ADVERTISEMENT

Trump

What a useless bureaucrat. Anything you don't agree with could be construed as misinformation. What happens when your party isn't in power, though? Then your ideas could be regulated, just the same.

Its going to get worse (censorship), but it's been going on for awhile.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I think conspiracy theories are interesting to read and used to love going down rabbit holes. You can't find a majority of the old YouTube videos anymore. I don't know if they still exist and have just been pushed so far down the algorithm you can't find them anymore, or if they fully censored/deleted them. When you search some of the old conspiracy theories on Google, you come up with blanks in the search engine also. A lot of the big media companies have been censoring stuff for awhile now. I know some stuff can be a bit dangerous because some people blindly believe anything they're told, but censoring everything is even more dangerous in my opinion.

I dont think it will be that long (20 or so years from now) before you're being fed only information that the government wants you to see. There won't be freedom of speech or expression on the internet. Sadly, a lot of the population will blindly accept it because they'll be told it's for their safety or for the good of humankind or some bullshit.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
I dont think it will be that long (20 or so years from now) before you're being fed only information that the government wants you to see. There won't be freedom of speech or expression on the internet. Sadly, a lot of the population will blindly accept it because they'll be told it's for their safety or for the good of humankind or some bullshit.
It's largely to that point already. We aren't far behind North Korea in that regard.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I think conspiracy theories are interesting to read and used to love going down rabbit holes. You can't find a majority of the old YouTube videos anymore. I don't know if they still exist and have just been pushed so far down the algorithm you can't find them anymore, or if they fully censored/deleted them. When you search some of the old conspiracy theories on Google, you come up with blanks in the search engine also. A lot of the big media companies have been censoring stuff for awhile now. I know some stuff can be a bit dangerous because some people blindly believe anything they're told, but censoring everything is even more dangerous in my opinion.

Speaking of something they accused us of just being conspiracy theorists for.....

• Wow
Reactions: dukedevilz
This isnt directed at anyone in particular.....

The thing with the economy is how people can't relate to people outside of their economic group. It's amazing online how people who are considered well off downplay the effects of inflation and how the economy is.

There are literally people admitting they can't afford to buy a home, have had to cut back on luxuries, and cut back on food spending(eating out , etc ...) to get by but they say things are fine.

Sure you don't have it so bad, but there are MILLIONS of people who can't cut back. People on fixed incomes(retirement, social security, etc ...) have have been losing purchasing power for years and its hard to cut back any more.

Neither side is going to completely fix things but we can at least be realistic about what is happening.

The thing with the economy is how people can't relate to people outside of their economic group. It's amazing online how people who are considered well off downplay the effects of inflation and how the economy is.

There are literally people admitting they can't afford to buy a home, have had to cut back on luxuries, and cut back on food spending(eating out , etc ...) to get by but they say things are fine.

Sure you don't have it so bad, but there are MILLIONS of people who can't cut back. People on fixed incomes(retirement, social security, etc ...) have have been losing purchasing power for years and its hard to cut back any more.

Neither side is going to completely fix things but we can at least be realistic about what is happening.

I've got money, not super loaded but I do well enough. That said, the economy has caused me to make some cutbacks. For instance, I give my dogs fruits and veggies for treats, but lately I've stopped buying the organic versions.

I see it every day with ppl's net-to-debt income. Some folks I wonder why they're buying something when what they're trading in is perfectly fine. A lot of them paid off.

Reactions: I am stupid
I don't understand how it's a close race when RFK went to Trump. Didn't he have like 5% of the vote? Explain it to me like I'm 8, if someone doesn't mind. TIA.

I don't understand how it's a close race when RFK went to Trump. Didn't he have like 5% of the vote? Explain it to me like I'm 8, if someone doesn't mind. TIA.
Well, first you have to consider the ~18MM undocumented immigrants that the Dems are feeding and housing for free in an effort to persuade them to vote their way (whether legal or not). Then you throw in the underlying reason they are trying to keep the SAVE Act from passing (I think we all know what that is). Oh, and did I mention the weaponization of the DOJ against the Republican candidate to attempt to discredit him.

Do all that and then just trust that enough of the American public is dumb enough to accept that the Democrat candidate will figure it out even though she still hasn't published a full policy platform and that which she has shared was largely borrowed from the Republican candidate and a complete 180 from her position when running for President herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 829305 and Deepelm
Or maybe it's not close. Candidly, these polls are all over the place so it's hard to know what to trust.

We're basically there. Many talking heads are propaganda mouthpieces (Project Mockingbird was exposed by Bernstein in 70s--it was mainstream news). And social media platforms/search engines like Google have been censoring and blacklisting "dissidents" for years.

If you search Google for info on Covid vaccines, all you'll see is the standard "very safe/side effects are extremely rare" propaganda, despite zillions of studies and official data that tell another story.

It’s not additive. RFK’s voters don’t become Trump voters because RFK endorsed Trump. It’ll be some kind of split between Harris and Trump. Could be 80/20. Could be 50/50. Could be a big chunk just won’t vote now. Hard to say.

Well, first you have to consider the ~18MM undocumented immigrants that the Dems are feeding and housing for free in an effort to persuade them to vote their way (whether legal or not). Then you throw in the underlying reason they are trying to keep the SAVE Act from passing (I think we all know what that is). Oh, and did I mention the weaponization of the DOJ against the Republican candidate to attempt to discredit him.

Do all that and then just trust that enough of the American public is dumb enough to accept that the Democrat candidate will figure it out even though she still hasn't published a full policy platform and that which she has shared was largely borrowed from the Republican candidate and a complete 180 from her position when running for President herself.

If at least half of this was based on reality, you’d have a hell of a point.

For those who don't know, brooky is our resident expert on everything. He will destroy your talking points without ever providing an ounce of rebuttal. That's how good he is.

• Haha
Reactions: boilerzz
I see it every day with ppl's net-to-debt income. Some folks I wonder why they're buying something when what they're trading in is perfectly fine. A lot of them paid off.
Credit card debt in the U.S. is at astronomical highs. That is something that won't really show on the surface for a while. Truth is, even for people who feel somewhat comfortable for short term slow downs (like me) this environment is not sustainable. Right now the economy is lipstick on a pig.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Credit card debt in the U.S. is at astronomical highs. That is something that won't really show on the surface for a while. Truth is, even for people who feel somewhat comfortable for short term slow downs (like me) this environment is not sustainable. Right now the economy is lipstick on a pig.
I don't this is hyperbole at all, but 90% of people who have 30-day late payments on their credit reports are due to credit cards and recent.

You have to be a full 30/60/90 days late for it to show up. There's a lot of 30 days. Perfect credit for years until recently.

There's no doubt folks are hurting. Even though I'm on commission, I've dialed back a lot for those people.

It’s not additive. RFK’s voters don’t become Trump voters because RFK endorsed Trump. It’ll be some kind of split between Harris and Trump. Could be 80/20. Could be 50/50. Could be a big chunk just won’t vote now. Hard to say.
I figured it would be 80/20, which then I went with the whole math thing.

Have this sneaking suspicion that Kamala is going to win this election. It feels different than 2016. I wasn't sure then either, but I thought Trump might take it. Polls seem kinda useless after 2016 stated Hillary had it in the bag.

Reactions: I am stupid
Unfortunately this election is now over.

Buckle up, because things will change drastically and become worse for our children moving forward.

The left will change SCOTUS and go far far left with these two idiots in the WH.

• Haha
Reactions: bignish and Deepelm
Unfortunately this election is now over.

Buckle up, because things will change drastically and become worse for our children moving forward.

The left will change SCOTUS and go far far left with these two idiots in the WH.
Nah, last night's 'argument' isn't changing anyone's mind. He shouldn't have let her piss him off, but he landed the blows that mattered, especially in his closing statement.

