ADVERTISEMENT

TV/video games/movies off season thread

Does not feel like there should be only 1 episode of Succession left. Better be a 2 hour finale.
I'm so let down by it ending. Literally have it right behind The Sopranos and The Wire, my 1A and 1B. I feel like there is so much more story to tell. Seems like Ken is going to be king in the end, but I'd love to see that shit show unfold next season. I will remember what a tool he is on the rewatch, but for now it's been a great redemption for him. Can't imagine there is any big twist at the end. This just isn't that type of show imo. Roman falling flat on his face was spectacular. And while I love his character, he could never fill Logan's shoes, not that anyone really can. Shiv realizing she picked the wrong horse. Con ending up with the best relationship of the bunch. Tom grasping at anyone for a safety net. Greg ending up in close proximity to the President when it all started with a hitter box in an amusement park parking lot. All the geriatrics have been amazing this season, too. Karl is killing it. Frank, Gerri. Just an amazing show that has landed the plane perfectly for the finish.

I'm so let down by it ending. Literally have it right behind The Sopranos and The Wire, my 1A and 1B. I feel like there is so much more story to tell. Seems like Ken is going to be king in the end, but I'd love to see that shit show unfold next season. I will remember what a tool he is on the rewatch, but for now it's been a great redemption for him. Can't imagine there is any big twist at the end. This just isn't that type of show imo. Roman falling flat on his face was spectacular. And while I love his character, he could never fill Logan's shoes, not that anyone really can. Shiv realizing she picked the wrong horse. Con ending up with the best relationship of the bunch. Tom grasping at anyone for a safety net. Greg ending up in close proximity to the President when it all started with a hitter box in an amusement park parking lot. All the geriatrics have been amazing this season, too. Karl is killing it. Frank, Gerri. Just an amazing show that has landed the plane perfectly for the finish.
I'm still saying Greg ends up CEO since I predicted it in season 1. Probably US CEO under Mattsen.

I'll be disappointed if this doesn't happen.
I just don't see it. Greg is a clown, a killer clown now, but a clown nonetheless.

I was going to rank my favorite characters but it's almost impossible to do. Just too many good ones. The acting is out of this world.

I've always thought the best acting I've ever seen is Tony Soprano. Gandolfini was amazing. This show has some who come close.

Is Succession > Mad Men?

Both are highly praised shows I've never even come close to watching.......

Is Succession really highly praised? I haven't seen anyone say it was great other than a few people who post here.

I've only ever heard that it was an ok show and not worth going out of your way to watch.
It's won a lot of awards, has an 8.8 rating on IMDB, 95% critic score on rotten tomatoes and 88% with audiences. I think it's fantastic but I don't watch reality shows and loved the wire so we have very different tastes.

It's won a lot of awards, has an 8.8 rating on IMDB, 95% critic score on rotten tomatoes and 88% with audiences. I think it's fantastic but I don't watch reality shows and loved the wire so we have very different tastes.
Reality tv, lol.

It's extremely popular. Not a lot of people knew about it season one, but it's been very popular since.

At first thought I laughed. But, I'm starting to think this might have some teeth. Mattson's puppet. I don't think he goes with Shiv, but we'll see.
It's happening and I don't know how much of a puppet he will be. Feel like he will cut Mattson's throat after he gets the job.

I could be completely full of shit though.

I thought the series finale of Marvelous Mrs. Maisel was excellent. Really liked the series overall.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
I'm still saying Greg ends up CEO since I predicted it in season 1. Probably US CEO under Mattsen.
I've been thinking about this.

Rewatched the last episode and this will thumb the nose to his grandpa. We know how the dude thinks of his brother's business, and to have a plant, which was inserted by name, end up running it. That's going to be epic. I'm looking forward to tonight.

First weekend since the tornado that the wife is home and she's not watched a single episode, but she's watching this seriest finale.
I"m a loud watch, "I'll be chanting "eat his ass Greg, it'll pay off.".

Reactions: tw3301
If Greg doesn't get CEO, I"m going to get banned from the Duke home board.
Poor Tom. He's a cuck. Greg has family ties. Tom is....madlibs.

succession_2-1-2000.jpg

My bad, but honestly, I'm tired of putting glass in.

I'm ready to hit someone in the head with it. If they don't like NBA or NHL even better.

Been a long two months.

Maybe I'll appreciate it more after a few rewatches but kinda disappointed. It was fine but I wanted a little more closure.

Reactions: jhmossy
Maybe I'll appreciate it more after a few rewatches but kinda disappointed. It was fine but I wanted a little more closure.
Really? I thought they nailed the landing. I was ready for the trio to come together and believed it was actually happening. Nope. Fn Shiv. What a crazy kunt.

Reactions: jhmossy and tw3301
Really? I thought they nailed the landing. I was ready for the trio to come together and believed it was actually happening. Nope. Fn Shiv. What a crazy kunt.
Shiv just straight up sucks. She basically got cucked by the main cuck. Tom made her his bitch. Just don't feel satisfied, should have had another season. We end on Kendall looking at some water... Meh. Soprano's shit.

Didn't care for the ending of Barry either. It was fine I guess, but the last 15 minutes of a 30 minute episode was a fake movie about his life. I liked the whole making fun of Hollywood thing but thought there would be more to it.

Shiv just straight up sucks. She basically got cucked by the main cuck. Tom made her his bitch. Just don't feel satisfied, should have had another season. We end on Kendall looking at some water... Meh. Soprano's shit.
You want to see the suicide? Cause that’s prob where Ken is headed. And Tom did flip the script on shiv. But, don’t forget he swallowed his own cum for her. If that ain’t love… 🤢

Hope we get a movie in a few years.

Didn't care for the ending of Barry either. It was fine I guess, but the last 15 minutes of a 30 minute episode was a fake movie about his life. I liked the whole making fun of Hollywood thing but thought there would be more to it.
I was disappointed with most of the final season. It felt directionless and none of the characters’ endings were very satisfying. The finale was just kind of bizarre.

Tom was a good choice. I can live with that. A bit torn on if there should be a movie or not.

IIRC, past movies were Deadwood, sex in the city, and sopranos. I don't think they did a wire movie.
They all basically sucked. They'd have to release a Succession movie soon to keep the attention. When Deadwood movie came out I basically forgot all the characters. I might have well been learning controls over again on a game I've not played in years.

ADVERTISEMENT