ADVERTISEMENT

TV/video games/movies off season thread

Shouldn't her breast been larger?

the whole time I was thinking "wasn't she hotter"?
I get aging and that explains her wrinkles.

Reactions: tw3301
Succession last night was pretty great....Tom, Greg, and Roman killed it per usual lol

Not sure if anyone else is watching Lucky Hank (Bob Odenkirk's new show) but I think it's pretty good so far. But I'm also a college professor so it's more relevant. Not sure how well it translates to the inferiors.
Didn't realize Lucky Hank was coproduced and directed by Peter Farrelly, and written/produced by

images

Reactions: tw3301 and jhmossy
I’m still enjoying Ted Lasso. It’s gotten progressively more serious-ish but the comedy is still enough for me and the characters are interesting.

Apple TV is included free with my phone plan. Not sure I’d pay for it.

Reactions: jhmossy
In my opinion it's the greatest show of all time. A definite slow burner compared to others but in terms of characters, not sure there is anything close

Couldn't really get into it but I didn't give it much of a chance. I'll have to give it another shot.

Noting Mr fox for when the neices come over.
What was the banned book about the bunnies....need to make note of that too.
*watership down

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Couldn't really get into it but I didn't give it much of a chance. I'll have to give it another shot.

It's not for everyone. Like I said it's definitely more on the slow burner side. And hard to really get into it without posting a spoiler filled novel.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
It's not for everyone. Like I said it's definitely more on the slow burner side. And hard to really get into it without posting a spoiler filled novel.

I liked the 2nd Twin Peaks series (sort of) and it doesn't burn any slower than that.

Yeah, I've watched some of his stuff and just think the characters are weird and totally unrelatable.

I can definitely see why people don't like his style, especially in his last few. But there's no denying the creativity. I'm also partial to filmmakers that write and direct original material. He pretty much controls every aspect of the film from start to finish. As opposed to the typical hired gun director who is handed great scripts and concepts.

I liked the first season of Ted Lasso, 2nd season meh, 3rd season. I bailed. Couldn't get thru 1st episode. Tried twice. I wanted to like it. Wife show now.

Scorching hot take - but how is Ted Lasso in his 3rd season of being manager and still knows absolutely nothing about the sport he is currently managing - like it was a great angle in season 1 - but how da fuq has this guy not picked up anything

Also these Zaltan or whatever his name is goals are insulting to even the average soccer/football fan

I liked the first season of Ted Lasso, 2nd season meh, 3rd season. I bailed. Couldn't get thru 1st episode. Tried twice. I wanted to like it. Wife show now.
I haven't started this season yet, but I get that opinion. The show has definitely leaned into it's chick demographic starting last season. It's definitely more of a lady show than a man show these days.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
You couldn't get into the wire but love Wes Anderson? We have very different tastes in entertainment.
lol that's me as well. Tried the Wire about 10 years ago and couldn't get through the first season. Love all the early Wes Anderson movies.

Finished Hogwarts and started up on Resident Evil 4 Remake. Hogwarts took me 52 hours and I only completed about 80% of the total game. Skipped a few side missions that were annoying.

Overall I give it a solid 7/10. Good game with really fun combat, but like a lot of these open world games it had a lot of boring filler and you get overpowered way too quick.

I'm about 5 hours into RE4R and it is as amazing as the reviews say.

Finished Hogwarts and started up on Resident Evil 4 Remake. Hogwarts took me 52 hours and I only completed about 80% of the total game. Skipped a few side missions that were annoying.

Overall I give it a solid 7/10. Good game with really fun combat, but like a lot of these open world games it had a lot of boring filler and you get overpowered way too quick.

I'm about 5 hours into RE4R and it is as amazing as the reviews say.
Is resident evil 4 just another straight up remake?

Is resident evil 4 just another straight up remake?
it's a remake, but far from straight up. They redid the whole thing from the ground up and completely modernized it. Also took out some parts and added a bunch of new stuff.

Check out some reviews. Getting perfect scores left and right and all reviews say it stands on it's own as a 10/10 modern game without even factoring in that it's a remake.

Reactions: tw3301
@tw3301 I kind of grinded Atomic Heart yesterday and the game is getting much better as it progresses. Ammo isn't as scarce as it is at the beginning. Lots of looting involved though.

I have been enjoying this one but its pretty formulaic in nature. The seek and find quests are a bit tiring, the locks and puzzles can be fun though. And I enjoy having to vary the types of combat, and they offer some good options for just about any combo you want to run. The bosses can be tough to figure out but arent stupid hard to get past. I will probably replay it and do a ton more exploring of the world now that I have a better feel for how to actual get around and best ways to fight etc. I love the crafting system though. You can make just about anything you need and blueprints are not that hard to find. You can really make your weapons OP.

I really want to check out the HP game and from what you guys have posted sounds like I should.

Last edited:
Finished John Wick 4 last night. Was a decent ending for the series I guess. Evil French Joe Burrow as the main villain was a weak point though.

Finished John Wick 4 last night. Was a decent ending for the series I guess. Evil French Joe Burrow as the main villain was a weak point though.

I watched it last week. Decent but not the best in the franchise. I agrée on the villain. And they got a little carried away with some scenes. 10 guys shooting at him with no cover and still somehow missing was a bit much. Just seemed worse in this one than the rest. Dudes equipped with some of the best plot armor in story telling.

I was still entertained however.

Reactions: RR30
I watched it last week. Decent but not the best in the franchise. I agrée on the villain. And they got a little carried away with some scenes. 10 guys shooting at him with no cover and still somehow missing was a bit much. Just seemed worse in this one than the rest. Dudes equipped with some of the best plot armor in story telling.

I was still entertained however.

Still not sure why the dude with the dog helped him the entire time basically too? Worst fvcking bounty hunter lmao

ADVERTISEMENT