ADVERTISEMENT

Udoka Azabuike / Reid Travis

It's not unrealistic at all to think a freshman can measure up to Shai Gilgeous Alexander. That's exactly what they said about Deaaron Fox...and Tyler Ulis...and...Brandon Knight...and John Wall...and Eric Bledsoe...and the list could add 5 more players....
And the one you didn’t mention (Teague) is the only champion. Why can’t Calipari do better with all of that talent?

Well, we know one thing, Kansas is.never overhyped. Still waiting for that first flameout. Maybe those lardasses, y'all call a front court, can keep up.

A perfect example of why you're annoying twats.

You'd be bragging insufferably if you had KU's frontcourt, but since they're not yours, they're "lardasses."

Of course, we all know this just means that they're far stronger than the pantywaists you'll be running out there. But..gotta spin that into a negative somehow, eh? RollLaugh

Reactions: Hawkquake

You'd be bragging insufferably if you had KU's frontcourt, but since they're not yours, they're "lardasses."

Of course, we all know this just means that they're far stronger than the pantywaists you'll be running out there. But..gotta spin that into a negative somehow, eh? RollLaugh
You slam UK and then get your panties wedged in you poop slick.

Lulz

It's not unrealistic at all to think a freshman can measure up to Shai Gilgeous Alexander. That's exactly what they said about Deaaron Fox...and Tyler Ulis...and...Brandon Knight...and John Wall...and Eric Bledsoe...and the list could add 5 more players....
SGA was better than Bledsoe and Ulis as a freshman. Wall was the undisputed #1 pick in the NBA draft even before he enrolled in Lexington so he's a lot more talented than Hagans or Quickley.

Fox was more talented than Hagans or Quickley as well.

There's a huge difference between the top 3-4 guys in a class and the rest of the 5 star recruits. You should know this by now.

So much dumb spewing from you throughout this whole friggin' thread. 42 pts and 40 rebounds in 4 games is somehow "somewhat overhyped and inefficient"? You're climbing the DUMB-O-METER and giving Rockycard a run for his money. The dude averaged 19 and 9 last year at Stanford.
It's ok to hate on UK....I get it, they ripped your heart out in 2012. To carry this anti-UK bias in everything you post is another matter. Get over it, dude. At least your squad got to the title game that year whereas in others, little schools like Bradley, VCU, and Northern Iowa derailed your highly-seeded jayhawks from contention.
Being 1st Team All-PAC 12 is meaningless.

Arizona lost to mighty Buffalo in the 1st Round and UCLA got worked by St. Bonaventure.

Does it really mean much if you're one of the 5 best players in that shitty conference?

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Being 1st Team All-PAC 12 is meaningless.

Arizona lost to mighty Buffalo in the 1st Round and UCLA got worked by St. Bonaventure.

Does it really mean much if you're one of the 5 best players in that shitty conference?
So only transfers from the Power 4 are note worthy?

I wonder what they're gonna call Dok after he finishes slimming down and still destroys their joke of a frontcourt.

It's not a joke. Might even be the 2nd best frontcourt out there. Could certainly use some meat on their bones though if they wanna hang.

SGA was better than Bledsoe and Ulis as a freshman. Wall was the undisputed #1 pick in the NBA draft even before he enrolled in Lexington so he's a lot more talented than Hagans or Quickley.

Fox was more talented than Hagans or Quickley as well.

There's a huge difference between the top 3-4 guys in a class and the rest of the 5 star recruits. You should know this by now.

Ulis was an outstanding college pg, regardless of draft. Bad argument there. If any of those guys play like Ulis, that’d be ridiculous. Bledsoe? I’d take him over SGA, but that doesn’t really matter. Can we throw Marquis Teague out there too? Andrew Harrison? Those guys were kind of successful. If that is low bar for any of them, I’d say we are alright.

Reactions: KisteK
So only transfers from the Power 4 are note worthy?
You tell me how different your opinion would be if Travis was from Middle Tennessee compared to Stanford. That’s about the same level as the Pac-12 this past year.

You tell me how different your opinion would be if Travis was from Middle Tennessee compared to Stanford. That’s about the same level as the Pac-12 this past year.
You're saying Middle Tennesee is comparable to Stanford?

Would Travis's stats be less impressive it were at Middle Tn? There's always the academic/d angle to play. Did me bringing up academic give you an out?

You're saying Middle Tennesee is comparable to Stanford?

Would Travis's stats be less impressive it were at Middle Tn? There's always the academic/d angle to play. Did me bringing up academic give you an out?

Does academics have an effect on the stats he puts up on the court? No. Do I think Middle Tennessee had a better basketball team than Stanford? Heck yes. Do I think CUSA has been comparable to the Pac-12 lately? Heck yes. I mean......WKU did beat USC last year. Arizona constantly flames out. All I’m saying is that if Travis put up the same stats at Middle Tenn as he did at Stanford, there wouldnt be as much hype. ESPECIALLY if he didn’t go to UK. But simply because he went to a P5, that just makes his stats much more impressive? Disagree, completely. We’re talking about the Pac-12 here.

Does academics have an effect on the stats he puts up on the court? No. Do I think Middle Tennessee had a better basketball team than Stanford? Heck yes. Do I think CUSA has been comparable to the Pac-12 lately? Heck yes. I mean......WKU did beat USC last year. Arizona constantly flames out. All I’m saying is that if Travis put up the same stats at Middle Tenn as he did at Stanford, there wouldnt be as much hype. ESPECIALLY if he didn’t go to UK. But simply because he went to a P5, that just makes his stats much more impressive? Disagree, completely. We’re talking about the Pac-12 here.
You don't think there's smart, experienced players?

Also make no mistake about it. He's hype because he's going to Kentucky. #KentuckyEffect. As a P5 All american, he didn't receive this hype until the #Kentuckyeffect kicked in.

Kentucky Reid Travis>Pac 12 Reid Travis. Glad you all agree.

You don't think there's smart, experienced players?

Also make no mistake about it. He's hype because he's going to Kentucky. #KentuckyEffect. As a P5 All american, he didn't receive this hype until the #Kentuckyeffect kicked in.

Kentucky Reid Travis>Pac 12 Reid Travis. Glad you all agree.

Okay but there's a difference between basketball smarts and book smarts, no? Are you suggesting that Reid Travis mentally calculates the velocity and gravitational pull that the ball will travel if he shoots it from a certain spot on the court? Or would he think basketball smarts and have the skill to know how much to put on the ball without thinking book logic?

I'm a fan of Travis', any school would've been lucky to have added him. Just like I believe any school would've been lucky to have added Dedric Lawson.

Lol, lardasses
Lol, 2012
On the court yes, off the court...they don't seem close. I will say however, KU Lawson brothers>Memphis Lawson brothers.

My only knock so far on Travis is, how do have the hands to grab so many rebounds, but fumble the ball so much on offense? Maybe some other UK fans have noticed that as well.

Last edited:
On the court yes, off the court...they don't seem close.

My only knock so far on Travis is, how do have the hands to grab so many rebounds, but fumble the ball so much on offense? Maybe some other UK fans have noticed that as well.
He plays below the rim is my only knock on him, he’s strong as a bull though. Should’ve used this year to play defensive end for a school in football.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
He plays below the rim is my only knock on him, he’s strong as a bull though. Should’ve used this year to play defensive end for a school in football.
Yeah, he's definitely a below the rim player. He's transforming his body and agility, and the staff is working on expanding that part of his game. We'll see how it works out.

On the court yes, off the court...they don't seem close. I will say however, KU Lawson brothers>Memphis Lawson brothers.

Missed a bunch of bunnies in the Bahamas, too. Maybe nerves, I will give him the benefit of the doubt until November. I am interested to see how much better PJ and Richards get in the next 3-4 months, too.

Missed a bunch of bunnies in the Bahamas, too. Maybe nerves, I will give him the benefit of the doubt until November. I am interested to see how much better PJ and Richards get in the next 3-4 months, too.
Amazing how much better PJ looks physically and moving around on the court.

I'd give anything for Richards to have a WCS offseason jump. So far he looks like he has.

Amazing how much better PJ looks physically and moving around on the court.

I'd give anything for Richards to have a WCS offseason jump. So far he looks like he has.
He still has a tendency to bite on weak ass head and ball fakes. Dude, you'll almost 7' with a 7'6" wingspan. Most of the time you don't even need to leave your feet, and if you do... wait for the offensive player to do it first. On some possessions he looks like he's on a pogo stick on defense.

He still has a tendency to bite on weak ass head and ball fakes. Dude, you'll almost 7' with a 7'6" wingspan. Most of the time you don't even need to leave your feet, and if you do... wait for the offensive player to do it first. On some possessions he looks like he's on a pogo stick on defense.
OT,I just watched "American Animals" about the Transylvania book heist. It's really good.

Also, I agree with everything you just said. When mental meets physical...watch out.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Richards will be a top 10 pick this year and better than PJ. That's my prediction. Write it in stone.

Richards will be a top 10 pick this year and better than PJ. That's my prediction. Write it in stone.
Man.....I don't see this happening at all. Granted i haven't seen him play since last season---but he looked like a stiff last year. PJ seems like he will be a national impact player this season from what I've seen.

Man.....I don't see this happening at all. Granted i haven't seen him play since last season---but he looked like a stiff last year. PJ seems like he will be a national impact player this season from what I've seen.

I just saw a few highlights here and there, but it appeared that he had about a foot on everybody guarding him. They were also slow and unathletic.

Reminds me of when we'd see guys like Sasha Kaun dominate Pitt St and Fort Hays.

What if D&KJ Law bring one of the younger Laws... I'm cool with what Kansas has, bc they have Dok, DLaw is much more valuable to Kansas than RTravis would be.

he was a high school QB with (P5) D1 offers,that's what og had me curious about him as a recruit.

Last edited:
Is it just me or is KU becoming the new UL. Taking all the problems childs and makeing the great again.

It really is great some coaches wouldn't bother with some of those transfers

Is it just me or is KU becoming the new UL. Taking all the problems childs and makeing the great again.

It really is great some coaches wouldn't bother with some of those transfers
Lurker has gone all Clive on us. Weak trolling job pal.

I’d be totally shocked if UK doesn’t make the final four this year. Hell I’d be a little surprised if they don’t win the whole damn thing. Those downplaying UK’s talent have some jealousy going on. This UK team doesn’t lack one thing.

ADVERTISEMENT