ADVERTISEMENT

TV/video games/movies off season thread

Wached The Iron Claw this weekend. Who the fvck thought this was a good idea for a movie? I was a big Von Erich fan back in the early-mid 80s when I followed wrestling. I knew they had a lot of tragedy in their family, but jesus, this whole movie is just one big ball of depressing. So depressing they decided to completely omit the existence of the youngest brother from the movie. I guess 2 deaths by suicide were deemed more than enough to carry this fun ride at the theater.

Don't get me wrong, it's a solid movie, but there's nothing to feel good about during the entire 2+ hour run.

Finally watching The Diplomat on Netflix. Five episodes in and I'm loving it. Love the back and forth between Rufus Sewell (an underrated actor IMO...he was great in The Man in the High Castle) and Keri Russell.

Wached The Iron Claw this weekend. Who the fvck thought this was a good idea for a movie? I was a big Von Erich fan back in the early-mid 80s when I followed wrestling. I knew they had a lot of tragedy in their family, but jesus, this whole movie is just one big ball of depressing. So depressing they decided to completely omit the existence of the youngest brother from the movie. I guess 2 deaths by suicide were deemed more than enough to carry this fun ride at the theater.

Don't get me wrong, it's a solid movie, but there's nothing to feel good about during the entire 2+ hour run.
We watched a movie called Mother's Instinct over the weekend and it had to have been the most miserable movie I've ever watched. Then we followed it up with Civil War—another miserable movie.

Finally watching The Diplomat on Netflix. Five episodes in and I'm loving it. Love the back and forth between Rufus Sewell (an underrated actor IMO...he was great in The Man in the High Castle) and Keri Russell.
That is a very solid show.

Might need to check that out. Keri Russell is great (The Americans is one of the best shows ever), and I dropped Man in the High Castle, but Sewell was so good in it with what I watched.

Might need to check that out. Keri Russell is great (The Americans is one of the best shows ever), and I dropped Man in the High Castle, but Sewell was so good in it with what I watched.
FYI though, I just finished the 1st season and there was a big cliffhanger. Season 2 is supposed to drop sometime in 2024 though.

It was meh. The actor playing ric flair ruined it for me also. I will say the last scene of the whole movie where he is talking to his 2 sons got to me.

I just binged the first season. Really liked it. The twist at the end was great. Looking forward to S2.

That is a very solid show.

FYI though, I just finished the 1st season and there was a big cliffhanger. Season 2 is supposed to drop sometime in 2024 though.

Finished it the other night. Very solid show. Thanks. Season 02 is being filmed now, might be done. TVMaze says it's supposed to be out before the end of the year.

Just finished Mr. Robot on Amazon Prime. That’s a must watch series for me.

Snowfall, anyone? Late to the party on it but the first two seasons were pretty damn good.

Snowfall, anyone? Late to the party on it but the first two seasons were pretty damn good.
Like the first two seasons, I can't remember if I watched season 3 or not, but I stopped soon after. I liked it but just never got around to finishing it.

Reactions: 829305
My wife is going to a family reunion this weekend. I have We were the Lucky Ones, and going to check out Apple/Jake Gyllenhaal's new show Presumed Innocent.

The Shield and Damages are really good and underrated, if you haven’t seen em. Hulu.

The Shield is good, though it's a very long series. Vic Mackey is an all timer piece of shit

Reactions: 829305
Is anyone else getting EA College Football '25?

Probably won't play it unless it comes to Gamepass honestly. As much as I love sports, I've just never really gotten into sports games other than a few older ones. But the ones I enjoyed were mostly arcade style like NBA Jam, NFL Blitz, NBA Streetz etc... I did like a couple of the older 2k games and Tiger Woods 08'.

I wish they'd come out with a new college basketball game though I would 100% get that.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Probably won't play it unless it comes to Gamepass honestly. As much as I love sports, I've just never really gotten into sports games other than a few older ones. But the ones I enjoyed were mostly arcade style like NBA Jam, NFL Blitz, NBA Streetz etc... I did like a couple of the older 2k games and Tiger Woods 08'.

I wish they'd come out with a new college basketball game though I would 100% get that.
I like the football games better than the ball ones. I doubt I'll get the basketball one.

I heard it's just a bunch of woke liberal propaganda. Kinda like everything else coming from Disney these days.
I mean it is, which sucks, but this episode was just non-stop cringe. First 2 episodes were meh, this was making my eyes bleed and hurt my brain. The writing is horrible, acting is bad, none of it makes any sense. Save yourself some time and skip it.

Just watched a popular movie, and it left in a cliffhanger. "to be continued". IMO that's BS.

Horrible way to end a film.

Season 4 of The Boys!!!! Lets go!!!!
only the first 3 episodes. They did that with Invincible and didn't release the second half till a few months later.

I'm rewatchign the last season and will wait till all of this season is available before diving in.

Reactions: jhmossy
Mother’s Milk’s weight loss is distracting.

Just starting season 4 about 15 mins in and it seems extremely rushed. We’ll see how these first three eps play out. Have always loved the show.
Starlight's complete face change due to "not plastic surgery" is distracting as well. I love the boys but they're starting out with too many storylines I don't care about... Frenchie and his boyfriend, Huey and his mom, etc.

House of the dragon was a solid first episode, lot of setup as expected but then the end... Damn.

House of the dragon was a solid first episode, lot of setup as expected but then the end... Damn.

Really enjoyed it.

I read a bunch of the book readers were upset because supposedly the Blood and Cheese scene wasnt as gruesome as it is depicted in the books. But killing a tiny kid seems pretty damn gruesome to me. Shits going to get crazy this season.

Really enjoyed it.

I read a bunch of the book readers were upset because supposedly the Blood and Cheese scene wasnt as gruesome as it is depicted in the books. But killing a tiny kid seems pretty damn gruesome to me. Shits going to get crazy this season.
It's different in the book, they ask her to choose which kid they kill and there are 3 of them. She points at the baby because she thinks it doesn't even know it's alive yet and they kill the other 2 which ****s the mom up big time.

ADVERTISEMENT