ADVERTISEMENT

TV/video games/movies off season thread

I don't like hard games to that's a no from me dog. Never tried any Souls game cause I know I would hate them. I'm the kind of gamer that if I can't beat a boss after 2 tries I turn the difficulty down.
Depends on the game play on hard games. One of my all time favorite moments in gameplay was Ninja Gaiden series on the hardest level. I was a f'n master at the end. poetry. I would kick any ass here on DOA with any charcater. or beat you in volleyball. I loved those games.

my dance card of video games is essentially filled from now until probably 2025. It takes me a long time to finish a game. just finished GOW Ragnarok last week and I started it the day of release 11/8/22. Here's my list of must play games from now through June:

Hogwarts Legacy (this will take me 3-5 months to complete)

Atomic Heart (looks interesting, but will wait for reviews)

Resident Evil 4 remake (one of my all time favs, comes out 3/24/23)

Legend of Zelda BOTW sequal! (my all time favorite game, put over 200 hours into BOTW. Comes out 5/12/23 and will take me at least 6 months to complete)

Suicide Squad battles teh Justice League (will wait for reviews, comes out 5/26/23)

Diablo 4 (another one of my all time favorites, cmoes out 6/6/23 and will take me many months to complete)

Considering I only play 1 game at a time I'm looking at a really long time. No complaints though, some massive classics in that group.

Speaking about playing on the hardest difficulty, it got me thinking about what the toughest gaming challenge that's been completed before.

It has to either be...

The guy that beat every Dark Souls game, Sekiro, and Elden Ring in one playthrough without getting hit once. Think it took him like 8 months because every time he got hit he reset to the beginning of the first game.

Or

The guy that won 20K from beating Halo 2 Legendary with all skulls on without dying once.

I'm sure there's been some other hard stuff that's been done but those two are just crazy to me because I know how difficult both are to do regularly. Imagine doing it without getting hit or without dying once.

sure if you have a high end PC. Even then though, you won't get the PS5 exclusive content.
300px-Buddy_christ.jpg

Anyone watching the second season of Your Honor? The mobster boss's wife might be more unlikable than Skylar White.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Been glazing over the last of us talk.

I think it's time. Gonna get caught up with the wife this weekend. She has no idea about any of it but loves this type shit. Maybe do some old-school popcorn.

Speaking about playing on the hardest difficulty, it got me thinking about what the toughest gaming challenge that's been completed before.

It has to either be...

The guy that beat every Dark Souls game, Sekiro, and Elden Ring in one playthrough without getting hit once. Think it took him like 8 months because every time he got hit he reset to the beginning of the first game.

Or

The guy that won 20K from beating Halo 2 Legendary with all skulls on without dying once.

I'm sure there's been some other hard stuff that's been done but those two are just crazy to me because I know how difficult both are to do regularly. Imagine doing it without getting hit or without dying once.
I could beat Super Mario without taking the warp holes. Straight through. One life.

Contra on the other hand. I could use the cheat code and still have problems.

metalocalypse-brutal.gif

Couple hours in, can't give a review yet but so far if you're not a Harry Potter fan it's not for you. Takes awhile to get through the whole sorting hat/Hogwarts nostalgia before getting into real gameplay. But I do like it.
I started it last night as well. Made it to the part where I picked my house (Go Ravenclaw!) nd then I shut it down for the night. I'm 45 minutes in.

The character creation is a waste of time. Literally everyone looks the same. The boys and girls look identical and the white people and black people look identical. I knew this going in from a review i watched so it wasn't surprising. Just went with the default choice because it doesn't matter.

Took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to flip the left and right joy stick. They had it defaulted to where you control the camera with the left and you move with the right. Never played with controls like that in decades of gaming.

Looking forward to slogging my way through the rest of the game opening and getting to the open world.

I started it last night as well. Made it to the part where I picked my house (Go Ravenclaw!) nd then I shut it down for the night. I'm 45 minutes in.

The character creation is a waste of time. Literally everyone looks the same. The boys and girls look identical and the white people and black people look identical. I knew this going in from a review i watched so it wasn't surprising. Just went with the default choice because it doesn't matter.

Took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to flip the left and right joy stick. They had it defaulted to where you control the camera with the left and you move with the right. Never played with controls like that in decades of gaming.

Looking forward to slogging my way through the rest of the game opening and getting to the open world.
I don't know if you can go evil but I'm trying, full Slytherin.

I'm about 8 hours in, would say Hogwarts is a solid buy. Tons of content and good gameplay, puzzle solving, etc. I don't know if you can go full dark but you can learn all 3 unforgivable curses (not at that level yet). I'm enjoying the shit out of it, not exactly Red Dead redemption 2 but seems to be close as far as single player content.

I'm about 8 hours in, would say Hogwarts is a solid buy. Tons of content and good gameplay, puzzle solving, etc. I don't know if you can go full dark but you can learn all 3 unforgivable curses (not at that level yet). I'm enjoying the shit out of it, not exactly Red Dead redemption 2 but seems to be close as far as single player content.
damn you got far. I made it 2 hours in, just got past the part where I went to Hogsmeade for the first time, got my supplies and fought a troll.

How many hours in before the game opens up?

Very interesting game. i think I heard that it's by a developer that hasn't done much in the past. pretty amazing that they got so much right on such a big game. that said, it definitely has some technical issues that make it obvious that the developers were rough aroudn the edges. The camera is way too close to the main character for one. It's unsettling and so far very tough to get used to. The kind of thing that could eventually cause me to quit the game if I can't get used to it.

Player movement is a bit janky as well. I heard there were settings you could change to make that better, but I need to look into that.

damn you got far. I made it 2 hours in, just got past the part where I went to Hogsmeade for the first time, got my supplies and fought a troll.

How many hours in before the game opens up?

Very interesting game. i think I heard that it's by a developer that hasn't done much in the past. pretty amazing that they got so much right on such a big game. that said, it definitely has some technical issues that make it obvious that the developers were rough aroudn the edges. The camera is way too close to the main character for one. It's unsettling and so far very tough to get used to. The kind of thing that could eventually cause me to quit the game if I can't get used to it.

Player movement is a bit janky as well. I heard there were settings you could change to make that better, but I need to look into that.
You're close, you have to learn some spells before it opens up or you'd just get throttled. I've heard the complaints about the camera angle but it has never bothered me except going up and down spiral staircases. I'm way into it, I've learned every spell and 2 out of 3 of the unforgivable curses. Piece of advice, go to the broom flying class ASAP and then go buy a broom. It makes traveling around so much quicker.

Also the ****ing battles have gotten much more intense the later I've gotten in the game so I'm using the **** out of the imperious curse... If you decide to not learn the unforgivable curses this game is going to be much more difficult because they come in very handy.

Won a free copy on Tuesday. I brought up the game and baited some into a side bet.
I would tell you how but guessing you don't want the 9 months, just the baby.
I technically won two copies of the game. They are going in halves.
Will start playing this weekend.
I won't be "flying through the game like tw3301. Although that's great advice on the broom.

Last edited:
Reactions: tw3301
Watched a lot of twitch last night. all playing Hogwarts. One guy, super fun, gay as the day is long, sang show tunes during the entire time. huge UK bear. Another, I guess early 60's Asian chick. They both had a blast. They were all over the place so I really didn't pick anything up. Both had to put the sticks down to go to bed.

Reactions: tw3301
I've beaten Hogwarts, still a solid buy but the ending makes literally no difference. Go evil or good, it's the same.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I've beaten Hogwarts, still a solid buy but the ending makes literally no difference. Go evil or good, it's the same.
You already beat it? How many hours you put in? I imagine you still have a ton of side missions left to do?

You already beat it? How many hours you put in? I imagine you still have a ton of side missions left to do?
Like 28, did a lot of side missions but there's still a lot left. Just now figured out I could put my hood up so still finding shit out.

Won a free copy on Tuesday. I brought up the game and baited some into a side bet.
I would tell you how but guessing you don't want the 9 months, just the baby.
I technically won two copies of the game. They are going in halves.
Will start playing this weekend.
I won't be "flying through the game like tw3301. Although that's great advice on the broom.
Play it yet?

Like 28, did a lot of side missions but there's still a lot left. Just now figured out I could put my hood up so still finding shit out.

does flying get better in the game? I just got my broom and after about 5 minutes pretty much decided to skip every flying mini game the game has to offer. Couldn't even get the thing through the rings in the tutorial.

ADVERTISEMENT