ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Lunardi

rockycard

Jan 8, 2007
He’s got 9 SEC teams in the dance? He’s got 15-10 A&M in and they have lost to every decent non conference team they played, they have also lost to bad teams such as LSU, Vanderbilt, and Arkansas. I get the ESPN hype for everything SEC but damn! Alabama is kicking everyone around in the SEC, they were 8-5 OOC. The SEC is like a liberal and ESPN is CNN.

He’s got 9 SEC teams in the dance? He’s got 15-10 A&M in and they have lost to every decent non conference team they played, they have also lost to bad teams such as LSU, Vanderbilt, and Arkansas. I get the ESPN hype for everything SEC but damn! Alabama is kicking everyone around in the SEC, they were 8-5 OOC. The SEC is like a liberal and ESPN is CNN.
Whewww, I thought you were going to be pissed that Louisville wasn’t showing in his projections.

Yeah, aTm probably won't end up getting in, so I wouldn't worry about that.

But the question is, who do you put in over them? Everyone, except maybe Uconn and Houston, are losing lots of games.
Parity is a bitch this year.

Whewww, I thought you were going to be pissed that Louisville wasn’t showing in his projections.

Yeah, aTm probably won't end up getting in, so I wouldn't worry about that.

But the question is, who do you put in over them? Everyone, except maybe Uconn and Houston, are losing lots of games.
Parity is a bitch this year.
If we were in the SEC he’d have us first four out.

bama ain't kicking the Vols around. Just sayin...

Listen I think A&M is faaaar from deserving a tourney spot, but to be fair they did beat the Iowa St team everyone loves this year at a neutral site.

He has A&M as the last team in right now and Ole Miss in first four out. A&M NET ranking is currently 49, which is higher than 2 of the other 3 he has in the last 4 in (Providence 56 and Seton Hall 65). A&M also has a winning Q1 record, but 4 Q3 losses.

He has A&M as the last team in right now and Ole Miss in first four out. A&M NET ranking is currently 49, which is higher than 2 of the other 3 he has in the last 4 in (Providence 56 and Seton Hall 65). A&M also has a winning Q1 record, but 4 Q3 losses.
Well how about WF being 27th and Florida 30th in the NET, WF beat them easily and Florida is a 7 seed and WF isn’t in the field? Lol

Well how about WF being 27th and Florida 30th in the NET, WF beat them easily and Florida is a 7 seed and WF isn’t in the field? Lol
Ask him on Twitter why A&M is last team in and WF is first team out. There will be plenty of changes in the next 3 weeks. Doesn't matter what he thinks anyway. He's not on the selection committee.

Ask him on Twitter why A&M is last team in and WF is first team out. There will be plenty of changes in the next 3 weeks. Doesn't matter what he thinks anyway. He's not on the selection committee.
He’s a mouthpiece for ESPN, ESPN is all in on the SEC. It really didn’t seem like it mattered until during championship Saturday, every announcer doing games on ESPN were basically protesting against FSU. That was a pitiful thing that they did, but the committee bought it. They know the selection committee watches and listens to Lunardi, that’s why it does matter.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Until yesterday WF was ofer in Quad 1 going 0-4 and only 5-5 in Quad 2. UF is 4-7 in Quad 1 and 2-1 in Quad 2. Does that help any?

Reactions: kyjeff1
Cocks fighting for a 6 seed despite their 8-3 quad 1/2 record bc they didn’t blow out their shitty non con opponents seems kinda dum.
The metrics have a couple loopholes.
1) look at Michigan State, they haven't beaten anyone with a pulse, but have lost 10 games, lost at home to Iowa, yet, they're comfortably in the tournament. Well, they tricked the system, just schedule a shit ton of hard teams, you don't even have to beat a single one of them.

2) margin of victory. Some coaches don't like to run the score up, they would rather develop other players, so they get punished for that.

3) some teams have to play in front of absolute circus atmospheres where the stands are packed to the gills, but most other teams get half empty arenas. Yet the metrics math it out like all things are created equal.

I'm not sure how you fix these things.

A&M isn't getting in. This is much ado about nothing.

well-see-about-that-jack-donaghy.gif

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
A lot of KU fans think this team is hard to figure out, but it’s actually pretty simple. If you’re highly rated, KU will beat you. If you’re average or, better yet, mediocre….you’re good.

• Haha
Reactions: della
Didn’t Wake beat Florida?
Didn't UF beat two teams that beat Wake? If Wake wants in the tourney they need to schedule and then beat a good number of high quality teams. That is not an SEC or ACC thing. It is a tourney thing.

Reactions: kyjeff1
No they don’t! Look at their schedule and name the 6 quad 1 wins? Iowa state is the only quality win OOC , they lost to all of the quality teams they played.
They currently have 5 Q1 wins. The big issue is they have 4 Q3 losses. That puts them on the outside if the tournament starts today.

A&M isn't getting in. This is much ado about nothing.

I saw about two dozen “FSU isn’t being left out, this is much ado about nothing” posts in the weeks leading up to the college football invitational announcement.

I saw about two dozen “FSU isn’t being left out, this is much ado about nothing” posts in the weeks leading up to the college football invitational announcement.
Yeah I felt bad for you guys. Buddy I work with is an FSU guy, so I was pulling for yall.

Reactions: GE Nole
No they don’t! Look at their schedule and name the 6 quad 1 wins? Iowa state is the only quality win OOC , they lost to all of the quality teams they played.
They beat UT and UK, so that's at least 2 more.

They are now 5-6 in quad 1 and 3-1 in Quad 2. (teams shift)
I'm not making this stuff up, look for yourself.

This thread epitomizes the BLOCKHEAD intellect. When U6 is driving toward another single-digit win season, bitch and whine about other teams, who's in, who's out, etc.

🤡🤡🤡

9 seems alittle low.

lmao beat them easily. They were losing for most of the game then the refs straight took over. Worst one sided game I've seen all year. Wake away from home is average.

That being said I think a lot of mid tier ACC teams are getting hosed by the computers.

Reactions: boaty4
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Listen.

I bet huge money on all these games every year.
I’m retereded….but I have a great memory….

This bracket is exactly why there are massive upsets every year.

And to his defense….no one can make a better bracket……but it’s fun seeing all the geniuses be so wrong every year

Joe has 20-14 A&M safely in and 23-10 Virginia out? Virginia even beat them head to head by 12. Something is definitely wrong if that is how it ends up.

ADVERTISEMENT