ADVERTISEMENT

UNC vs Iowa

So going into this season, Kansas State actually had a one game lead in the all-time record (1,672-1,671).

Unfortunately for them, their 2020-2021 team is off to a 1-2 start, while Iowa is the #3 team in the country.

So there's one important category Iowa leads in........ SmokinSmile

The head to head series is tied at 4 games, with Iowa having won the last two sparse meetings, so I guess you got that going for you if you're a K-State fan.........

Hm. Interesting, my friend. But what are the win percentages?

I’m guessing K-State wouldn’t trade a big advantage in league titles, tourney appearances/wins, and elite 8s/final fours for another regular season win or two.SmokinSmile

In seriousness, they’re pretty close historically. I think K-State’s heyday was better than any period so far in Iowa’s history, but Iowa is obviously in better shape at the moment.

I’m just trying to figure out why that guy believes they’re not comparable. But I realize that Big 10 homerism is a helluva drug.

Hm. Interesting, my friend. But what are the win percentages?

I’m guessing K-State wouldn’t trade a big advantage in league titles, tourney appearances/wins, and elite 8s/final fours for another regular season win or two.SmokinSmile

In seriousness, they’re pretty close historically. I think K-State’s heyday was better than any period so far in Iowa’s history, but Iowa is obviously in better shape at the moment.

I’m just trying to figure out why that guy believes they’re not comparable. But I realize that Big 10 homerism is a helluva drug.
Currently:

Kansas State (1,673-1,178)
Iowa (1,675-1,170)

Btw if you're wondering why Kansas State has more NCAA appearances, well that's because Big Ten > Big 8/12 SmokinSmile

On the plus side for Iowa, we do have a non-claimed National Championship given to us by a retroactive poll for the 1944-45 season when we won the Big Ten but weren't allowed to go to the NCAA tournament.....

They lead in all time wins. I stopped checking after that 1st stat.

Iowa’s not even top 50 in win %.

But hey, they just pulled ahead of Kansas St in all-time wins. They have that going for them.

42% from 3 would be a top 20 team from deep. You will win most nights shooting that well.
This again? Yes. Averaging that over a season would be great. One night, anyone can do that. And my point is that’s not THAT hot. My goodness.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
I think so, it did for that shitty program.

Aside from the obviously terrible logic here, there’s another problem. According to Google, the last time Grinnell played K-State was in 1928. 11 years before the first NCAA tourney.

If K-State is a shitty program, Iowa is a shitty program. Sorry.

Last edited:
Lol someone is salty about the facts.

Also, no one cares about win percentage. They're now 40th all time in wins (numbers that actually matter), having also passed Tennessee.

No one cares about win%?

That’s awesome. My team’s 11 wins from #1 all-time.

Taking shots at Iowa is like a prime roids-fueled Stallone fighting Gary Coleman. Just feels wrong....
Btw, Kansas fans trying to take shots at Iowa =

2b4619e9f8d058d9eaffc0e7fd430f9a.gif

ADVERTISEMENT