ADVERTISEMENT

UConn is going to pass Kansas and tie Duke for Nattys tonight

bignish

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2016
Team
Duke
Crazy considering they’ve only been to 6 Final 4s.

Their efficiency on winning titles is next level. They're 9-1 in the Final Four. Only Final Four loss came in 2009 to Michigan State when Jerome Dyson was injured for the tournament with a knee injury.

UConn is weird. They've missed like 5 of the last 8 tourneys or some crap like that but are on the cusp of winning another natty

Their efficiency on winning titles is next level. They're 9-1 in the Final Four. Only Final Four loss came in 2009 to Michigan State when Jerome Dyson was injured for the tournament with a knee injury.
I attended that 2009 game and loved it. Unfortunately, a great UNC team smoked the Spartans in the final.

I wouldn't hand them this one yet. San Diego St might be a legit top 5-10 team, and their defense will keep them in it.

Reactions: ceilo77
I wouldn't hand them this one yet. San Diego St might be a legit top 5-10 team, and their defense will keep them in it.
sDSu really should have lost the other night. I do t expect tonight to be particularly close. Uconn probably rolls

You gotta put them above Duke in the hierarchy since they will have done it with 3 different coaches.
plus the also beat Duke in a national title game. Beat them so bad it showed the world what an overrated fraud Coach K was.

Reactions: jhmossy
plus the also beat Duke in a national title game. Beat them so bad it showed the world what an overrated fraud Coach K was.

We won by three lol. And its one of the best title games in the last 25 years to me, even if we didnt win it I would say that. Coach K is no fraud my man, thats a bad take. And I cant stand Duke.

Reactions: Erock-conn
I do have regrets about our two epic losses to UConn. In 1999, Brand barely touched the ball in the final 8-10 minutes. I want to say he got off one shot? Voskuhl was tough, for sure, and not allowing many touches. But, we could have/should have worked him into the offense more.

And I haven't watched the 2004 Final Four in forever, when we had that 8 point lead with under 4 minutes left. But, I want to say we unnecessarily milked the clock and took several bad shots in the final minutes. Ugh. It's painful thinking about it. Not sure which tournament loss made me angrier - '02 against Indiana, '04 against UConn, or '19 against Michigan State.

We won by three lol. And its one of the best title games in the last 25 years to me, even if we didnt win it I would say that. Coach K is no fraud my man, thats a bad take. And I cant stand Duke.
Don't care the final score. K spent the entire game taking a nap. figured he could just roll the ball out there and his team of 4-5 lottery picks could do the rest. So yea, he was a total fraud and that game was the single worst exhibition of coaching I've ever seen in a championship game.

Don't care the final score. K spent the entire game taking a nap. figured he could just roll the ball out there and his team of 4-5 lottery picks could do the rest. So yea, he was a total fraud and that game was the single worst exhibition of coaching I've ever seen in a championship game.
Yeah that duke team had no business losing to uconn. UConn’s only true nba guy was Richard Hamilton right?

Yeah that duke team had no business losing to uconn. UConn’s only true nba guy was Richard Hamilton right?

Jake V played a couple years, I think a few more had some coffee in the league. But Richard was the only one that stuck from that team and joined the list of folks who won a chip on both levels.

Reactions: Erock-conn
Jake V played a couple years, I think a few more had some coffee in the league. But Richard was the only one that stuck from that team and joined the list of folks who won a chip on both levels.
NBA draftees from that game:

#1 overall pick = Elton Brand/DUKE
#7 Rip Hamilton/UConn
#11 Trajan Langdon/DUKE
#13 Corey Maggete/DUKE
#14 William Avery/DUKE

Literally 4 lottery picks including the #1 overall pick. Don't tell me Coach K did a good job because "he only lost by 3".

Has there been another coach in history that has lost with 4 lottery picks? He very nearly did it again in 2019 with 3 lottery picks, but he didn't make it far in that tourney cause Fraud K needs 4 lotto picks to succeed in the tourney.

• Wow
Reactions: englandnu

#7 Rip Hamilton/UConn
#11 Trajan Langdon/DUKE
#13 Corey Maggete/DUKE
#14 William Avery/DUKE

Literally 4 lottery picks including the #1 overall pick. Don't tell me Coach K did a good job because "he only lost by 3".

Has there been another coach in history that has lost with 4 lottery picks? He very nearly did it again in 2019 with 3 lottery picks, but he didn't make it far in that tourney cause Fraud K needs 4 lotto picks to succeed in the tourney.

Lol. Get it all out buddy.

#7 Rip Hamilton/UConn
#11 Trajan Langdon/DUKE
#13 Corey Maggete/DUKE
#14 William Avery/DUKE

I mean Kentucky under calipari did in 2010 and 2015 right?

Lol. Get it all out buddy.
lol I've been beating this drum for nearly 25 years! My journey from being a Duke fan and Fraud K fan to being their biggest haters has been well documented here. It all started with THAT game.

lol I've been beating this drum for nearly 25 years! My journey from being a Duke fan and Fraud K fan to being their biggest haters has been well documented here. It all started with THAT game.

I dont recall from my time here before but I will take your word on it.

I mean Kentucky under calipari did in 2010 and 2015 right?
2010 Kentucky had 3 lottery picks and 2 other FRPs so yea, that's pretty bad.

2015 KY was very similar to 99 Duke. #1 pick, #6, #12, #13 and lost in the Final 4 to a Wisconsin team that had even less NBA DNA than UCONN 99.

2012 KY had #1 and #2 along with 2 other FRPs, but at least they had the decency to win the title.

I was thinking we could use him at Iowa, lol.

I honestly thought he would do very well at DePaul.
It's probably the hardest job of any P5 team. Doubt anyone would do well unless they come in with a big name already....and no chance in hell of that ever happening.

#7 Rip Hamilton/UConn
#11 Trajan Langdon/DUKE
#13 Corey Maggete/DUKE
#14 William Avery/DUKE

We are so sorry that Duke somehow hurt you many years ago. For someone who has never met the man to have this much hate for him is comical.

Because they lost. Elton Brand and Langdon are two of my favorites. You were never a fan if this is how you act. Maybe just a bandwagon fan.

#7 Rip Hamilton/UConn
#11 Trajan Langdon/DUKE
#13 Corey Maggete/DUKE
#14 William Avery/DUKE

Not quite 4 lottery picks, but Michigan lost the 2013 natty to Louisville with

PG Burke - #9 pick
SG - Hardaway Jr. - #24 pick
SF - Stauskas - #8 pick
PF - GRIII - #40 pick
C - McGary - #21 pick

with Caris Levert #20 off the bench

2015 KY was very similar to 99 Duke. #1 pick, #6, #12, #13 and lost in the Final 4 to a Wisconsin team that had even less NBA DNA than UCONN 99.

2012 KY had #1 and #2 along with 2 other FRPs, but at least they had the decency to win the title.

2010 and 2015 were horrific. Duke in 2019 with Zion (top 5 player of the 21st century) was equally embarrassing.

UConn has beaten a 1, 3, 8 and an 8 seed in their title games.

Last two FF's: 4, 11 amd 8 seed---5. 5 and a 9 seed.

Caught some breaks....

NBA lockout scare helped UK big-time in 2012. Otherwise, Lamb and JOnes probably bolt for the NBA.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
2010 and 2015 were horrific. Duke in 2019 with Zion (top 5 player of the 21st century) was equally embarrassing.
Too bad the game isn’t one on one. Some people make the dumbest statements.

UConn is so heavily favored that I am starting to feel this may be a trap game, they haven’t proved that they can win in close games so far while SDSU is more battle tested.

ADVERTISEMENT