A few thoughts on the debate:
  • Kamala surprised me with how well prepared she was. Her overlords did a great job of feeding her talking points and she shared them better than expected
  • Trump let his emotions get to him more than he should have. He dwelled too much on the past and didn't spend enough time presenting his plan for the future
  • The "moderators" were brutal with their bias. We knew they would be but it was worse than expected.

At the end of the day, last night did nothing to alter opinions of 95% of voters. But the critical 5% probably leans a bit more Kamala than before and I'm surprised.

A few thoughts on the debate:
  • Kamala surprised me with how well prepared she was. Her overlords did a great job of feeding her talking points and she shared them better than expected
  • Trump let his emotions get to him more than he should have. He dwelled too much on the past and didn't spend enough time presenting his plan for the future
  • The "moderators" were brutal with their bias. We knew they would be but it was worse than expected.

At the end of the day, last night did nothing to alter opinions of 95% of voters. But the critical 5% probably leans a bit more Kamala than before and I'm surprised.
Kamala was definitely spoon fed those questions and answers well in advance and had the mods backing her up. That's the reason she declined to debate on Fox News. I wish we could have an unscripted town hall type debate where they take random questions from people off the cuff with no time to fabricate bullshit answers. Stop dancing around questions without actually answering them and instead changing the subject, as all politicians are pros at. Just answer the ****ing questions. Trump always gets too emo and reverts to childish name-calling and dwells on the past. If it wasn't for petty nonsense like that he'd be in office right now and someone else would be debating in his place to be the next President.

Nah, last night's 'argument' isn't changing anyone's mind. He shouldn't have let her piss him off, but he landed the blows that mattered, especially in his closing statement.
is anyone still watching during the closing statement?

I was very disappointed in Trump and ABC last night. Both let Kamala off the hook repeatedly. She answered about 2 questions all night and when she lied and said she would circle back to the question but didn't, ABC never followed up and repeated the question (something they did repeatedly with Trump).

He should've hit her hard on her total flip flop since 2020 and what a radical liberal she was/is, but instead he chose to argue with her about the crowd size at his rallys.

Got her good on immigration, but should've hit her hard on her flip flop on the need for a wall.

Should've hit her repeatedly every time he spoke about how she has been in charge for 3.5 years and did nothing but ruin the country. He talked about that, but it should've been mentioned non stop similar to what he did with immigration.

Have this sneaking suspicion that Kamala is going to win this election. It feels different than 2016. I wasn't sure then either, but I thought Trump might take it. Polls seem kinda useless after 2016 stated Hillary had it in the bag.
Yeah. I get a strong sense of dread thinking about it. The American voting populace is quite idiotic. That leads to bad things for us that are educated, tax paying, nation loving citizens. It’s too easy to vote. Should have to have skin in the game. Shouldn’t be allowed to vote if you don’t pay taxes.

Yeah. I get a strong sense of dread thinking about it. The American voting populace is quite idiotic. That leads to bad things for us that are educated, tax paying, nation loving citizens. It’s too easy to vote. Should have to have skin in the game. Shouldn’t be allowed to vote if you don’t pay taxes.
Like that @Deepelm guy? I heard he doesn't pay taxes and eats dogs.

I really can't believe Trump brought up the Haitians eating pets thing. I mean, the memes have been hilarious, but on the debate stage without concrete evidence? Come on, man. Hahaha

is anyone still watching during the closing statement?

I was very disappointed in Trump and ABC last night. Both let Kamala off the hook repeatedly. She answered about 2 questions all night and when she lied and said she would circle back to the question but didn't, ABC never followed up and repeated the question (something they did repeatedly with Trump).

He should've hit her hard on her total flip flop since 2020 and what a radical liberal she was/is, but instead he chose to argue with her about the crowd size at his rallys.

Got her good on immigration, but should've hit her hard on her flip flop on the need for a wall.

Should've hit her repeatedly every time he spoke about how she has been in charge for 3.5 years and did nothing but ruin the country. He talked about that, but it should've been mentioned non stop similar to what he did with immigration.
I also think he should’ve kept the theme with “She is Biden.”

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Don’t forget sucks cock.
ric-flair-woo.gif

ADVERTISEMENT