ADVERTISEMENT

TV/video games/movies off season thread

****ing Tranny supporters are shitting all over the game because JK Rowling not supporting boys competing against girls in sports or some shit. People's brains are broken.

I don’t mind if people wanna **** around with their gender as long as they’re not like…trying to trick straight people into making out with them or something. But this stuff is really hard to ignore. They’re basically trying to make the world a dumber place by blurring the lines between sex and gender because they have some kind of trauma or mental sickness they can’t figure out how to deal with in a healthier way.

The worst is when they get mad at you for yes sir’ing them when they’re CLEARLY a man but want to be “identified” as a female and you didn’t know.

Got raged at in a drive thru by one for that once. Big veiny hands, hairy forearms, massive adam’s apple, voice like James Earl Jones “i’m a woman btw”…didn’t like my “yes sir” and let me know about it when i got my food. (which i threw away because i didn’t trust their hormone therapy raging ass not to spit in something)

/tangent

my dance card of video games is essentially filled from now until probably 2025. It takes me a long time to finish a game. just finished GOW Ragnarok last week and I started it the day of release 11/8/22. Here's my list of must play games from now through June:

Hogwarts Legacy (this will take me 3-5 months to complete)

Atomic Heart (looks interesting, but will wait for reviews)

Resident Evil 4 remake (one of my all time favs, comes out 3/24/23)

Legend of Zelda BOTW sequal! (my all time favorite game, put over 200 hours into BOTW. Comes out 5/12/23 and will take me at least 6 months to complete)

Suicide Squad battles teh Justice League (will wait for reviews, comes out 5/26/23)

Diablo 4 (another one of my all time favorites, cmoes out 6/6/23 and will take me many months to complete)

Considering I only play 1 game at a time I'm looking at a really long time. No complaints though, some massive classics in that group.

I preordered Diablo 4. Diablo 2 is probably my favorite game of all time. Ive hit 99 on the first 2 ladder seasons in resurrected but i’m taking a break this season.

I’m thinking about taking a week off work for D4. If you preorder one of the special editions i think you get 3 or 4 days early access.

D3 was okay. I didn’t like it at first but that game got much better after the first few updates and i probably have over a thousand hours in it as well.

D4 looks like it’s going to resemble 2 more than 3. I’m sure it’ll be fun regardless though. Diablo is easily the best franchise in its genre however. Best loot system. Best progression. Ive always felt like Diablo rewards you for your time as well as any rpg even with the heavy rng focus.

does flying get better in the game? I just got my broom and after about 5 minutes pretty much decided to skip every flying mini game the game has to offer. Couldn't even get the thing through the rings in the tutorial.
Sounds like operator error. If you finish the challenges you can upgrade the broom but it just makes the boost last longer and you can go higher without the boost meter depleting.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
All side quests and challenges complete. No DLC coming soon so this game might be put on the shelf. I downloaded Atomic Heart but haven't played it yet.

Sounds like operator error. If you finish the challenges you can upgrade the broom but it just makes the boost last longer and you can go higher without the boost meter depleting.
yea, I figured it out second time i tried it. had the up down inverted which was messing me up.

I'm about 3 hours in. Can't decide if it's really good or just okay. It's kind of similar to the old bioshock games.
That's what it looked like to me in the trailer, I wasn't a big bioshock guy. I don't like games where I have to scrounge for ammo and conserve so I'm hoping it's not like that. Just let me blast some shit with guns and powers and I'm cool.

That's what it looked like to me in the trailer, I wasn't a big bioshock guy. I don't like games where I have to scrounge for ammo and conserve so I'm hoping it's not like that. Just let me blast some shit with guns and powers and I'm cool.

Unfortunately I think it is similar as far as ammo goes. I've been using the shock/freeze powers and melee a lot because I never seem to have enough shotgun ammo. You can craft new guns. If there's a way to craft ammo I haven't seen it yet. Still pretty good so far though, but I enjoyed the bioshock games myself.

Reactions: tw3301
Unfortunately I think it is similar as far as ammo goes. I've been using the shock/freeze powers and melee a lot because I never seem to have enough shotgun ammo. You can craft new guns. If there's a way to craft ammo I haven't seen it yet. Still pretty good so far though, but I enjoyed the bioshock games myself.
I've been watch a lot of twitch recently and it does remind me of bioshock, it still looks fun af.

What settings do you all set it at from the beginning?
Easy, Normal, Hard, Really Hard. I'm a really hard guy, I'll probably just play it once. It'll take as long as it takes.

Easy, Normal, Hard, Really Hard. I'm a really hard guy, I'll probably just play it once. It'll take as long as it takes.
Normal, always. I should replay Hogwarts on Hard though because using the curses once you've leveled them up can be combat breaking they're so over powered.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
normal always and I often drop it down to easy if I can't get by an enemy after a couple tries. I don't enjoy being challenged too much in video games.

I used to play everything on the hardest difficulty until about a year ago. Guess I'm getting too old and can't hang anymore so I've been playing normal here lately. Last game I played on the hardest difficulty was Halo Infinite.
COD 4 airplane level on the highest difficulty to get a useless Xbox achievement made me break a controller. But I did do it.

COD 4 airplane level on the highest difficulty to get a useless Xbox achievement made me break a controller. But I did do it.

Hell yea. I use to achievement hunt every game I played. When I first got a 360 my buddy bet me 50 bucks that I couldn't 100% Dark Souls. I did it and really got into achievements. I got like 200K gamerscore (embarrassing, I know) and have spent a lot of time getting some really tough/time consuming achievements.

Now, I just play through the game and whatever achievements I get the first playthrough is what I get.

Reactions: tw3301
Ninja Gaiden, Madden, and Halo are the reasons I'm a very hard guy. Ever since those three games on the OG Xbox I only play on one setting. And yes, at times it's not fun. I'll play sometimes and not make it very far in a 2 hr setting.

I have the gift card won from work and I haven't spent it yet. I'm debating on buying Hogwarts. I was a little disappointed @tw3301 blazed through it so fast.
Not sure which game I'll wait for that's not on game pass.

Not to mention some NES games were hard AF. Go back and play some life force or contra.

That was the level.

When did you all start playing? The first I remember was Pacman/gallica in a bowling alley (sit-down versions), then atari, then commodore, then nes.....I faintly remember Intellivision, I remember how the keypad buttons popped when you pressed them and had to insert the cards.

Last edited:
Do you all have favorite board games etc.
*sorry if I've asked this, but anyhow my nieces are getting older. Perfection, Operation, and connect 4 are up for the next weekend. got them all in the mail.. Can't wait until risk and D&D. I'm sure their dad has already taught them Magic. He's super gay and sucks at Risk. Ages 4-7.

Last edited:
Hell yea. I use to achievement hunt every game I played. When I first got a 360 my buddy bet me 50 bucks that I couldn't 100% Dark Souls. I did it and really got into achievements. I got like 200K gamerscore (embarrassing, I know) and have spent a lot of time getting some really tough/time consuming achievements.

Now, I just play through the game and whatever achievements I get the first playthrough is what I get.
lol, I've never once looked at my achievements or whatever they call it on PS.

When did you all start playing? The first I remember was Pacman/gallica in a bowling alley (sit-down versions), then atari, then commodore, then nes.....I faintly remember Intellivision, I remember how the keypad buttons popped when you pressed them and had to insert the cards.
my first game was the stand alone home version of Pong. Still remember playing it with my older brother. From there, Atari, ColecoVision, Sega Genesis and then I took about 10-15 years off before getting back into it with PS2.

I also remember lining up my quarter on the Spaces Invader game at the ice rink my team played at. Would be 10 quarters deep lined up for a turn.

@TheDude1 and @lurkeraspect84 you gotta check out Drive to Survive on Netflix. It's a docu series that goes season by season in F1 racing. I've never followed F1 or any racing sport, but someone told me to watch this show and that person was right. The show is fantastic and it made me want to follow the sport. But, in the end, i decided not to follow the sport because the show is so good I don't want to be spoiled as to what is happening when I watch it. I think they are in season 4 now and all seasons have been fantastic.

As for Cheer, yes you are correct it is as reality show about competitive cheer leading. Sounds dumb, but just like any sports docu series that is well done, it really doens't matter what the sport is for it to be a great show. And Cheer is a great show.
I'm guessing you've watched the new season. I'm about to lay into it. Straight binge. I'm off until Wednesday. Have a funeral to attend on Sunday, but right now I'm gonna watch this and then get some gaming in. Gaming being Halo. I still haven't beat it.

watching this show "drive to survive" makes me want to play Halo. the drive is what I need when I start playing halo and get my ass kicked for 2 hours straight.
takes a big chin to take one on it.

Infinite.

I thought Infinites campaign was good. Best one 343 has made but still not as good as Bungie's Halos.

If I had to rank them by campaigns

Halo 2 (great)
Halo 3 (great)
Halo CE (great)
Halo Reach (good)
Halo infinite (good)
Halo 4 (average)
Halo 5 (dogshit)

If I had to rank them by multi-player

Halo 3 (great)
Halo 2 (great)
Halo CE (great)
Halo infinite (good)
Halo Reach (good)
Halo 5 (good)
Halo 4 (dogshit)

Wouldn't recommend playing Hogwarts on Hard. It's a pain in the ass and just takes forever to take out a troll or boss. Becomes super repetitive. I'm going to finish it because I started it but not nearly as fun as normal difficulty.

All side quests and challenges complete. No DLC coming soon so this game might be put on the shelf. I downloaded Atomic Heart but haven't played it yet.

How long did it take you complete Hogwarts? I'm 19 hours in and feel like I'm just getting started.

Not to mention some NES games were hard AF. Go back and play some life force or contra.

That was the level.
Contra is and will always be my favorite NES game. Hard as hell to beat but after the first time I got to where I could beat it without using more than one or two life’s. I’ll also never forget the cheat code to get 100 men.

Contra is and will always be my favorite NES game. Hard as hell to beat but after the first time I got to where I could beat it without using more than one or two life’s. I’ll also never forget the cheat code to get 100 men.
I put so many hours into that game without using the cheatcode

Same! I always put it in out of habit but hardly ever did I have to use more than a couple of life’s to beat it. What was your favorite level?

How long did it take you complete Hogwarts? I'm 19 hours in and feel like I'm just getting started.
Maybe 28. Beat it on hard difficulty as well on a second playthrough, that one much quicker because you can skip dialogue. If I did a quick playthrough on normal I could beat the main story in maybe 16 hours.

ADVERTISEMENT