ADVERTISEMENT

Uh.....North Carolina

Pitts pretty bad so I would think UNc will get a win tonight since the game is at the dean dome.

There’s probably 2 nba players on this team & one is out right now.
Trust me, coaches have went to the NIT with waaaaay more talent than the current UNC team.

It's true. Coaches have gone to the NIT with way more talent. Take the 2010 UNC team, for example. They had 10 top-50 players on the team (11 in the top 100). 6 of the guys played in the NBA.

unc-2010.png

Last edited:
It's true. Coaches have gone to the NIT with way more talent. Take the 2010 UNC team, for example. They had 10 top-50 players on the team (11 in the top 100). 6 of the guys played in the NBA.

unc-2010.png
I’m glad these down years come right after or a few years after a national championship.

I’m glad these down years come right after or a few years after a national championship.
I mean, has there been a better coach since he went to Carolina? One, maybe? Two? I don't think so. These are some rough problems to have, first-world college basketball problems right here.

Justin Pierce's screen on his own teammate was easily my favorite play of the game last night. Take a look (wish the sizes of the snapshots were more uniform, but oh well).

pierce-screen-initial.png

pierce-screen.png

pierce-screen1.png

pierce-screen2.png

pierce-screen3.png

pierce-screen4.png

pierce-screen5.png

And the end result is...
pierce-screen6.png

I just read that was Pitt's first ACC road win in over 2 years. I didn't think they were THAT bad.

They were AWFUL when Capel took over.
How about them Panthers!? Even if UNC is struggling this season, it’s a huge win for our program.

Yup, we were awful. Stallings drove the program into the ground. Capel had to rebuild it from the ground up; His first season was the second straight where almost the entire roster was different from the year before. He’s done a great job at bringing talent in and laying the foundation. I honestly think we have the potential to be the 8th best ACC team this season, and maybe even make the NIT, but we’re just so inconsistent. Regardless, it’s fun watching Pitt Basketball again and for that, I am happy. :)

I honestly think we have the potential to be the 8th best ACC team this season,

8th best? You guys should aim higher than that. We're currently projected to only have 5 teams in the tournament - and NC State is one of the last teams in. Wouldn't be surprised to see NC State falter, too. That just seems to be their MO. Conference is wide open after that. As it is, Pitt already has the 8th highest KenPom rating in the conference. I think 6th place is actually a realistic possibility. A cluster of teams find themselves ranked between 58-95.

KenPom Rankings:
1. Duke
5. Louisville
13. Florida State
35. Virginia
44. NC State
58. Notre Dame
63. Virginia Tech
69. Pittsburgh
70. North Carolina
71. Syracuse
84. Georgia Tech
87. Miami
92. Clemson
95. Wake Forest
131. Boston College

8th best? You guys should aim higher than that. We're currently projected to only have 5 teams in the tournament - and NC State is one of the last teams in. Wouldn't be surprised to see NC State falter, too. That just seems to be their MO. Conference is wide open after that. As it is, Pitt already has the 8th highest KenPom rating in the conference. I think 6th place is actually a realistic possibility. A cluster of teams find themselves ranked between 58-95.

KenPom Rankings:
1. Duke
5. Louisville
13. Florida State
35. Virginia
44. NC State
58. Notre Dame
63. Virginia Tech
69. Pittsburgh
70. North Carolina
71. Syracuse
84. Georgia Tech
87. Miami
92. Clemson
95. Wake Forest
131. Boston College
Really? Interesting, I wasn’t aware of that. I’d love to be the 6th best, that’d at least give us a shot at make the tournament which would be incredible given all we’ve been through the last three seasons.

I think it all depends on if we can find some consistency. We already have a win against the third best team on the list, but also have a lost against the second worst. Hopefully going forward we can beat the teams we should beat and maybe pick up one or two more against teams we’re favored against.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I mean, has there been a better coach since he went to Carolina? One, maybe? Two? I don't think so. These are some rough problems to have, first-world college basketball problems right here.
Way more than 1 or 2. 2010 and this year should not happen at a Blue Blood.

Reactions: Quavarius
Justin Pierce's screen on his own teammate was easily my favorite play of the game last night. Take a look (wish the sizes of the snapshots were more uniform, but oh well).

pierce-screen-initial.png

pierce-screen.png

pierce-screen1.png

pierce-screen2.png

pierce-screen3.png

pierce-screen4.png

pierce-screen5.png

And the end result is...
pierce-screen6.png

Lol, I was commenting on another board in a game thread when that happened. I think my exact comment was, 'Pierce just screened Francis to give them a wide open three'. That is why Roy says the things he says. The players on this team either don't listen or aren't smart enough to understand or just don't care. It is painful to watch.

KenPom Rankings:
1. Duke
5. Louisville
13. Florida State
35. Virginia
44. NC State
58. Notre Dame
63. Virginia Tech
69. Pittsburgh
70. North Carolina
71. Syracuse
84. Georgia Tech
87. Miami
92. Clemson
95. Wake Forest
131. Boston College

How the hell is UNC 70? They should more like 150. I think people underestimate just how bad this team really is. If you compare their schedule and look at the teams they have played and how they compare to how other teams have played them this team is embarrassingly bad. I've come to terms with it.

Like, a worse response? I mean, people and many in the media are killing him for it, lol. Does that dude not pay attention or is he just one of those crappy reporter people who needs some attention?
He's one of the main college basketball writers at ESPN. He's slammed Calipari and UK quite few times.

It is, though I tend to not listen to UNC fans who feel everyone is against them either. I think blueblood fans in general are a little too sensitive.
The only way anyone can take away our success/status is on the court. The sooner some realize that, the happier they'll be.

Journalist, message boards posters, etc.., doesn't do anything.

So 1 title is better than 3? Lol. Gtfo, dipshit.
Yep. My opinion. You don’t like it, too ****ing bad.

2010 and this year prove how limited he is. If he doesn’t have a certain type of team, he loses.
He never adjusts. Same system and if he doesn’t have players, they suck.
The other coaches are better in my opinion. Dipshit.

He has actually adjusted quite a bit this year. You are really sort of out of your element speaking to people who are capable of coherent thought.

He has actually adjusted quite a bit this year. You are really sort of out of your element speaking to people who are capable of coherent thought.
He has. I don’t see it, sorry. You mean like starting a 3 at point who sucks at point. Great adjustment Deputy Dawg.
But then again, you are a cheater hill fan.
You have no common sense.

Just asking but what do you mean by “1 Title is better than 3”? I’m asking because I’m trying to understand what you’re saying.

I would assume because some of those guys have 1 title to Roy's 3. He was replying to Afamu though. I'm not sure siding with that cat is the right direction to take.

Reactions: 829305
I would assume because some of those guys have 1 title to Roy's 3. He was replying to Afamu though. I'm not sure siding with that cat is the right direction to take.
Yes. Blue bloods care about titles more than anything. Roy has 3 to Cal’s 1. No one can say w a straight face they’d rather have his tenure over Roy’s, unless you care about recruiting titles. Roy has more titles than anyone since he went to Chapel Hill. That matters more than anything to programs at the top of their game. 2010 and 2020 will barely be footnotes to his Hall of Fame career. On that note, I’m embarrassed I engaged such an awful poster.

I’m definitely not siding with Afamu because I personally think he’s an idiot lol. I was just curious when I saw you say “1 title is better than 3?”

Last edited:
Yes. Blue bloods care about titles more than anything. Roy has 3 to Cal’s 1. No one can say w a straight face they’d rather have his tenure over Roy’s, unless you care about recruiting titles. Roy has more titles than anyone since he went to Chapel Hill. That matters more than anything to programs at the top of their game. 2010 and 2020 will barely be footnotes to his Hall of Fame career. On that note, I’m embarrassed I engaged such an awful poster.
Not to get into a back and forth, but how many years has Roy been at UNC? How many does he have while Calipari's been at UK? How many years has Roy been coaching Blue Bloods? Winking

*All those questions are rhetorical. We all know the answers.

Lol, I was commenting on another board in a game thread when that happened. I think my exact comment was, 'Pierce just screened Francis to give them a wide open three'. That is why Roy says the things he says. The players on this team either don't listen or aren't smart enough to understand or just don't care. It is painful to watch.

It was kind of funny to watch. Had to rewind that several times. I can certainly appreciate it being frustrating on your end, though.

How the hell is UNC 70? They should more like 150. I think people underestimate just how bad this team really is. If you compare their schedule and look at the teams they have played and how they compare to how other teams have played them this team is embarrassingly bad. I've come to terms with it.

You all do have some decent wins, actually. Dubs over Oregon (#16), Alabama (#50), Notre Dame (#57), and Yale (#58). UNC is 2-4 without Cole Anthony. So maybe if he comes back and you guys can somehow get to .500 in the ACC, there might be a fighting chance at an at-large bid? Doesn't seem likely, but Anthony's injury is obviously a huge component of the team's struggles.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Not to get into a back and forth, but how many years has Roy been at UNC? How many does he have while Calipari's been at UK? How many years has Roy been coaching Blue Bloods? Winking

*All those questions are rhetorical. We all know the answers.
Since 2003, find me a better coach. That’s all I’m saying. Dude has 3 titles. That number holds a lot of weight. My point is that, so kick him while he’s down, cause he’ll be back. Soon.

It was kind of funny to watch. Had to rewind that several times. I can certainly appreciate it being frustrating on your end, though.

You all do have some decent wins, actually. Dubs over Oregon (#16), Alabama (#50), Notre Dame (#57), and Yale (#58). UNC is 2-4 without Cole Anthony. So maybe if he comes back and you guys can somehow get to .500 in the ACC, there might be a fighting chance at an at-large bid? Doesn't seem likely, but Anthony's injury is obviously a huge component of the team's struggles.

Even with Cole there were signs though. They kind of struggled with an Elon team who lost to Furman by 36, a Wilmington team who lost by 40 to Davidson, and a Gardner-Webb team that lost to Kennesaw State by 24. This offense has been putrid from the start unless Cole is just going off.

ADVERTISEMENT