to win the title next year anyway but to add him is insane.

On the other hand nba owners can’t be mad, they all could have offered a larger contract for him. It’s a really smart move by Cousins but as an nba fan it really sucks.

Reactions: VAWildcat15
Cousins can rehab and take his time coming back and get a max next summer if he’s back to his old self.
Hopefully not with the Warriors. A one-year stop to basically be given a ring would be good enough.... then go somewhere else. Laughing

But this is bad for the league. They were pretty much a shoe in to win the title next year anyway but to add him is insane.

On the other hand nba owners can’t be mad, they all could have offered a larger contract for him. It’s a really smart move by Cousins but as an nba fan it really sucks.

Lakers were about to offer him somethin huge but he wanted the guaranteed title with the Warriors. There wasnt a thing any other team could do. Just months ago Boogie was talking about how he wanted more money and instead took 5 million for 1 year. It's about getting a ring, not about what other nba owners could've done

Hopefully not with the Warriors. A one-year stop to basically be given a ring would be good enough.... then go somewhere else. Laughing

Yeah, they won't have Bird rights with him, so it's a one-year deal.

Still, this is bad for the NBA. Durant going to GSW (joining a 73 win team with the reigning MVP and 2 other All-Stars) was already so much "worse" than LeBron to Miami (joining a team with 2 All-Stars and... nothing else of value) or KG approving a trade to the Celtics (joining a team of 2 All-Stars and a young PG and C with unrealized potential). There's a really good chance this is all about nothing and Boogie is not better than JaVale last year as he rehabs. But there's a really good chance that he's 80% of what he was and GSW has no weaknesses (aside from 3 point shooting outside of 3 of the all-time best shooters).

Lakers were about to offer him somethin huge but he wanted the guaranteed title with the Warriors. There wasnt a thing any other team could do. Just months ago Boogie was talking about how he wanted more money and instead took 5 million for 1 year. It's about getting a ring, not about what other nba owners could've done
Lame move in my opinion.

Reactions: denniden
Yeah, they won't have Bird rights with him, so it's a one-year deal.

Still, this is bad for the NBA. Durant going to GSW (joining a 73 win team with the reigning MVP and 2 other All-Stars) was already so much "worse" than LeBron to Miami (joining a team with 2 All-Stars and... nothing else of value) or KG approving a trade to the Celtics (joining a team of 2 All-Stars and a young PG and C with unrealized potential). There's a really good chance this is all about nothing and Boogie is not better than JaVale last year as he rehabs. But there's a really good chance that he's 80% of what he was and GSW has no weaknesses (aside from 3 point shooting outside of 3 of the all-time best shooters).
No one will beat them. They will bring out the brooms yet again. Bron is kicking himself in the sack.

Hopefully this will lead to enough unrest and some reform with the NBA. Would love to have a reason to give a damn about it again. But they just keep digging deeper IMO

Reactions: VAWildcat15
Boogie still needs to prove he can help a team play better than they could without him. I'm a huge fan of the guy but he kind of needs to come in and have the team play well to help him long term maybe. Regardless, he should get a ring so that's pretty awesome. Like most said, smart move to go get a ring, hopefully show he is healthy and then sign a huge deal. Dude is crazy fun to watch IMO and is just a beast of a player. Him and Jodie Meeks are two of my all time favorite UK players.

I think this is sarcasm, but Jordan’s bulls would have lost to the Warriors last year

It is just so hard to compare. The Warriors couldn't play the way they do today in that era nor could the Bulls stop the Warriors with the way the game is played today. Still, when it comes down to winning time, Jordan is playing harder than anyone on the court so I can't say he is losing to a team of guys who are mostly kind of weak.

Reactions: Matt Laurer
It is just so hard to compare. The Warriors couldn't play the way they do today in that era nor could the Bulls stop the Warriors with the way the game is played today. Still, when it comes down to winning time, Jordan is playing harder than anyone on the court so I can't say he is losing to a team of guys who are mostly kind of weak.
I think Jordan is the GOAT but GSW have arguably the best three players in the game after MJ. I’d take Klay, Steph, and KD all over Pippen. Plus, it’s not like the Bulls had a bunch of big guards outside of Jordan. Steve Kerr isn’t checking Steph or Klay. Rodman and Green cancel each other out. McGee would do alright against whatever big they threw at him. The Warriors small ball line up would also be very tough to defend against, there are just better athletes playing basketball today than 20 years ago. Not necessarily better basketball players, but definitely better athletes.

NbA exec's are brainstorming like crazy trying to figure out how to move the Lakers or GSW to the Eastern conference.

Not sure I really love that move for Boogie.

If he comes back and is a shell of his former self, he’s absolutely crippled his future earning potential.

On the other hand, 5M for a half season of work and some hardware isn’t exactly the worst thing in the world.

Personally, I hope he wins a ring and goes to Boston. I think Brad could put him in a position to be the best player on the court, every night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT