ADVERTISEMENT

UK vs UCLA Gamethread

Cal won't leave UK until his son graduates. With him being a sophomore, I don't see Cal leaving after next season.

I'm not so sure on UK losing just three. And not just due to the NBA, but possible transfers as well. Look, The NBA drafts on potential 90% of the time. Knox is a given. So is Diallo. But guys like Vanderbilt, is a perfect example. To me he is 60/40, and that could change drastically if he doesn't play. As in if he doesn't play a minute, he's gone., Either way, IMO he'll go. He's a projected 1st rounder, and close to a lotto pick. If that stays the same, he will not see his soph. year at UK. So that is three who I think go. Another kid who could jump,or at least try the waters is Gabriel. he's not on any boards, but with the G-league starting to expand, and of of course the lure of playing over seas, I could see him going. 50/50 as of now.

As for a possible transfer...possible with Green. It's obvious UK is better when Shai is on the floor. ANd with the addition of 5* PG Immanuel Quickley in 2018-19, I don't see a kid like Green hanging around.

Of course this all just my opinion. UK certainly could only lose Knox and Diallo. Which I feel is a given. Though I do feel JV goes as well. But, again, just an opinion. So in a sense, you could be right. But don't be surprised if UK see's 4 to 6 guys leave.

I'm not even counting JV. He hasn't played a minute and I doubt very seriously if he does. Knox and Diallo are for sure. Maybe Richardson, but I hope he stays. Maybe Gabriel. PJ is undersized but has potential. I don't know its a crap shoot this year lol.... I think we get Zion after Knox commits.... I forgot about Jr :). He'll at least coach until then. But he may stay longer. If he does decide to retire, I would like to see UK keep him the payroll as a PR guy taking some of the heat off of the next coach for a year or 2. It's just not easy walking into the firestorm of UK fans lol...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT