ADVERTISEMENT

TV/video games/movies off season thread

found a great competition reality show on Netflix. Outlast. 16 people stranded in Alaska, form teams of 4 and basically try and live and drive the other people to quit. Last person/team standing gets $1,000,000.

I've got one ep left and it's been a fantastic show. More cut throat than any reality show I've ever seen. There are literally no rules and some of the people take full advantage of that.

As far as reality shows go this is top tier.
So Hunger Games in Alaska?

found a great competition reality show on Netflix. Outlast. 16 people stranded in Alaska, form teams of 4 and basically try and live and drive the other people to quit. Last person/team standing gets $1,000,000.

I've got one ep left and it's been a fantastic show. More cut throat than any reality show I've ever seen. There are literally no rules and some of the people take full advantage of that.

As far as reality shows go this is top tier.
Thanks.
I hate posting this but I did just go through it and have a story to tell. For the first few days, I learned from these shows how to cook. We didn't have power for just over a week. I set candles down inside a pot and then used the air fryer metal rack over it with a pot on top to cook the soup I had. No cell service, no nothing. straight camping in a house I'm trying to clean up. the glass is the hardest. It's still everywhere. Wood was easy to move. Water just wets stuff and moves on.
They passed out food and did door-to-door checks. I had a setup. So I told them to give elsewhere.
Been three weeks still haven't seen, my wife. All our cars are gone. She's staying with a friend on the other side of Memphis. We skype.

*don't know anyone local or regular guy friends so this is an outlet. fingers crossed this never happens again.

Last edited:
FumwVBkWcAA39ls

Thanks.
I hate posting this but I did just go through it and have a story to tell. For the first few days, I learned from these shows how to cook. We didn't have power for just over a week. I set candles down inside a pot and then used the air fryer metal rack over it with a pot on top to cook the soup I had. No cell service, no nothing. straight camping in a house I'm trying to clean up. the glass is the hardest. It's still everywhere. Wood was easy to move. Water just wets stuff and moves on.
They passed out food and did door-to-door checks. I had a setup. So I told them to give elsewhere.
Been three weeks still haven't seen, my wife. All our cars are gone. She's staying with a friend on the other side of Memphis. We skype.

*don't know anyone local or regular guy friends so this is an outlet. fingers crossed this never happens again.
WTF happened?

I think Minecraft is legitimately a top 5 game all time.

It’s such a nice change of pace when you’re burnt out on something. Just a really chill experience. And it’s basically just video game lego’s with infinite resources.

Downloaded and set up the modlist I use for Fallout New Vegas last night on my new computer. Excited to play it again. One of my all time favorites.

Ive always wanted to finish the fall out games. I was enjoying 3 greatly way back in like…2012 i wanna say. I had the GotY edition so i was playing all the dlc’s too. Had about 50 hours on it and my PS3 YLOD’d on me. Lost my save. I was never able to get motivated to go back through it. Tried several times and i don’t think i ever got more than 5 hours in.

I had just finished this really creepy dream/vr sequence in what seemed like an abandoned vault that had me really interested in the story.

Loved Fallout. whenv3 just came out on PC I got to help my elders outs around the house and stuff.
I packed up and took my PC with me so I could play fallout 3 while there.
3months of work, chores, shit and late at night Fallout 3.

Ive always wanted to finish the fall out games. I was enjoying 3 greatly way back in like…2012 i wanna say. I had the GotY edition so i was playing all the dlc’s too. Had about 50 hours on it and my PS3 YLOD’d on me. Lost my save. I was never able to get motivated to go back through it. Tried several times and i don’t think i ever got more than 5 hours in.

I had just finished this really creepy dream/vr sequence in what seemed like an abandoned vault that had me really interested in the story.

3 was good. New Vegas basically built on 3 with better characters and more meaningful choices (imo). They are definitely big time sinks to get into though. Bethesda games have just always clicked for me though. I've put >500 hours in New Vegas. Probably >1000 in Skyrim.

Went to see Guardians 3 tonight, really good. Marvel needed a win and they got one. Sucks that it's ending, by far my favorite Marvel movie series.

Endgame was the (well... endgame) for me with Marvel stuff but I'm glad to see it ended on a high note. I'll probably check it out eventually. Guardians was my favorite series as well.

It’s such a nice change of pace when you’re burnt out on something. Just a really chill experience. And it’s basically just video game lego’s with infinite resources.
I'm pretty proud of the Rupp Arena and Commonwealth Stadium I've built. Both are done from memory and pictures but there were pretty spot on.

The problem is this was on PC and a d/l'ed version. I don't have my little universe anymore.

Reactions: Montana81

Can you name 4 games better....all time?

Do y''all like racing games? I'm not really a fan but I got back to burnout for just mindless shit gaming.

Do y''all like racing games? I'm not really a fan but I got back to burnout for just mindless shit gaming.

I used to play the hell out of Gran Turismo during the ps2 era but then i tried Burnout Paradise and it kind of ruined racing games for me. I liked the arcadey open world style so much more than anything i had played previously and nothing else i’ve played even with that same style quite has the same feel of freedom that BP did. I think i put at least 1000 hours into that game.

Also this is a little off topic but made me laugh so figure i’d share. These guys do a lot of video game related content on their main channel as well.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
A man of culture I see. I am likely the same or even more, across two platforms now. The game on PC is crazy clean graphics wise. Its what you always wanted it to be, no more muddy textures.

I've bought Skyrim like 5 times at this point lol. Skyrim base on 360 when it came out, Skyrim legendary edition for 360, special edition for X1, legendary edition and special edition for PC. Need to get it modded out for my PC again now since I bought a new rig.

Playing Skyrim on launch night in group chat with someone else doing the same is literally some of the best memories I have gaming.

It's so hard to do a proper dark DC like Nolan did with Batman. It's gotta be spot on, especially with the amount of money spent. Viewers give f(ck all about the budget. make em laugh, make them watch, and if you fit it in, make them shed a tear.

The last of us was really good, Halo was complete shit. I've always wanted HBO to do a mass effect series, would never work as a movie.

I think Mass Effect would be an incredible IP to make a series with and also impossible from a budget standpoint alone (to do it right).

Reactions: tw3301
I think Mass Effect would be an incredible IP to make a series with and also impossible from a budget standpoint alone (to do it right).
That's why I said HBO is about the only place you could do it. The money they're throwing at House of the Dragon and the Last of Us, if it gets them subscriptions they'll give you the budget.

Watched the latest episode of Barry finally, it was extremely hard to get through. Next one should be much better I hope.

New Zelda comes out tomorrow. Reviews dropped today, pretty much all 10s.

The last one is probably my favorite game of all time. Put in over 230 hours into it I think.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT