ADVERTISEMENT

UK fans can go back to basketball hype and

A Kentucky fan spent all week pimping Kentucky (and their defense) and trashing Michigan (and their defense). I regret nothing about giving it back.

Who, crazy? You'll have a hard time finding UK fans who like him. Doesn't mean it makes sense to trash talk the rest of us on a basketball board over a football game. Especially with such a stupid thread.

Sad day, UK is my second favorite football team(after Duke football of course) so I was rooting hard for them. Considering Bengals are my NFL team, let's just say I dont see a lot of winning in football.

Also last UK football game I went to was 09(believe that was the year) when they beat Georgia. Wasn't able to talk for about 5 days after that

Reactions: KYtotheCore
I think UK fans would rather talk about how they are pre season top 5 in basketball, but will probably finish outside the top 10 like recent history suggests...

I think UK fans would rather talk about how they are pre season top 5 in basketball, but will probably finish outside the top 10 like recent history suggests...
source.gif

Some UK fan set me up with good material and I did tag him on the football board. This was meant to also included Alabama football fans like @Bert Higginbotha
I am glad you thought of me.

Yeap, I am an Alabama fan.

But I am really proud of my football Wildcats this year. Mark Stoops has done wonders. Hell if we played in a pussy conference like the B1G we would be undefeated.Eyeroll

Last edited:
In the past 30 years Michigan has 4 national titles in the big four sports, Kentucky has 3. Congrats on being a GOAT basketball program but 9 months out of the year Kentucky sports are irrelevant.

That’s why guys like Bert cheer for Alabama.

there is only a big two sports, football and basketball, all others are nothing but a financial drain on the universities

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
It is insane one or two UK fans triggered Hail this bad. I can’t imagine how sad he will be when Michigan football comes up short once again.

Most ironic part of this, Kentucky has had a great season playing B1G football in the SEC.

You can have all the fundamentals in the world, but when the talent discrepancy is 55 4*/5* players to 15, you’re not going to win if that team plays their A game.

I f**king love this season, and one of the most entertaining parts has been watching how mad an underdog’s joy has made the perennial bridesmaids of college football.

This thread aside, Kentucky being good this year has damn near put an online contingent of Florida and Tennessee fans in the nut house.

Most ironic part of this, Kentucky has had a great season playing B1G football in the SEC.

You can have all the fundamentals in the world, but when the talent discrepancy is 55 4*/5* players to 15, you’re not going to win if that team plays their A game.

I f**king love this season, and one of the most entertaining parts has been watching how mad an underdog’s joy has made the perennial bridesmaids of college football.

This thread aside, Kentucky being good this year has damn near put an online contingent of Florida and Tennessee fans in the nut house.

You aren’t allowed to enjoy seasons unless they end in a championship in any sport according to some UK fans, though. Michigan basketball fans better not have enjoyed last season.

You aren’t allowed to enjoy seasons unless they end in a championship in any sport according to some UK fans, though. Michigan basketball fans better not have enjoyed last season.

After watching multiple 2-10 seasons followed by multiple 5-7 seasons, begging the football gods for an upset in order to make a bowl game, I literally couldn’t be more proud of the season UK put together this year.

Vegas had the O/U wins for UK set at 5.5 this year. Now, we’ve got a great shot to win out, get 10 wins, and play in a New Years bowl. That was unfathomable less than a year ago.

After watching multiple 2-10 seasons followed by multiple 5-7 seasons, begging the football gods for an upset in order to make a bowl game, I literally couldn’t be more proud of the season UK put together this year.

Vegas had the O/U wins for UK set at 5.5 this year. Now, we’ve got a great shot to win out, get 10 wins, and play in a New Years bowl. That was unfathomable less than a year ago.

That’s how I feel about what Beilein has done with Michigan basketball. But if I were to bring up how Michigan went from unranked preseason to a national title game appearance last year I’d get a “lol no title?”.

I’m glad you aknowledge a season can be enjoyable and (even maybe even successful) without winning the national championship.

Reactions: Hank_

I’ve pointed out on the football board that UK fans’ nuts are made of scar tissue and diamonds we’ve been nutpunched so many times. This has been one pleasant season for sure!

Last edited:
That’s how I feel about what Beilein has done with Michigan basketball. But if I were to bring up how Michigan went from unranked preseason to a national title game appearance last year I’d get a “lol no title?”.

I’m glad you aknowledge a season can be enjoyable and (even maybe even successful) without winning the national championship.

And you should, UM made a hell of a run last year. Don’t listen to those kinds of fans, most of them are frontrunners, anyway.

It for sure can be enjoyable/successful without winning the ship, most years. It’s all about expectations. Look at UK basketball in the span of 2013 - 2015. One team was downright awful during the regular season, went to the championship game, and was considered a success. The next was literally perfect, lost in the final four, and will always be considered a failure.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
I’ve pointed out on then football board that UK fans’ nuts are made of scar tissue and diamonds we’ve been nutpunched so many times. This has been one pleasant season for sure!

That’s the truth.

I wanted to die after that 2017 Florida game. Glad I didn’t.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
Hail, why have you, all of a sudden, got your panties in a wad over Kentucky?

Michigan has not done a lot in the last 60 years in football on a national level. They get a lot of attention but they sure as hell don't win championships. Kentucky usually sucks in football but this year, I don't give a damn what you say, UK is good in football.

You claim that I am an Alabama fan, yet I have never been to an Alabama game except when they played UK (which is rare). Additionally, I bet that I have been to far more Kentucky football games than you have been to Michigan games. So your little remarks have little merit.

On the Michigan being a football power: When was the last time Michigan won a football title? Since the advent of the BCS or playoff the B1G has not done much and that "not done much" has all been Ohio State. Michigan has never won a championship since you had to play a contender. Yet the conference that little UK plays in has won 11. How would Michigan do if they had to play more than two big games a year against real top 25 talent?

I enjoy every season even following lowly Kentucky. You should enjoy Michigan playing in a weak conference a lot more than me enjoying UK in the SEC.

Last edited:
Reactions: kyjeff1
How many BCS bowls has Kentucky been to this decade or the past two for that matter?

Yes I know, 77-16. Serk a cork.

How many BCS bowls has Kentucky been to this decade or the past two for that matter?

Yes I know, 77-16. Serk a cork.

see that is the difference in UK and ul fans
we have never claimed to be a football school like so many ul fans were claiming
in twenty years i guess you can still hang your hat on getting an auto bid to a BCS bowl from a crap conference
that may very well be the last ul football highlight you have in your lifetime

when you meet one of those fans please introduce them to all of us

Are you kidding me? Half the UK fans here only talk about titles when talking about how successful a program has been. Read lurker's posts on page one when I bring up Michigan being top 5 in three sports this year. "No titles!"

Reactions: UL_1986
see that is the difference in UK and ul fans
we have never claimed to be a football school like so many ul fans were claiming
in twenty years i guess you can still hang your hat on getting an auto bid to a BCS bowl from a crap conference
that may very well be the last ul football highlight you have in your lifetime
Lol, nah. We got a sugar bowl and orange bowl victories under our belt, you guys don’t have shit. Maybe a motor city bowl lol. Yikes.

Look at Michigan ..... LoL. Decent team finally and they have no shot due to Bama. At least U.K. fans know their place in football. Must suck thinking your a big dog but in reality just bama’s beotch

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Are you kidding me? Half the UK fans here only talk about titles when talking about how successful a program has been. Read lurker's posts on page one when I bring up Michigan being top 5 in three sports this year. "No titles!"

titles are important especially when comparing programs
but if titles are all that matters to fans, then most fans will be disappointed most if not all of their lives

Look at Michigan ..... LoL. Decent team finally and they have no shot due to Bama. At least U.K. fans know their place in football. Must suck thinking your a big dog but in reality just bama’s beotch

@meblue22

Another UK poster implying anything but a title must suck.

You seriously haven’t seen this from UK posters before?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT