ADVERTISEMENT

UK/KU

I'm saying HD is a huge dickhead and AB didn’t want to be around him.

Hilarious that you actually believe this. I suppose that's why Udeh and Ejiofor transferred too. Had nothing to do with playing time. 🤣

Holy shit.

Uh, yeah, he’s actually on NBA draft boards, 2nd round, but he's headed for the NBA, Hunter will be frying fries at a truck stop hardees within 5 years.

So UK must be the best team in the country, right? 4 projected first rounders?

Are you actually this big of a homer or just a troll? I'm guessing trolling, unless you suddenly changed your stance on freshmen being drafted on potential. 😆

Wait, you think Hunter is going to average 20 & 10 at KU?

When he was recruiting Dickinson, Bill specifically mentioned that he wanted somebody who can give him 20/10. Analysts have predicted him to average in that range and Torvik projects him close to that.

But, of course, the only thing that matters is the kyjeff projection. 🤣

Actually, I think the problem is that I pay too much attention (to shitty takes).

I wouldn't say ALL your takes are shitty and you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. But the best way to heal, is to recognize you are a shitty poster first, so you're well on your way.
2332c1cbdd206b26de00c196eaff7e78.gif

I wouldn't say ALL your takes are shitty and you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. But the best way to heal, is to recognize you are a shitty poster first, so you're well on your way.

Thanks for the scoop on the real reason that HD didn’t commit to Kentucky. Haven’t seen reporting this strong since my last visit to RR. 😆

Thanks for the scoop on the real reason that HD didn’t commit to Kentucky. Haven’t seen reporting this strong since my last visit to RR. 😆
He would have been a decent back up until our bigs came back.

I don't think his D would have kept him in the starting lineup.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
He would have been a decent back up until our bigs came back.

I don't think his D would have kept him in the starting lineup.

I have to admit, it’s quite the luxury to have 4 bigs better than Dickinson. If you can find a way to add a couple generational talents at semester, I won’t be shocked if Cal sneaks into the tourney.

I think the Cats struggle Tuesday without Bradshaw. Luckily Kentucky has some serious offensive fire power. DJ, Rob, Edwards, Reeves, and Mitchell are all high level scorers. Hopefully they are ready to go.

Yesh, that’s what I said.
Sorry…what you officially said was that Bradshaw refused to play with HD because he’s a team cancer.

Oh, and your scrawny Euro freshman who hasn’t played one game is better than senior HD.

My fault. 😆

I like our chances. This team can score. Damn theyve been fun to watch so far. Glad we get a litmus test with Kansas this early to see truly where we are at.
I've liked this team from the get...that is, IF they get the bigs on the floor. With them, this the type of team Cal does serious damage with. W/O them, Im not sure this is a second weekend team.

Uh, yeah, he’s actually on NBA draft boards, 2nd round, but he's headed for the NBA, Hunter will be frying fries at a truck stop hardees within 5 years.
My guess is, he'll be making Six-figures a year, somwhere overseas. Which is equal to a projected 2nd rounder in the NBA.

Money is money.

I've liked this team from the get...that is, IF they get the bigs on the floor. With them, this the type of team Cal does serious damage with. W/O them, Im not sure this is a second weekend team.
I've only been able to listen to them at work haven't gotten to watch on TV so my impressions of the time are wildly skewed. Hard to judge without actually seeing the plays unfold.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I've only been able to listen to them at work haven't gotten to watch on TV so my impressions of the time are wildly skewed. Hard to judge without actually seeing the plays unfold.
Lot of speed....Athletic and long. Can score in bunches. Lots of playmakers. Defensively they can cause chaos with their length, athleticism. Good shooters, with IMO one elite shooter in Reeves(or could be).

BUT.......

absolutely no post presence, rim protector. Getting Z, Oneyso or Bradshaw back would be, and will be HUGE.

Very possible. Career average of 18/9 at Michigan. Through 2 games for KU, hes 19/8.

He is a very good college player.

And he averaged barely over 20 min in those games. That's going to go way up. Granted, competition's going to get stronger.

And he averaged barely over 20 min in those games. That's going to go way up. Granted, competition's going to get stronger.
I see what ya did here... 😅

Competition will be different, for sure. Different game in the B12.

Agreed. I think this is the best Kentucky team since the PJ Washington and Tyler Herro team. Cal finally has some star power and deep at the guard position. If Bradshaw is as advertised and Big Z is at least serviceable they will be the real deal.

I see what ya did here... 😅

Competition will be different, for sure. Different game in the B12.

I'm just saying they haven't played anybody yet. I think he'll have a good shot to average somewhere in the ballpark of 20/10 though.

But I will say that I don't think he's the best player on the team. McCullar is vastly improved and looks like he's going to have a huge year.

