ADVERTISEMENT

Uh.....North Carolina

Prolly a liter of caffeine free diet cola
giphy.gif

Reactions: HRTheCard
That’s true but could you imagine your school winning those titles by means of cheating??? Could you imagine that?
No, I couldn’t imagine & thankfully as a UNC fan I don’t have to.
Are you going to tell us what it’s like? After all, UK is one of the few programs to have MULTIPLE NCAA championships AND MULTIPLE NCAA probations.
Congratulations on that.

Reactions: j-doolsheels
He wasn't a desperation grab but he was never dominant. He was potentially dominant if he could learn to be aggressive. That was the knock then and it still is. His major flaw hasn't ever not been apparent. Even now he is just kind of out there, though I know playing with turf toe is very difficult.
He was the number 1 ranked sophmore in the state of North Carolina. He was our number 1 target for the 2018 class and our first commit. He also got an offer from Duke not long before he selected us...

As far as aggressiveness, I stress he was a pass first point guard. He was always a pass first point guard. Then he grew out of the position.

Are you going to tell us what it’s like? After all, UK is one of the few programs to have MULTIPLE NCAA championships AND MULTIPLE NCAA probations.
Congratulations on that.

Time Framing on Championships then they're not convenient lol.

Cheating and getting away with it is still cheating...

images

No ncaa title this year lol. Probably no NIT either lmao

Reactions: Scotty00
He was the number 1 ranked sophmore in the state of North Carolina. He was our number 1 target for the 2018 class and our first commit. He also got an offer from Duke not long before he selected us...

As far as aggressiveness, I stress he was a pass first point guard. He was always a pass first point guard. Then he grew out of the position.

And the knock was always that he was too passive. His length and versatility were a major attribute as he grew but it was all based on potential IF he could ever start doing more than just kind of fitting in. He has one more year I guess.

images

There’s more than one blue blood that has only won 1 championship in the last 20 years but thanks for pointing one of them out.RollLaugh

images

You guys been slapped a few times so you calling someone else a cheater is rich. Also just because you paid for your penalties doesn’t mean the slate is wiped clean. UNC didn’t get hit with anything but you may wanna think about this. The same NCAA that cleared your coach cleared us, chew on that for a minute. Winking

You guys been slapped a few times so you calling someone else a cheater is rich. Also just because you paid for your penalties doesn’t mean the slate is wiped clean. UNC didn’t get hit with anything but you may wanna think about this. The same NCAA that cleared your coach cleared us, chew on that for a minute. Winking
UK fans like to point out that they’ve been clean for years & years.
While that may be true, do you notice that their championships have slowed waaaaay down?
Their last NCAA probation was in 1989. They’ve won 3 titles since then.
3 titles in 30 years?????looks like they did a lot of winning while they were dirty.

Reactions: AWilli6995

I chewed and Cal wasn't the coach at UK when he was cleared. Chew on that one. Plus your little guy that wants to be important was time framing.
We cheated, got busted last century. You cheated, got away with. But it did hurt your program. Look at the state of UNC basketball presently.

Chew on that one.. be patient it's hard to digest.

I chewed and Cal wasn't the coach at UK when he was cleared. Chew on that one. Plus your little guy that wants to be important was time framing.
We cheated, got busted last century. You cheated, got away with. But it did hurt your program. Look at the state of UNC basketball presently.

2 straight title game appearances, 1 title. I’m sure UK fans wouldn’t mind a down yeah if they were guaranteed those results.

2 straight title game appearances, 1 title. I’m sure UK fans wouldn’t mind a down yeah if they were guaranteed those results.
Kansas is a blue blood & only has one title in the last 20 years but you don’t see them responding to my post.
Guess it really bothers some that their program hasn’t lived up to expectations.

Funny that you only include one of UKs probations.
There was one in the 50s close to the time UK won championships.
There was one in the late 70s close to when UK won championships.
How many asterisks should UK have by the years of their titles?
You also won a title with a coach that according to UK fans is as dirty as dirty can be in Pitino.

And the knock was always that he was too passive. His length and versatility were a major attribute as he grew but it was all based on potential IF he could ever start doing more than just kind of fitting in. He has one more year I guess.

Pass first point guard.

We didn't recruit him for a 6'8 player. We recruited him based on him being a dominant point guard.

I feel like you are trying to act like him being a pass first point guard was considered a drawback of his play. When it was exactly what we wanted. We thought we were getting the next Kendall Marshall.

Accident.

Nah he isn't. Might work out and get the players competing harder. Or he might fully lose his players. I don't think I wouldv'e went public with a statement like that. But Roy's a HOF'er and I'm a cushion coach so maybe it works out.
He needs to lose about 4 or 5 players permanently

Pass first point guard.

We didn't recruit him for a 6'8 player. We recruited him based on him being a dominant point guard.

I feel like you are trying to act like him being a pass first point guard was considered a drawback of his play. When it was exactly what we wanted. We thought we were getting the next Kendall Marshall.

That is because Roy thought he would eventually thrive and become an aggressive and competent player because the book on him was always he could be good if he did that. He just hasn't done that. Kendall wasn't a huge scorer but he was aggressive and confident. Leaky continues to be passive and scared.

Congratulations on that.

What it’s like? Well it sucks but I’m glad UK done the right thing and paid for their mistakes instead of paying millions of dollars to have it swept under the rug! It would suck even more knowing my school done wrong and got off because of money and having the rest of the world know what your school really stands for! All you and other Tar ho’s can do is deny it and look like jackasses!!!

UK fans like to point out that they’ve been clean for years & years.
While that may be true, do you notice that their championships have slowed waaaaay down?
Their last NCAA probation was in 1989. They’ve won 3 titles since then.
3 titles in 30 years?????looks like they did a lot of winning while they were dirty.

Yea our titles have slowed down and now that UNc has been exposed y’all’s will slow down! Your players will actually have to go to class now!!!

Rough statement from Roy. Even said something about bringing your A game, even when your A game isn’t an actual A game. Can’t imagine it’s the way to go with 18, 19, 20 year olds, even if it is true.

Reactions: Quavarius
Rough statement from Roy. Even said something about bringing your A game, even when your A game isn’t an actual A game. Can’t imagine it’s the way to go with 18, 19, 20 year olds, even if it is true.
Do you honestly think they could play any worse after his statement?

I somewhat agree but Roy tends to have a good feel for what his kids need as well. He generally pushes the right buttons so maybe he feels this is one that needs pushing. We'll see.

I think his overall point is that this team isn't good enough to be lazy or careless and not pay attention to detail, which is correct. He didn't really say it that way though. Roy tends to say emotional things at times though. I prefer that over other coaches that are calculated and sometimes full of **** though but at times that leads to him saying things he shouldn't.

Last edited:

Damn! Talk about throwing your players under the bus!!! Damn Roy!Laughing Is this that “Carolina family” we hear so much about???

Did Roy forget HE recruited these less than gifted players? Roy can’t adapt to his personnel? Maybe it’s the coaching ole Roy.

I bet Cole is ecstatic about his college choice at this point. Guess he has probably played his last game at UNC. How many games did he play in comparison to Kyrie at Duke?

I bet Cole is ecstatic about his college choice at this point. Guess he has probably played his last game at UNC. How many games did he play in comparison to Kyrie at Duke?

Kyrie played 11 games. When he first got injured, it was 8 games into the season - and he played 3 games in the NCAA Tournament. Cole Anthony is currently at 9 games. If he comes back, he's probably only going to play in the NIT (if that), so probably not worth the risk.

Reactions: RipThru
The Carolina Way is to
Play Hard
Play Smart
Play Together

right not this team isn’t doing any of the 3. Glad Roy had the balls to call them out.

The Carolina Way is to
Play Hard
Play Smart
Play Together

right not this team isn’t doing any of the 3. Glad Roy had the balls to call them out.

Roy recruited them. It's his job to coach em up. I thought when you had a system, "The Carolina Way", you were immune to these types of years?

The Family? Roy treating his players like step kids.

You can’t continue to kiss kids asses. Now could he had worded better, absolutely. He’s frustrated as hell and I personally don’t have a problem with it. I think all coaches do it in a different way.

You can’t continue to kiss kids asses. Now could he had worded better, absolutely. He’s frustrated as hell and I personally don’t have a problem with it. I think all coaches do it in a different way.

Most don't do it by going to the media and basically saying 'it's not my fault we suck, these kids are terrible'. Bush league move by someone who should be above that.

There is a silver lining for UNC fans. Roy often has talented freshmen play limited roles in their first year. Next year, he has absolutely no reason for not playing his freshmen substantial minutes. The upperclassmen might gripe a bit, but Roy can quip back, "Oh, you think you should be playing as much as the freshmen? Well, last time I checked, you sucked a whole lot of ass on the court. Just be happy your scholarship got renewed."

The Family? Roy treating his players like step kids.

Eh, I bet the players disagree with you. Roy cares about them, not random internet posters who don't really know anything.

There is a silver lining for UNC fans. Roy often has talented freshmen play limited roles in their first year. Next year, he has absolutely no reason for not playing his freshmen substantial minutes. The upperclassmen might gripe a bit, but Roy can quip back, "Oh, you think you should be playing as much as the freshmen? Well, last time I checked, you sucked a whole lot of ass on the court. Just be happy your scholarship got renewed."

Pretty much. Harris, Francis, and Brooks will all play next year and Roy is mostly happy with those three. Manley will if he is healthy. Really Platek and Leaky are the only returners who are kind of terrible and I agree they shouldn't expect much time.That is assuming Bacot leaves and I still think he will.

Roy can’t make any adjustments so he just blames the players limitations and not his own. Welp.

Eh, I bet the players disagree with you. Roy cares about them, not random internet posters who don't really know anything.

Pretty much. Harris, Francis, and Brooks will all play next year and Roy is mostly happy with those three. Manley will if he is healthy. Really Platek and Leaky are the only returners who are kind of terrible and I agree they shouldn't expect much time.That is assuming Bacot leaves and I still think he will.

Wait. Bacot leaving? Where is he going?

ADVERTISEMENT