ADVERTISEMENT

TV/video games/movies off season thread

I've not been playing any new games in a while and golf is getting tiresome. So why not, the show has me reinvigorated.

Right now the main shows I'm watching:

Survivor
Traitors (UK, USA, Australia) reality show on Peacock
Shoresy
The Crown final season
Masters of the Air
Invincible season 2
Rugby 6 Nations reality show on Netflix (similar to Drive to Survive)
Fight to Survive Alaska

Shows in the on deck cirle:
The Gentleman
Fallout
Lupin Season 2
Fauda season 4
We were the lucky ones

Right now the main shows I'm watching:

Survivor
Traitors (UK, USA, Australia) reality show on Peacock
Shoresy
The Crown final season
Masters of the Air
Invincible season 2
Rugby 6 Nations reality show on Netflix (similar to Drive to Survive)
Fight to Survive Alaska

Shows in the on deck cirle:
The Gentleman
Fallout
Lupin Season 2
Fauda season 4
We were the lucky ones
How's Masters of the Air? I thought about checking it out.

Good first episode. Starting Fallout 3 again. I have them on PC, but decided to get them on Xbox. 3 bucks a piece for 3 and new vegas.

If you are an Amazon prime member, they have been giving away Fallout games for the last few months. Thus far I have 1, 2 and they just dropped 76 the other day. I passed on 76 when it first dropped because I played the beta and it was trash. I do wonder how much they have improved it since, a la No Mans Sky.

The show has been a treat. We finished episode 4 last night, hoo boy. Really well done so far though, and nice to have a show to watch each night.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
While another season hasn’t yet been officially greenlit by Prime Video, a recent report by the California Film Commission revealed that “Fallout” has been approved to relocate to California and earn tax credits to shoot a second season.

How's Masters of the Air? I thought about checking it out.
I'm a sucker for all WW2 stuff so it's good from that perspective. From a character development and story POV so far (through 5 eps) it's very lacking compared to Band of Brothers and even Pacific. I only know who two of the characters are. Last ep they named a bunch of soldiers who didn't survive the last mission and I had no clue who any of the people were.

Through 5 eps if I had to give it a score out of 10 I would give it a 7.5/10 from the POV of a massive WW2 fan, but a 6/10 from the POV of a person trying to review it without any biases going in.

I don’t watch a lot of TV anymore but i did watch Fallout.

I was a huge fan of fallout 3 and new vegas. Haven’t played any other fallout games. But I loved the show. Through 1 season i’d have it just below the first season of The Boys. But honestly i thought The Boys, though still good, hasn’t been as good as it’s first season.

I recently watched Hunters as well and wasn’t terribly impressed. The 2nd season in that one was better than the first.

They could keep a Fallout series going for a long time if they wanted. There’s so many already existing great story arch’s to piggy back off of in that universe if they want and a strong base for a whole lot more. A show just focused on Goggins characters time in the wasteland alone would have a ton of potential.

Hades 2 looks incredible. I went into the original blind and it became one of my favorite games of all time. Can't wait for early access this summer most likely.

• Love
Reactions: WeAreDePaul
This is what I watched this weekend:

Midsommar (HBO) - holy shit so ****ed up but so fascinating
Parasite (HBO) - one of the best movies I've seen in a long time
Molly's Game (Netflix) - pretty entertaining story involving poker
Baby Reindeer (Netflix) - miniseries about abuse and stalking
I've watched the first 2. Enjoyed both.

Hades 2 looks incredible. I went into the original blind and it became one of my favorite games of all time. Can't wait for early access this summer most likely.
played Hades a couple years ago and it was the best game I played that whole year. Loved it. Inspired me to try a couple more Rogue likes (Dead Cells).

played Hades a couple years ago and it was the best game I played that whole year. Loved it. Inspired me to try a couple more Rogue likes (Dead Cells).

Not gotten into a ton of rogue likes, but yeah it's definitely opened my eyes to the genre. I played a bit of Gunfire Reborn and enjoyed it. It's a shooter roguelike, good weapon variety.

I've just been playing The Finals here lately. Funnest shooter I've played in a long time. Gamepass hasn't dropped any really good games to play in a bit. Hopefully they drop something big soon though. I'd love to see them add Hogwarts Legacy or the Borderlands games.

I finished it, really good.
Never watch shit like shit. But needed something to watch. Almost liked it as much as GoT season 1. Same vibes for me. Not my style of show, but I was hooked pretty quickly. Cool story and Ella Purnell might be the best looking woman on earth. That didn't hurt. Looking forward to season 2.

Reactions: tw3301
Never watch shit like shit. But needed something to watch. Almost liked it as much as GoT season 1. Same vibes for me. Not my style of show, but I was hooked pretty quickly. Cool story and Ella Purnell might be the best looking woman on earth. That didn't hurt. Looking forward to season 2.

You think this is the best looking female on Earth?

ella-purnell-headshot.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: tw3301 and 829305
I know most here have already watched it because I remember yall recommending it (please dont spoil), but I finished season one of Succession. Really good so far. I hated Tom at first, but he grows on you each episode. He's goofy as hell.
I thought that it would be better. Every character goes overboard in their stupidity.

I know most here have already watched it because I remember yall recommending it (please dont spoil), but I finished season one of Succession. Really good so far. I hated Tom at first, but he grows on you each episode. He's goofy as hell.
Don't go back and re-read this thread because I'm pretty sure we spoiled it in real time. The ending of season 1 is fantastic. The rest of the series is great as well.

Don't go back and re-read this thread because I'm pretty sure we spoiled it in real time. The ending of season 1 is fantastic. The rest of the series is great as well.

Yeah I remember you guys talking about somebody getting the company at the end, but fortunately I don't remember who yall said. I have a guess who I think it will be right now but I'm going to avoid talking about it until I finish.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT