ADVERTISEMENT

Uh.....North Carolina

Should Cole Anthony even return this season? Guy is a guaranteed top five pick right?

Holy crap. Losing by 20 to a 6-7 Georgia Tech team. This is not very blue blood of them.

Reactions: L I G E R
Tech giving it to them dry right now but UNc will come back and win by 8! Mark it down!

Tech giving it to them dry right now but UNc will come back and win by 8! Mark it down!
The only chance UNC has of winning this game is if they actually start making shots and/or GT’s starters all foul out. Brooks made 4 of UNC’s 7 first half shots.

I remember when Carolina would regularly beat us by 30 and 40 points in the late 90s, they wouldn’t even have to try

I remember when Carolina would regularly beat us by 30 and 40 points in the late 90s, they wouldn’t even have to try
Dang, they whooped you so bad that you couldn't even create a name that would tell the rest of us who you are a fan of.

Wonderful isn’t it. Let’s go back and review all the pre season predictions from the THR experts. Bwaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa. Ball don’t lie. Cheaters never win.

Wonderful isn’t it. Let’s go back and review all the pre season predictions from the THR experts. Bwaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaaaaa. Ball don’t lie. Cheaters never win.

Never? They have a more recent national championship than you do.

It's amazing how potato you are.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Never? They have a more recent national championship than you do.

It's amazing how potato you are.
It truly is. I mean, in all seriousness, he's got the profile of a god damn serial killer. Really does. I mean we all give others a "hard time" on here. But damn .....This dude is Ted Bundy like with this shit.

Only thing I'll say about GT is they've been missing two starters, Alvarado and Usher, for most of the season. Still not a great team, but probably NIT-ish with those two in the lineup (not withstanding the sanctions).

But yes, UNC looks horrible. And the world is a better place because of it. At least that's what my mom said.

Only thing I'll say about GT is they've been missing two starters, Alvarado and Usher, for most of the season. Still not a great team, but probably NIT-ish with those two in the lineup (not withstanding the sanctions).

But yes, UNC looks horrible. And the world is a better place because of it. At least that's what my mom said.

Agree that GT is better than their record. But there is no world in which a team with the talent UNC has should be down 27-4 at home to an “NIT-ish” opponent.

I watched FSU beat Tech in person by double digits just a week ago with MJ Walker out the entire game and Balsa getting hurt about 5 min in.

Reactions: dukedevilz
But there is no world in which a team with the talent UNC has should be down 27-4 at home to an “NIT-ish” opponent.

They shouldn't be getting smoked by Georgia Tech, I'll agree with that statement. Not sure I'm complete accord with the talent statement, however. UNC is essentially a bunch of role players, minus Garrison Brooks (and an injured Cole Anthony).

They shouldn't be getting smoked by Georgia Tech, I'll agree with that statement. Not sure I'm complete accord with the talent statement, however. UNC is essentially a bunch of role players, minus Garrison Brooks (and an injured Cole Anthony).

UNC has like six 4 and 5 star players healthy. At some point it’s on the coaches to develop talent. How many 4 and 5 stars does GT have? Shoot, FSU only has 4, and two are true freshmen.

Man, I get Cole Anthony being a huge loss. But it was 32-8 when I started this thread. That's brutal against a pretty poor team.

Roy turns 70 this year. I assume he's getting close to hanging it up?

Man, I get Cole Anthony being a huge loss. But it was 32-8 when I started this thread. That's brutal against a pretty poor team.

Roy turns 70 this year. I assume he's getting close to hanging it up?
I think they have like 3 other players injured too. I don't think they would be great if fully healthy but they would definitely be much better.

I think they have like 3 other players injured too. I don't think they would be great if fully healthy but they would definitely be much better.

All our teams would look better if fully healthy over the whole season. That’s not how sports works. There’s no excuse for that team looking as bad as they did last night.

All our teams would look better if fully healthy over the whole season. That’s not how sports works. There’s no excuse for that team looking as bad as they did last night.
If you are one of the players still available and looking for increased minutes, why would your effort suck in this game. Why aren’t you trying harder.

wonder if there are internal issues?

UNC has like six 4 and 5 star players healthy. At some point it’s on the coaches to develop talent. How many 4 and 5 stars does GT have? Shoot, FSU only has 4, and two are true freshmen.

I don’t think they’re as talented as you do.

UNC only has 3 Top 100 players healthy (according to 247):
- Brandon Robinson (60th in 2016). Never really saw time the first 3 years and missed the first several games this year due to injury.
- Leaky Black (71st in 2018). Injured a fair amount last year and has had some lingering issues this year.
- Armando Bacot (27th in 2019).

The two other top 100 players are injured, with one of them now out for the year.

I don’t think they’re as talented as you do.

UNC only has 3 Top 100 players healthy (according to 247):
- Brandon Robinson (60th in 2016). Never really saw time the first 3 years and missed the first several games this year due to injury.
- Leaky Black (71st in 2018). Injured a fair amount last year and has had some lingering issues this year.
- Armando Bacot (27th in 2019).

The two other top 100 players are injured, with one of them now out for the year.

Garrison Brooks was a composite 4 star player.

So I guess they “only” have 4 healthy 4 and 5 star players. That’s one more than FSU has. How many does GT have? How many does West Virginia have? How many does San Diego State have?

It shouldn’t take 7 blue chip recruits to be able to compete in a basketball game at home. UNC gave up 58 points in the paint last night. It was the 4th most points per possession given up since Roy arrived in Chapel Hill, against a team that struggles offensively.

It’s on Roy for not developing Brandon Robinson. It’s on Roy for not getting guys to buy in and give effort on D.

Reactions: CameronWV
Garrison Brooks was a composite 4 star player.

So I guess they “only” have 4 healthy 4 and 5 star players. That’s one more than FSU has. How many does GT have? How many does West Virginia have? How many does San Diego State have?

It shouldn’t take 7 blue chip recruits to be able to compete in a basketball game at home. UNC gave up 58 points in the paint last night. It was the 4th most points per possession given up since Roy arrived in Chapel Hill, against a team that struggles offensively.

It’s on Roy for not developing Brandon Robinson. It’s on Roy for not getting guys to buy in and give effort on D.

Brooks was 131st (and yes, still 4*). After the top 100 I generally consider them flyer prospects. Sometimes they work out. Sometimes they don’t.

The team sucks. That’s about all I feel like saying about them right now.

ADVERTISEMENT