Agreed. I think this is the best Kentucky team since the PJ Washington and Tyler Herro team. Cal finally has some star power and deep at the guard position. If Bradshaw is as advertised and Big Z is at least serviceable they will be the real deal.
Agree....This is a legit FF/title team, IF Bradshaw is the real deal, or plays. You get Z and Oneyso as servicable back ups---whoa boy

Reactions: Jdhays21
Very possible. Career average of 18/9 at Michigan. Through 2 games for KU, hes 19/8.

He is a very good college player.
If hunter averages 20/10, then KU is either going to really suck, or they're going to blow everyone out by 30.

McCullar is the most likely leading dcorer. Too.many weapons though for one CENTER to get 20/10.

My prediction is 15/8

So I was down just about as much as I could be on a KU team after their 2 exhibition games vs Illinois and Fort Hayes State. They didn’t look like they were capable of running any offense outside of a Juan/Dickinson or KJ pick-n-roll. Outside of McCullar they were air balling or barely hitting rim on wide-open 3s in the exhibition games. Then the games became for real and suddenly they were running sets perfectly and sharing the ball at a high level. Actually able to make 3s. Suddenly this team looked legit.

Now for KU/UK. I just don’t think UK is going to be able to generate enough easy looks. If they are able to it’s going to be by putting Dickinson in the PnR over and over again and having success off of it. That would mean to me that Tre Mitchell has a big game using his quickness advantage and probably hitting a couple of 3s. I’ve just never seen Mitchell be consistent enough to take advantage like that. I think UK will probably need to hit a decent more amount of 3s than KU similar to the way Illinois was able to in the exhibition game. I’ll be interested to see the matchups and whether Juan covers Wagner or Dillingham. I would imagine McCullar will cover Reeves while KJ is on Edwards. KU never runs away with these games though so I expect it to the be battle until the final minutes.

KU is suppose to be all that and I don't see any experts disagreeing. UK has lots of new pieces and has played the weakest of the weak at home. I think UK will be shocked by the upgrade in talent on the road.

UK fans should look for signs that their team can be good as the season progresses more than expecting a win.

That said, KU by double digits.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
KU is suppose to be all that and I don't see any experts disagreeing. UK has lots of new pieces and has played the weakest of the weak at home. I think UK will be shocked by the upgrade in talent on the road.

UK fans should look for signs that their team can be good as the season progresses more than expecting a win.

That said, KU by double digits.
Not quite true :) 1 team we played is expected to win their Division. In the overall scheme of things this game doesn't carry any weight.

Items of note: Kansas has pretty much a new roster. More experienced yes. We are playing without any of our 3 bigs. I think we're more talented, but inexperienced with the exception Of Reeves, Mitchell and Thiero. We don't turn the ball over, which is exeptional for the pace of play and inexperience. We have a very balanced attack.
Kansas hasn't played a team this talented and as fast as we play.

I don't expect us to win, but we could with a good 3 point shooting night. I think we cover the spread, but lose.

I expect when they suit up against UT, all 3 7 footers will be available :)

I wouldn't be surprised to see UK win this game actually. KU has their own issues they're working out and we've seen guys like Murray, Fox and Maxey go off in this event.

UK has Edwards, Dillingham, Wagner and Sheppard, all 4 have the ability to take over games and that’s not even talking about Reeves, who did just that at Arkansas last year.

Yeah, UK is razor thin up front, but in an up and down game, that can be a non factor, just like it was for Farleigh Dickinson against Purdue.

This is where Cal needs to show he isn’t in the HOF just for humanitarian reasons. He can’t wait until the plane ride home to figure out what he should have done, he has the talent here and he has had time to prepare. He doesn't have bigs, but he has legit NBA talent and a stacked backcourt.

Not quite true :) 1 team we played is expected to win their Division. In the overall scheme of things this game doesn't carry any weight.

Items of note: Kansas has pretty much a new roster. More experienced yes. We are playing without any of our 3 bigs. I think we're more talented, but inexperienced with the exception Of Reeves, Mitchell and Thiero. We don't turn the ball over, which is exeptional for the pace of play and inexperience. We have a very balanced attack.
Kansas hasn't played a team this talented and as fast as we play.

I don't expect us to win, but we could with a good 3 point shooting night. I think we cover the spread, but lose.

I expect when they suit up against UT, all 3 7 footers will be available :)
I was trying to be honest in my assessment with no ill intent. We will see soon enough.

It doesn't matter who suits up for you against us cause we are beating the hell out of you. :p

I was trying to be honest in my assessment with no ill intent. We will see soon enough.

It doesn't matter who suits up for you against us cause we are beating the hell out of you. :p
I'm still stunned that UK swept UT last year. We had no business winning either one, especially the one in Knoxville. Seems like you guys were as hot and cold as we were.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
ADVERTISEMENT