ADVERTISEMENT

Udoka Azabuike / Reid Travis

ThroughBlue

Aug 21, 2005
can’t wait to see this one in the paint. He made our whole front court his bitch when he was on the floor

Feels good having someone in the paint with a little bit of ass on them. It’s been awhile since we have had some true beef in the middle

can’t wait to see this one in the paint. He made our whole front court his bitch when he was on the floor

Feels good having someone in the paint with a little bit of ass on them. It’s been awhile since we have had some true beef in the middle

The likely two best front-courts in the nation going head to head in that one. Wouldn't be surprised to see blood being drawn in that match-up.

Imagine all the dunks Udoka will throw down now that teams have to account for another big (who happens to be one of the best players in the country and an excellent passer).

Imagine all the dunks Udoka will throw down now that teams have to account for another big (who happens to be one of the best players in the country and an excellent passer).

I wanna see the chemistry there before I say much about that one, but the Kansas frontcourt has a lot of potential.

Yes if he stays out of foul trouble he should have a good year. Who is the other Big you’re talking about

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Against a lesser frontcourt, sure. Against UK? Not many.

Hopefully the individual matchup ends up the same as last year. Udoka had 24 and 7 and Travis had 12 and 4. That matchup will be big time.

Reactions: KisteK
Hopefully the individual matchup ends up the same as last year. Udoka had 24 and 7 and Travis had 12 and 4. That matchup will be big time.

Little different talent level for Travis' team this year lol. I do wonder how Lawson & Udoka are going to work together, considering neither are really dangerous from outside the paint. Same questions I have for UK & Washington/Travis.

Little different talent level for Travis' team this year lol. I do wonder how Lawson & Udoka are going to work together, considering neither are really dangerous from outside the paint. Same questions I have for UK & Washington/Travis.

Obvious talent difference on the teams.

Lawson will be threat from 3. Shot 35% as a freshman but a terrible 27% from 3. Will be different at KU where he will see a good amount more of open looks from 3. He's been working on his 3pt shot his redshirt season and the KU coaching staff has a strong track record of improving shooters. Lawson is also a good passer. I think they will play well together. That said could see him having better chemistry with De Sousa (if he's still on the team).

Honestly the first and second bigs off the bench would start for 99% of teams in D1 ball and these two teams have them on the BENCH.

The amount of post depth is absurd.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Honestly the first and second bigs off the bench would start for 99% of teams in D1 ball and these two teams have them on the BENCH.

The amount of post depth is absurd.

Doesn't that include Richards? That might be a stretch.

You're gonna need a lot of beef if you want to matchup with Kansas.

D. Lawson- 6'9 230
SDS- 6'9 240
McCormack- 6'10 260
Azubuike- 7' 270

Btw, Udoka (who literally didn't take a single jump shot last year) is cashing jumpers. Even saw a vid of him burying a three.

Still hope I never see him shoot one in a game, but hopefully he'll make a few free throws.

Last edited:
How can De Sousa be eligible? That’s great for KU if he is, I just always assumed he wouldn’t be.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
You're gonna need a lot of beef if you want to matchup with Kansas.

D. Lawson- 6'9 230
SDS- 6'9 240
McCormack- 6'10 260
Azubuike- 7' 270
Beefy indeed! Nobody is going to push Travis or Washington around on the block too much though.
Richards- 6'11", 244
Montgomery- 6'10", 228
Washington - 6'8", 234
Travis - 6'8", 240

It will be a good match up and unless there is foul trouble it will most lately end up a wash. Honest question - can either one of these guys jump over a phone book?

Self tends to be very careful with eligibility concerns and as of now, he's saying he'd play De Sousa with no hesitation. We'll see.

Lightfoot should redshirt. For his sake. The minutes won't be there.

Even if he and the freshman Agbaji redshirt, that still leaves a minutes problem. Unless Self uses a 10-man rotation, which he never does. But who would be the odd man out? Self seems to love Garrett. McCormack? That guy's going to be a monster.

Not trying to get too ahead of myself watching Kentucky play the Bahamanian AAU teams, but Kentucky is really good this year. Most balance we’ve had in a long time.

It will be a good match up and unless there is foul trouble it will most lately end up a wash. Honest question - can either one of these guys jump over a phone book?

Not sure what the vert is but Self has said Udunka is the best he’s seen at going after alley oops. Hence his fg% being so high.

SDS can jump though.

Not sure what the vert is but Self has said Udunka is the best he’s seen at going after alley oops. Hence his fg% being so high.

SDS can jump though.
Dok had a standing vert of 31 inches at the NBA Combine. So I think he can clear a phone book. I'm sure it will be a little bit better after he finishes slimming down.

Not trying to get too ahead of myself watching Kentucky play the Bahamanian AAU teams, but Kentucky is really good this year. Most balance we’ve had in a long time.
Kentucky looked really good in game two, one shooting game like game one and they are not making it past the sweet sixteen though. Reid Travis isn’t the athletic freak that I imagined him to be, very strong but plays below the rim.

GO CANADA!!!!

Reactions: kentucky3613
Kentucky looked really good in game two, one shooting game like game one and they are not making it past the sweet sixteen though. Reid Travis isn’t the athletic freak that I imagined him to be, very strong but plays below the rim.

GO CANADA!!!!

I still question their shooting ability. Herro looks like a solid shooter, Green probably decent. Not sure anyone else will reliably hit outside shots. Other than Baker, who won't play.

Travis has always been inefficient.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
KU’s plus minus when Dok is in the game is probably the best in the country that last few years. When we played at WVU he was plus 19 or something like that and we were negative 10 without him. Our front court will be better.

Obviously the Villanova game was a different story.

If KU can develop their guard and get adequate guard play we will be scary good.

KU’s plus minus when Dok is in the game is probably the best in the country that last few years. When we played at WVU he was plus 19 or something like that and we were negative 10 without him. Our front court will be better.

Obviously the Villanova game was a different story.

If KU can develop their guard and get adequate guard play we will be scary good.

Kansas was minus eleventy billion in their last game with Dok in there

ADVERTISEMENT