ADVERTISEMENT

TV/video games/movies off season thread

Yesterday’s episode of The Boys was one of the best of the series. Homelander is ruthless and I’m here for it.
With the Boys ending next season, how do they wrap up season 4? Can't kill Homelander, maybe Victoria? If it's just taking out Sage and Firecracker I'm going to be disappointed.

GQmf_f5XkAAVO8j

Reactions: TKBray and RR30
Fallout was a great show, finished it a few days ago.

Started on The Gentleman, a Guy Ritchie show on Netflix. 2 eps in and it's fantastic.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
House of the dragon continues to be solid, looks like we're going to get a battle next week.

The boys.... It's fine but exactly what I was worried about. This seems like a bridge season, stretching it out so we can get season 5 and an end game.

I still watch, but I haven’t been a huge fan of The Boys since the first season.

Was hoping for another Breaking Bad, Ozark, Yellowstone level series this summer but haven’t seen anything yet.

This last episode of the boys was good but I had to look away from the screen about 50 times. Godamn man.

Reactions: jhmossy
It's game of thrones up until season 7... However because of how they completely just shit the bed at the end I'm good with Breaking Bad being #1.
I personally can't put a show that doesn't stick the landing anywhere near a top 10. For that reason GOT is not in contention for my list.

Breaking Bad easily #1.

Also don't like that they rank mini-series on this list. A lot easier to do a 6 ep run and be great than to do 6 seasons and be great. As much as I loved Chernobyl it wouldn't qualify in my world.

I personally can't put a show that doesn't stick the landing anywhere near a top 10. For that reason GOT is not in contention for my list.

Breaking Bad easily #1.

Also don't like that they rank mini-series on this list. A lot easier to do a 6 ep run and be great than to do 6 seasons and be great. As much as I loved Chernobyl it wouldn't qualify in my world.
I feel the same on mini-series. They should be their own category. And I'd put Band of Brothers and The Pacific in front of Chernobyl, which I loved as well.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Looking forward to this. gonna play as UK of course, I'll be at a disadvantage at first and yes, I'll be playing on the hardest mode.

Was Season 2 of the Bear that good. First one, to me, was meh.

Peaky Blinders is the highest rated show I've not watched (how about you?). The wife watched it and she knows what I like and have said for years I should watch it.

I take that back I haven't watched Sherlock, no plans to, and only watched the first season of Stranger Things.

I do have an interest in PB.

I feel the same on mini-series. They should be their own category. And I'd put Band of Brothers and The Pacific in front of Chernobyl, which I loved as well.

Band of Brothers I can give you, but not Pacific. It was a huge step down from BoB and not in the same tier as Chernobyl and BoB.

My top tier of min-series or limited series off the top of my head:

Band of Brothers
Chernobyl
The Night of
We Were the Lucky Ones
Godless (I remember loving this, but now I don't remember it. Might have to go back and rewatch)

Does a show like Fargo count? It has multiple seasons, but each one is self contained with all new casts. I would put season 1 of Fargo on the list above if allowed.

Was Season 2 of the Bear that good. First one, to me, was meh.

Peaky Blinders is the highest rated show I've not watched (how about you?). The wife watched it and she knows what I like and have said for years I should watch it.

I take that back I haven't watched Sherlock, no plans to, and only watched the first season of Stranger Things.

I do have an interest in PB.
season 2 of Bear was really good. I'm hearing that season 3 is a big step down.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT