ADVERTISEMENT

TV/video games/movies off season thread

@tw3301 I kind of grinded Atomic Heart yesterday and the game is getting much better as it progresses. Ammo isn't as scarce as it is at the beginning. Lots of looting involved though.

I am enjoying this one as well, but find the hunt quests a bit much. Its always find this or that, I am currently putting some robot lady back together. I had to have my son do the snake mini game for me to get one part she had me looking for. Fun game though, enjoyed the first boss fight in the park, and the Russian propo is kind of funny as well.

Resident Evil 4 was easily one of the my 5 favorite games of all time. The remake comes out this week. Reviews are in and I don't think I've seen anyone give it a less than perfect score. IGN called it a masterpiece.

Not sure when I'll get to play it. I'm 33 hours into Hogwarts and feels like I still have about 60% of the game to get through.

Who is going to see John Wick 4?

Reviews say it may be the best one yet. Pretty excited for it.

I haven’t been to a theatre since covid. But i might break that drought for john wick 4. It looks amazing. Has a great cast too. Adkins, Donnie Yen, Skarsgard, Hiroyuki Sanada. Pretty safe bet to be really good.

RIP Lance Reddick though. I’ll always think of him as zavala from destiny even though the first john wick came before that, i didn’t see it till well after. So when Charon first spoke in the first John Wick i immediately said out loud “that’s zavala”. Such a distinct voice. Terrific job voice acting in the Destiny games. Kind of sad knowing any knew lines from that character will be someone else now.

As a big The Wire guy, Lance Reddick is iconic to me. Him passing is so damn sad. Cedric Daniels forever

Resident Evil 4 was easily one of the my 5 favorite games of all time. The remake comes out this week. Reviews are in and I don't think I've seen anyone give it a less than perfect score. IGN called it a masterpiece.

Not sure when I'll get to play it. I'm 33 hours into Hogwarts and feels like I still have about 60% of the game to get through.

I gotta get back to Hogwarts. I played for 10 hours release week and haven't been back lol.

As a big The Wire guy, Lance Reddick is iconic to me. Him passing is so damn sad. Cedric Daniels forever

I gotta get back to Hogwarts. I played for 10 hours release week and haven't been back lol.
I haven’t been to a theatre since covid. But i might break that drought for john wick 4. It looks amazing. Has a great cast too. Adkins, Donnie Yen, Skarsgard, Hiroyuki Sanada. Pretty safe bet to be really good.

RIP Lance Reddick though. I’ll always think of him as zavala from destiny even though the first john wick came before that, i didn’t see it till well after. So when Charon first spoke in the first John Wick i immediately said out loud “that’s zavala”. Such a distinct voice. Terrific job voice acting in the Destiny games. Kind of sad knowing any knew lines from that character will be someone else now.
He will always be from The Wire for me also. Probably depends on how old you are.

I also need to get back to Hogwarts. I logged 40 hours and then got busy. I got busy exploring and have barely touched the main story.

He will always be from The Wire for me also. Probably depends on how old you are.

I also need to get back to Hogwarts. I logged 40 hours and then got busy. I got busy exploring and have barely touched the main story.

Lost him and Michael K Williams the last couple years. Maybe the two most iconic characters (definitely in Omar's case) in the show. Brutal.

Yeah I have barely touched the main story too. I unlocked the broom which was the last thing I think. Just running/flying around Hogwarts/Hogsmeade is cool as hell.

Lost him and Michael K Williams the last couple years. Maybe the two most iconic characters (definitely in Omar's case) in the show. Brutal.

Yeah I have barely touched the main story too. I unlocked the broom which was the last thing I think. Just running/flying around Hogwarts/Hogsmeade is cool as hell.
Yeah once you get the broom you can explore forever lol. I've probably over leveled at this point. Maybe the enemies scale though. I don't remember.

Reactions: RR30
Yeah once you get the broom you can explore forever lol. I've probably over leveled at this point. Maybe the enemies scale though. I don't remember.

but if you're just exploring you're not opening up all the spells. Did you at least find enough of the demiguise statues to open up level 2 lock picking?

I do a mix of quests + exploring. usually do a quest and if it takes me somewhere out in the world I'll explore any icons I see on the way. I'm 33 hours in and just opened bombardament spell. Still only have 1 of the evil spells unlocked.

Gonna try and plow through a lot of the game this weekend. really want to get cracking on Resident Evil 4. Especially with the biggest game of the year coming out beginning of May.......Zelda BOTW2. Followed by 2nd biggest game of the year coming out in June...Diablo 4.

Reactions: Necessary Roughness
but if you're just exploring you're not opening up all the spells. Did you at least find enough of the demiguise statues to open up level 2 lock picking?

I do a mix of quests + exploring. usually do a quest and if it takes me somewhere out in the world I'll explore any icons I see on the way. I'm 33 hours in and just opened bombardament spell. Still only have 1 of the evil spells unlocked.

Gonna try and plow through a lot of the game this weekend. really want to get cracking on Resident Evil 4. Especially with the biggest game of the year coming out beginning of May.......Zelda BOTW2. Followed by 2nd biggest game of the year coming out in June...Diablo 4.
No, lol. I have some spells due to my level. But, I can't open locks yet. I guess I better jump into the story more.

They do not scale unless it's been updated. I beat the game on normal then beat it on hard but did a bunch of side missions and challenges before I did a majority of the main story on hard... It was a joke. Final battle lasted about 3 minutes and I died multiple times on normal. Some of that is knowing how it plays but I had all 5 slots of "ancient magic" which is devastating at almost maxed out levels. Also if you fully upgrade your gear like I did second play through you will be a monster. I could kill level 30+ enemies with 3 regular attacks or 1 damaging spell.

They do not scale unless it's been updated. I beat the game on normal then beat it on hard but did a bunch of side missions and challenges before I did a majority of the main story on hard... It was a joke. Final battle lasted about 3 minutes and I died multiple times on normal. Some of that is knowing how it plays but I had all 5 slots of "ancient magic" which is devastating at almost maxed out levels. Also if you fully upgrade your gear like I did second play through you will be a monster. I could kill level 30+ enemies with 3 regular attacks or 1 damaging spell.
I thought so. That's a bit disappointing.

Born in 81 but never watched The Wire. Might have to check it out.

In my opinion it's the greatest show of all time. A definite slow burner compared to others but in terms of characters, not sure there is anything close
It's the most realistic tv show of all time. Seems dated now but still ****ing awesome. If you're looking for gun fights every episode this isn't your show.

We are the same age. You need to pay for HBO Max and watch it and Sopranos if you have never seen it either.

I bounced off of Sopranos pretty quick tbh. Not saying it's a bad show at all, but reading all the plaudits everywhere on the internet I was disappointed.

It's the most realistic tv show of all time. Seems dated now but still ****ing awesome. If you're looking for gun fights every episode this isn't your show.

Completely agree except for
Omar going superman out a window in s4 (I think?)

Reactions: tw3301
I bounced off of Sopranos pretty quick tbh. Not saying it's a bad show at all, but reading all the plaudits everywhere on the internet I was disappointed.

Completely agree except for
Omar going superman out a window in s4 (I think?)
You could survive that, he did break his leg. But it made me, a white guy from the suburbs of southwestern Ohio, actually feel bad about the system in Baltimore. That says a lot.

Succession last night was pretty great....Tom, Greg, and Roman killed it per usual lol

Not sure if anyone else is watching Lucky Hank (Bob Odenkirk's new show) but I think it's pretty good so far. But I'm also a college professor so it's more relevant. Not sure how well it translates to the inferiors.

Succession last night was pretty great....Tom, Greg, and Roman killed it per usual lol

Not sure if anyone else is watching Lucky Hank (Bob Odenkirk's new show) but I think it's pretty good so far. But I'm also a college professor so it's more relevant. Not sure how well it translates to the inferiors.
Feel like shiv gained 30 pounds between seasons. She was always a little thick but yikes.

Succession is so good. Conner’s 1% had me dying. Also Greg roasting Logan was fn hilarious.

Went to SIU (same as odenkirk) so interested in where it goes. Watched the first episode. The faculty was a little much, almost made me quit watching. Look, I’m a liberal and all for the most part, but do we really need to represent every type of person in every show now. However, it’s an English faculty so bound to be plenty of weirdos.

I rewatched final episode of season 3 to prepare and she was pretty thick in the white dress in that episode. Not sure why some people think she’s attractive. She’s a pale, portly ginger.

FYI on YouTube they got these great season recaps of pretty much every show. Sums up an entire season in 20 minutes. Great way to refresh your memory about a show.

Succession is so good. Conner’s 1% had me dying. Also Greg roasting Logan was fn hilarious.

Went to SIU (same as odenkirk) so interested in where it goes. Watched the first episode. The faculty was a little much, almost made me quit watching. Look, I’m a liberal and all for the most part, but do we really need to represent every type of person in every show now. However, it’s an English faculty so bound to be plenty of weirdos.
I loved this episode. Picks right back up.

I got it, but not yet. Actually, I have a bit. Might squeeze it in right now.

So then I doubt she was when they filmed season 4. 🤷🏻‍♂️. Just a thicker girl. Nothing wrong w that, just not my cup of tea.

My detective work says it was filmed from June to sometime in January 2023. So less than 2 months ago they were filming. Typical times for baby bumps puts her pregnant while filming.

Or just this......

Snook is currently 32 weeks along and due in mid-May, meaning she was pregnant while filming Succession, though she wasn’t far enough along for it to be an issue. “You couldn't tell,” she said. “It's not super big at the moment still.” https://www.wmagazine.com/culture/sarah-snook-pregnancy-first-child-succession-season-4-premiere

F
or reference this is her at the premier.
37f38862-c48a-425f-af3f-8393f7232421-getty-1248920366.jpg

Reactions: 829305
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT