ADVERTISEMENT

TV/video games/movies off season thread

Dark is criminally underrated on that list.

Also, not sure how you can leave The Leftovers off that list

Band of Brothers I can give you, but not Pacific. It was a huge step down from BoB and not in the same tier as Chernobyl and BoB.

My top tier of min-series or limited series off the top of my head:

Band of Brothers
Chernobyl
The Night of
We Were the Lucky Ones
Godless (I remember loving this, but now I don't remember it. Might have to go back and rewatch)

Does a show like Fargo count? It has multiple seasons, but each one is self contained with all new casts. I would put season 1 of Fargo on the list above if allowed.
Completely agree.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
I was pretty satisfied with how this season of The Boys ended. Can’t wait until the final season.

Reactions: tw3301
I was pretty satisfied with how this season of The Boys ended. Can’t wait until the final season.
Yeah I was too, felt like this was the weakest season so far though. The storylines with Kimiko and Frenchie went nowhere and were a waste of time. The Hughie abuse this season was rough and I still don't care about his mom at all. Felt like this could have been the final season but they stretched it out to get one more season out of it. Also having to wait 2 years for the final season blows.

Reactions: jhmossy
Just got back from seeing Deadpool and Wolverine, it's ****ing awesome. Tons of references to other comic book movies so you may not get a lot of the jokes if you haven't seen a lot of the fox marvel movies. That being said my 12 year old hasn't seen any and loved it, laughing out loud a lot. Definitely go see and stay off the Internet to avoid spoilers, if I had any of the cameos spoiled for me I would have been pissed.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Just got back from seeing Deadpool and Wolverine, it's ****ing awesome. Tons of references to other comic book movies so you may not get a lot of the jokes if you haven't seen a lot of the fox marvel movies. That being said my 12 year old hasn't seen any and loved it, laughing out loud a lot. Definitely go see and stay off the Internet to avoid spoilers, if I had any of the cameos spoiled for me I would have been pissed.

Took my 13 yo stepson, fully aware it was probably too violent for a kid. Which is an understatement.

A few jokes or scenes fall flat, but overall it’s as entertaining as any superhero movie and hilarious throughout. I think it’s miles better than the 2nd one. Still a little partial to the 1st because the origin story’s great. This was probably funnier though.

Apparently Blake Lively is preventing another Deadpool sequel from happening. WTF? How'd he end up with the lamest chick in Hollywood?

Took my 13 yo stepson, fully aware it was probably too violent for a kid. Which is an understatement.

A few jokes or scenes fall flat, but overall it’s as entertaining as any superhero movie and hilarious throughout. I think it’s miles better than the 2nd one. Still a little partial to the 1st because the origin story’s great. This was probably funnier though.

Apparently Blake Lively is preventing another Deadpool sequel from happening. WTF? How'd he end up with the lamest chick in Hollywood?
I don't buy the Blake Lively stuff, if they want another they'll back up the truck with cash. Just see Robert Downey Jr coming back as Dr. Doom after retiring or High Jackman in this movie.

I haven’t heard anything about Blake blocking a 4th one.

I’m also in the camp that violent movies are the quintessential 12, 13, 14yo boy movies. That’s gotta be 25% of the target audience.

Reactions: I am stupid
I watched All quiet on the Western Front last night. I enjoyed it. Despite it being about German soldiers suffering mentally and physically during WW1; I felt sympathy and a deep personal connection to them.

Soldiers exhausted night after night of bombs raining down. No advancement on the front, just years of agony and toil. Almost starving by being fed the same drivel(dribble). Generals not caring about the soldiers, the results or what's best for the nation.

This movie symbolizes the embodiment of a Kentucky fan the past 5 years. 9/10.

An entire season of setup. There were good moments, mostly in the first 4 episodes, but I feel like this season really just spun it's wheels.

100%. I’d be more okay with a setup season if it was a show that didn’t have so much down time between seasons. I was particularly annoyed by the lack of diversity in the sets. 90% of the show happened in like 1 of 4 rooms.

Let’s hope the prequel series coming out later this year is good.

100%. I’d be more okay with a setup season if it was a show that didn’t have so much down time between seasons. I was particularly annoyed by the lack of diversity in the sets. 90% of the show happened in like 1 of 4 rooms.

Let’s hope the prequel series coming out later this year is good.
They're going away from the source material, we all remember how well that went for game of thrones...

I also heard that they had planned for 10 episodes (like Season 1) but HBO forced them into 8. If true, that makes a lot of sense. Disappointing for the viewers though.
They wanted to do 4 seasons, HBO wanted 5. Stretching out those Max subscriptions. Which btw you can just cancel and wait 2 years to subscribe again but they usually have pretty good shows.

Just watched a popular movie, and it left in a cliffhanger. "to be continued". IMO that's BS.

Horrible way to end a film.
Didn't realize Horizen was 30 years in the making.

I don't think it's like Boyhood where the kid/actors actually aged 20 years.

WHat's the chance they've been quietly working on a sequel?

The final season of The Umbrella Academy was truly terrible. Disappointing end to a really good series overall.
I didn’t realize it was out already. I’m not surprised, they ran out of source material at the end of the last season. Too bad to hear that, loved that show.

It's weird as ****.

I usually like a little weird. Something like the movie Drag Me To Hell, for example. But Midsommar was too weird IMO. Half of the movie is yelling and chanting nonsense.

The final season of The Umbrella Academy was truly terrible. Disappointing end to a really good series overall.

Disappointing to hear. I enjoyed that show for the most part. I don't even have Netflix anymore so not sure when I'll watch the last season.

Drag me to Hell’s great. Along with almost everything else Raimi has done.

Haven’t seen Midsommar.

would be pretty cool if it had airbags that deployed when you crash. I think I saw brake lights in the back. If they are gonna do that, air bags can't be too far behind.

There should be a Fleshlight attachment so you can get road head while racing the Indy 500.
Which rig would you rather play?

I thought the first episode of S3 of Industry was excellent. This season is going to be insane. Can't wait!

ADVERTISEMENT