ADVERTISEMENT

Ware & Clarke

So dakari or wcs played the four on one platoon? And Kat played pf alongside lee at C on the starting platoon? That makes me wonder why did he have lee starting over dakari or wcs. But yalls proven me wrong enough in this thread to make me swerve back over in my lane lol.

And yea I’ve backpeddled off that stance about the platoon costing up the title when I learned the poythres
Injury was that year, I thought it was the year after. Guess it was just regular coaching instead of usual coaching (cue the mad max gif above) obvious sarcasm. Wisconsin was a damn good team and played a helluva game.
IIRC, the first platoon was:
Harrison
Harrison
Poythress
Townes
WCS

The second platoon was:
Ulis (only1 "L")
Booker
Lyles
Lee
Dakari

Once Poythress went down, Cal went with a regular style, but he tinkered with lineups and substitutions the rest of the year. Townes didn’t sit very often and it is possible that Lee might have come in for him, but that would have been rare and would have been a result of playing a smaller team that UK would have been blowing out.

To me, I don't understand the criticism Cal got for that platoon he created. I think it was the right thing to do and all the players were getting a ton of recognition. They were also able to play at 100% effort while they were out there and it gave them all great per 40 stats. Seems like rival coaches turned it into a negative thing on the recruiting trail, but if you asked tge players on that team, they loved it.

IIRC, the first platoon was:
Harrison
Harrison
Poythress
Townes
WCS

The second platoon was:
Ulis (only1 "L")
Booker
Lyles
Lee
Dakari

Once Poythress went down, Cal went with a regular style, but he tinkered with lineups and substitutions the rest of the year. Townes didn’t sit very often and it is possible that Lee might have come in for him, but that would have been rare and would have been a result of playing a smaller team that UK would have been blowing out.

To me, I don't understand the criticism Cal got for that platoon he created. I think it was the right thing to do and all the players were getting a ton of recognition. They were also able to play at 100% effort while they were out there and it gave them all great per 40 stats. Seems like rival coaches turned it into a negative thing on the recruiting trail, but if you asked tge players on that team, they loved it.
He got criticism because 5 man substitutions just for the sake of it are stupid. Not sure why it continued after he stopped the wholesale substitutions.

I wouldn't have shortened the rotation, but I would have worried way less about getting everyone "equal" time.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I don’t think I was who turned the thread that way but I sure helped it jump the rails.

Wonder why u would “part ways” with anyone in the 5 star range. UK possibly thinks he is leaning elsewhere? Or maybe the kid has a bad attitude or something idk, I’ve never heard of him until this thread. Regardless ridiculously good problem to have I guess.

And yea I’m really hoping we can land Askew, but I also know his dad is heavily involved in his recruitment bc askew tweeted or instagramed that he would be committing somewhere soon and his dad came right back and said that wasn’t true that they were taking more visits. Which is a double edge sword in today’s landscape trying to figure out if the dad is just trying to do what’s best for his son or looking for a payday for his sons commit, which is sad to speculate on but like I said in today’s landscape you just never know.

I know it means nothing until they sign the dotted line, but I’ve never heard a recruit that wasn’t committed speak so highly about a program as Askew did after his visit. Granted I don’t much follow what recruits at other schools say after visits, but I really hope we can land Askew. He’s gonna be a special player imo.

Wonder why u would “part ways” with anyone in the 5 star range. UK possibly thinks he is leaning elsewhere? Or maybe the kid has a bad attitude or something idk, I’ve never heard of him until this thread. Regardless ridiculously good problem to have I guess.
Once Clarke committed it made them expendable (assuming he's eligible to reclassify). Kentucky has their two 5* shooting guards, now they need someone to get them the ball.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
*cough*... Cade Cunningham.
giphy.gif

Reactions: JC for 3
Just b/c I work for guys who are a)huge basketball fans, b)have box seats at Fede xforum c)close to Penny and Memphis staff, d)convinced they're in the know.

They're hearing Greg Brown is the silent commit the UK player was referring to. Which mean's 100% he's not going to UK. Congrats UT. They have been wrong on every single prediction.

Jessie said, Penny said, Brown to UK is a done deal. Jesse also told me Brooks to IU was a done deal, I could go on. If Jesse was on 24/7, he'd have a 0% rate. Penny is around often, and I have no doubt he knows and talks to him ( I have a pic with me and him)they both hate UK with a passion (whole thing about coming after the king). if I wasn't so good at closing he'd hate me too. (he knows Im a huge UK fan and I don't hide it.I constantly rub in their faces Calipari took the better job when he's brought up and shit on.) I've been bummed all day, after talking to a guy on here for the past two hours, he brought me back up.

Last edited:
Kuminga..... come on down!!

Jonathan Kuminga, the #1 player for 2021 and definitely in contention for best recruit in all HS is expected to reclassify. Although early predictions were in favor of Puke...recently UK has stormed onto the scene. He's got a lot of connections to UK including being really good friends with Terrence Clarke. They had spoken at great deal about teaming up together. Now, say UK gets Cade Cunningham...and he brings Greg Brown(big man and top 10 for 2020). That alone would give UK possibly the best recruiting class of all time. Add Kuminga...that's the best recruiting class ever...HANDS DOWN

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT