ADVERTISEMENT

Ware & Clarke

JC for 3

Oct 21, 2003
Ft. Thomas, KY
Team
Kentucky
....likely (as in tomorrow and Friday) additions to the 2020 UK recruiting class as long as Clarke reclassifies. Cal is loading up.

Ware:
Position: Power forward
Height: 6-9
Weight: 205
Hometown: Burlington, N.J.
High school: Camden
Travel team: New York Rens (Nike)
Rivals ranking: No. 52
ESPN ranking: No. 48
247 ranking: No. 41

Clarke:
Clarke — a 6-foot-6 shooting guard — is the No. 2 overall prospect in the 2021 class and joins Jonathan Kuminga as the only player from that group to land a UK offer, which was first reported Tuesday night by Stockrisers’ Jake Weingarten.

UK Coach John Calipari watched Clarke earlier this month on the Nike circuit and hosted the Massachusetts native for an unofficial visit last fall. Clarke turns 18 years old in September and has been mentioned as a possibility to ultimately reclassify to 2020.

Are they close friends, like a package deal kind of thing or just coincidence that they are visiting together.

Also what “group” is being referred to when it said that Clarke and one other kid were the only two out of the “group” to receive a up offer. Same aau team?

Also being 18 couldn’t he theoretically drop out of high school and enter the next draft. Isn’t the nba rule at the moment 18 years old and One year removed from high school or does it have to be one year removed from graduating high school. Not that I have any insight or think that he would do this I was just curious if he could since he’s so old for his class. I graduated high school when I was 17 and didn’t skip any grades, turned 18 the July after graduation. September birthdays are tricky, u can either be the youngest kid in ur grade or hold back starting kindergarten a year and be the oldest kid in the class. I’m guessing his parents did the latter and he was held back a year somewhere in elementary/middle school. If he doesn’t reclassify would he even be eligible to play high school ball at 19? Or does he attend an oak hill/img type of “school”
I’m not trying to flame just a curious situation.

Last edited:
If cal can get Todd, green and Christopher for 2020 also. This is all I can do

Ahh man it just hit me when I seen Camden was wares hometown, I’m pretty sure never nervous pervis is his god father or uncle or something. We were recruiting but he cut us from his list, no wait, wait we backed off his recruitment bc we didn’t want him anyways, did I do that right?

Reactions: TDredbird
Ahh man it just hit me when I seen Camden was wares hometown, I’m pretty sure never nervous pervis is his god father or uncle or something. We were recruiting but he cut us from his list, no wait, wait we backed off his recruitment bc we didn’t want him anyways, did I do that right?

...so you went from trying not to flame to trying to flame? Until CMC starts proving he can hang with the big boys in recruiting like UK, dook, KU.... you're short on ammo.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
How many spots does Kentucky have open this year?
Doubt you sign a class bigger than 5-6.
I'd say we sign a 7,8 or even an 9 man class. First, we have 13 players this year including three would be walkon's, So there's 3 available for next year already, then our 4 returning players will probably leave (Hagans,Quickley, Montgomery, Richards), (7 open), Grad Transfer Nate Sestina will be gone, (8), and then the possibility of Maxey, Whitney, and Keion Brooks. So we could be looking to fill as many as 11 slots.

...so you went from trying not to flame to trying to flame? Until CMC starts proving he can hang with the big boys in recruiting like UK, dook, KU.... you're short on ammo.

I was making a joke about how when a recruit chooses a school over another The fans of the team that lost out will often say how their coach backed off his recruitment or didn’t really want him etc, when In all likelihood they have no idea how the recruitment played out. I don’t see how that’s flaming. Louisville fans do it on our home board (24/7) all the time.

Besides how many top 3 classes did nova and uva have in the last 6-7 years bc they’ve won 3/4 of the last tourneys.

Last edited:
Reactions: TDredbird
I'd say we sign a 7,8 or even an 9 man class. First, we have 13 players this year including three would be walkon's, So there's 3 available for next year already, then our 4 returning players will probably leave (Hagans,Quickley, Montgomery, Richards), (7 open), Grad Transfer Nate Sestina will be gone, (8), and then the possibility of Maxey, Whitney, and Keion Brooks. So we could be looking to fill as many as 11 slots.

So Does that mean y’all will most likely be running an 8 man rotation most nights? Why leave 3 scholarships open? Can’t argue with his success but that seems like an odd move to not want to have a little more depth on the roster.

Last edited:
Calipari really doesn't like playing more than a 6-8 guy rotation. He never has other than the "platoon" year, and I doubt we'll ever see that again.

Yea Imo that platoon rotation backfired on cal, and i also don’t think he will do that again.

I don’t get the holding onto scholarships bit, we all know players transfer for a variety of reasons including playing time, so it’s not like scholarships are tied up for four years, especially at the rate players leave early to go pro, Why not have an extra capable body on bench in case of injury or possible ejection or foul trouble etc. Even if he never plays a second, just a break glass in case of emergency type of guy. but like I said earlier I can’t argue with the success. Is baker not still on the team? I think his name was baker, light skinned sg with a nice stroke. Made some big shots against wooford if I’m remembering correctly.

Last edited:
GG

"I told him that I always looked up to [him] and he told me I was a great player," Clarke said of Rondo, who helped lead the Celtics to an NBA championship in 2008 and played two seasons at Kentucky from 2004-06. "Hearing that from him was crazy."

Memphis did it in 2008, but those were later vacated. So Cal has done it 2 times (or 3 depending on whether you want to recognize them).
The NCAA does not even pretend to be honest. They are sleaze. Schools that do not even require class attendance get to keep titles/records.

It had to be the worst 38-1 team ever.Laughing

Helluva season, but it was the best roster ever, period, and should have been the only team to go 40-0 in history which would probably qualify as best team ever. I mean what was it 8 five stars WCS and Booker (who might end up being the best of the group although KAT is also beastin in the league. Goin into the tourney anything but a natty was gonna be an underachievement, fair expectations or not. I mean even at 38-1 with a final four, I don’t think many if any UK fans expected anything less than a championship. I also think if it wasn’t for the platoon tactic that UK would have won it all, bc there was no reason KAT and booker shouldn’t have been playing more mins than they did except for the fact that every time UK made a substitution it was 5 at a time, regardless of who was hot that game or who had an offensive mismatch, he stuck with the platoon.

Also wich state and st joes I believe have both entered the ncaaT undefeated in the last 15-20 years but it don’t mean a thing if you don’t get that ring.

But hindsight is always 20/20, everything might have played out the same way even if cal never platooned once.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Helluva season, but it was the best roster ever, period, and should have been the only team to go 40-0 in history which would probably qualify as best team ever. I mean what was it 8 five stars WCS and Booker (who might end up being the best of the group although KAT is also beastin in the league. Goin into the tourney anything but a natty was gonna be an underachievement, fair expectations or not. I mean even at 38-1 with a final four, I don’t think many if any UK fans expected anything less than a championship. I also think if it wasn’t for the platoon tactic that UK would have won it all, bc there was no reason KAT and booker shouldn’t have been playing more mins than they did except for the fact that every time UK made a substitution it was 5 at a time, regardless of who was hot that game or who had an offensive mismatch, he stuck with the platoon.

Also wich state and st joes I believe have both entered the ncaaT undefeated in the last 15-20 years but it don’t mean a thing if you don’t get that ring.

But hindsight is always 20/20, everything might have played out the same way even if cal never platooned once.
I do love outsiders perceptions. It does suck not winning the title but also like the records set that is very unlikely to be broken.

The NCAA does not even pretend to be honest. They are sleaze. Schools that do not even require class attendance get to keep titles/records.

Require class attendance? More like had classes that were fake and required no class attendance, well as long as it wasn’t ONLY the athletes that were in the classes. I wonder if we could have proved that some of the players friends that were enrolled in school that weren’t on the team were at the stripper/hooker parties if we would have skated on that same precedent. And that answer would be hell no, bc we aren’t among the “protected” ala duke and unc.

I do love outsiders perceptions. It does suck not winning the title but also like the records set that is very unlikely to be broken.

Historic season for sure, but like I said don’t much mean a thing without the ring. I mean surely u would trade 38-1 for 37-3 if that meant losing 3 games during the year but winning the Championship. Hell you would probly trade it for 30-10 if it ended in a natty.

But it went from what would have been the best team ever, to the best team ever not to win it all. Thanks again Wisconsin lol bc the college b-ball world would have NEVER heard the end of 40-0.

Last edited:
Historic season for sure, but like I said don’t much mean a thing without the ring. I mean surely u would trade 38-1 for 37-3 if that meant losing 3 games during the year but winning the Championship. Hell you would probly trade it for 30-10 if it ended in a natty.

But it went from what would have been the best team ever, to the best team ever not to win it all. Thanks again Wisconsin lol bc the college b-ball world would have NEVER heard the end of 40-0.
So UL never had a successful season w/o winning a title. Even if they set records?

38 wins is a record so it'll stay in the record books. UK also won 38 games and a title so that will also stay in the record books.

Davis and company set a record that will never be broken.38 wins. Sweep POY awards and win the title. I notice you like like to slyly shit on and doubt UK, but it's ok. We still have 38 wins and a title.

Insert "yeah, but you weren't perfect" Laughing

Last edited:

I guessing you don't watch other sports. Records are records despite the ring. Baseball, Football,....specific HOF players must have sucked since they never won a ring. What a lazy way of thinking of things.

I understand your double standard.

So UL never had a successful season w/o winning a title. Even if they set records?

38 wins is a record so it'll stay in the record books. UK also won 38 games and a title so that will also stay in the record books.

Davis and company set a record that will never be broken.38 wins. Sweep POY awards and win the title. I notice you like like to slyly shit on and doubt UK, but it's ok. We still have 38 wins and a title.

Insert "yeah, but you weren't perfect" Laughing
38 wins will be broken. Most likely it will be a program like Gonzaga running through a trash conference and running the table in the tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT