ADVERTISEMENT

UK at Miss State. UK +4.5…..🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Definitely not. The fact that he’s just a freshman, blows my mind.
We all like to laugh at Uk this season. That dude is an alien. Does not belong in an a Uk jersey this season. In retrospect, ya he’s a wildcat, this season? Naw, he ain’t like the others

You rarely see Reed get excited, he always acts like he’s calmly playing hoops in his backyard.
If I ever did what he did tonight, they'd have to call the cops to come get me. I'd be up on the scorers table doing crotch chops to the crowd.
old-school-streaking.gif

I still can't believe what he pulled off last night. That was video game type stuff. I can't believe he's this poised and polished as a freshman.

Special talent. Crazy efficient shooter and consistently makes the correct read. Enjoy him while you got him.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
If he's a first round pick, even I would encourage him to go. The rookie contract is nothing, it's the 2nd contract that give you life changing money and the last thing Reed needs is to come back to play behind two more guys that Cal made promises to.
If Reed does return for a sophomore season, there is no way he is playing behind anybody that is coming in. Just no way.

With that being said, he will probably be a lottery pick this year. If that is me or my son in that position, I tell him to go 100/100 times.

This is UK, even dudes that aren't projected to get drafted are in a hurry to leave.
I don't recall anybody in the Cal era that came back to UK when they were projected in the 1st round. Reed is gone.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
He shouldn't be playing behind anybody this year.
Well he averages the third most minutes on the team (trailing only Mitchell and Reeves)...doesn't seem like he is playing behind any other freshmen.

If you are alluding to him starting, which I agree he should, that is fine. But just because he isn't starting doesn't mean he is playing behind other players.

Well he averages the third most minutes on the team (trailing only Mitchell and Reeves)...doesn't seem like he is playing behind any other freshmen.

If you are alluding to him starting, which I agree he should, that is fine. But just because he isn't starting doesn't mean he is playing behind other players.
Yeah, I get that, but again, we started in a huge hole, because he started the game with guys that should be coming off the bench.

Who the hell starts bench players over elite talents?

DJ is not the same player post injury and Edwards… .2 total points last night. Both should be coming off the bench. It makes a difference.

It’s very obvious to me that Cal made promises. Thank God he didn’t make promises to Bradshaw's camp.

Start the game with your best team and don't get into a hole. Do it at Tennessee and it's a guaranteed loss.

Yeah, I get that, but again, we started in a huge hole, because he started the game with guys that should be coming off the bench.

DJ is not the same player post injury and Edwards… .2 total points last night. Both should be coming off the bench. It makes a difference.

It’s very obvious to me that Cal made promises. Thank God he didn’t make promises to Bradshaw's camp.

Start the game with your best team and don't get into a hole. Do it at Tennessee and it's a guaranteed loss.

My wife and I were saying last night how he reminds us of a prototypical Duke player. Solid fundamentals, great shooter, etc. Nice to have one of them on our team for a change. jumpingsmile

There might be a better NBA comparison then this, but the one comp I can't escape is Jeff Hornacek. Excited to watch his development in the next league. Special, special player.

I don't watch very many NBA games, but I think Sheppard's game appears to be similar to Klay Thompson's.

I know, I know, Klay isn’t a white dude and everyone wants to throw out other white players when the subject is white, but it is possible for a white guy to have a similar game to someone that is not white.

Jay Will freaking compared him to Rex Chapman, which is about as bad a comparison as you could make.

Helps that Reeves is not guard-able at the top of the key without refs letting ya go with a Houston handcheck or allow you to body him back out to the sideline. So if a team is focused on slowing Reeves with traps you get a Sheppard night.

Those two guys seem to not be able to miss from floater or mid range especially when the game is on the line. Reeves especially going downhill is a nightmare. Before you could set up for a charge, but not anymore. Incredibly tough to stop without the zebras allowing handsy play (which they did for a bit last night).

Helps that Reeves is not guard-able at the top of the key without refs letting ya go with a Houston handcheck or allow you to body him back out to the sideline. So if a team is focused on slowing Reeves with traps you get a Sheppard night.

Those two guys seem to not be able to miss from floater or mid range especially when the game is on the line. Reeves especially going downhill is a nightmare. Before you could set up for a charge, but not anymore. Incredibly tough to stop without the zebras allowing handsy play (which they did for a bit last night).
Last year he was mostly just a 3 point shooter. Now he has the deadliest floater in the game anywhere around the paint and on the baseline. Solid driver too. It has become a well-earned skill. Dude puts up a ridiculous amount of shots before, during, and after practice. He’s a substantially better defender now too. Actually kind of surprised he’s not higher on draft boards.

Last year he was mostly just a 3 point shooter. Now he has the deadliest floater in the game anywhere in the paint and on the baseline. Solid driver too.
Yeah man it's not the usual for a UK senior to be the guy flashing the most talent. Hell of a player.

Yep, I am in agreement that Shep should be starting.

I still like Dilly coming off the bench.. love the instant offense he brings. Plus he is prone to picking up stupid fouls, or playing like "bad Rob" for an entire half (see LSU first half), then will play like Iverson the next half. Crazy stuff...

Yep, I am in agreement that Shep should be starting.

I still like Dilly coming off the bench.. love the instant offense he brings. Plus he is prone to picking up stupid fouls, or playing like "bad Rob" for an entire half (see LSU first half), then will play like Iverson the next half. Crazy stuff...
100%, Dilly has to come off the bench, but Edwards and DJ should be as well.
It’s odd how he has no.isdue benching Bradshaw, but he refuses to bench the other 2.
Edwards had 2 points last night and played scared. He had a run out and went to the rim about as soft as you can go to the rim. He put the ball right out in front and just allowed the defender to slap.it away as he softly rolled into the guy.
Cal would rather lose games then let go if the promises he made. In my opinion, he made good on his promises and he gave those guys plenty of time, but it’s just time to.play the best guys.

ADVERTISEMENT