ADVERTISEMENT

To all of the Kentucky guys/gals

rockycard

Jan 8, 2007
I hope that you and your families are safe from the tornadoes. What tragic news to wake up to. I actually got up and started getting pissed about last nights game until I saw the news. Things like this puts things in perspective, always treasure your friends and family.

Yes indeed. I'm still up, haven't been to bed. Decided to crack some beers and watch the coverage. Lexington looked like it was going to get a direct hit for a long part of the evening. Thankfully we've only had torrential rains, 50-60 mph winds, thunder and lightning, and reports of hail all over south Lexington.

Western Kentucky is who needs everyone thoughts and prayers. Absolutely devastated.

Louisville looks like fared pretty well all things considered.

Yes indeed. I'm still up, haven't been to bed. Decided to crack some beers and watch the coverage. Lexington looked like it was going to get a direct hit for a long part of the evening. Thankfully we've only had torrential rains, 50-60 mph winds, thunder and lightning, and reports of hail all over south Lexington.

Western Kentucky is who needs everyone thoughts and prayers. Absolutely devastated.

We just had the torrential rains and high winds, thank goodness.

Reactions: CB3UK
We just had the torrential rains and high winds, thank goodness.
That's all for us too so far thank the Lord. It's getting a lot worse out here right now. I think we're going to at least avoid any tornado activity. They're talking about possible tornado activity around Richmond and Berea right now though

Reactions: rockycard
Yeah, hope everyone was able to stay safe. I'm in Louisville and we didn't get it too bad. I have a cousin who lives in Mayfield and they had to take up shelter in the high school.

Reactions: rockycard
I'm in Northern Kentucky so we only got high winds/rain but some of those pictures out of the western part of the state are just devastating, man. Going to probably end up >100 deaths.

Yes my county got super lucky (trigg) bit it devastated just north of us. Princeton/caldwell and mayfield/graves got absolutely wrecked. Marshall county too. Moors arena looks like a trash landfill its demolished.

Yeah, hope everyone was able to stay safe. I'm in Louisville and we didn't get it too bad. I have a cousin who lives in Mayfield and they had to take up shelter in the high school.
Inlive in wky and mayfield seems to got the worst, but princeton got hit hard too it just hit the country club and some neighborhoods in princeton moreso than the actual city. My friend lives in green point princeton(subdivision) and he lost both vehicles and his wifes sister lost their house. Insane

Last edited:
I hope that you and your families are safe from the tornadoes. What tragic news to wake up to. I actually got up and started getting pissed about last nights game until I saw the news. Things like this puts things in perspective, always treasure your friends and family.
I had no idea it was that bad...I did a 5th/6th grade tourney at 9am on Sat morning...Just 3 games. On my way home, I heard , "worst disaster ever"....I was like, WTF, happened? Pulled off to side of road, and got on phone.....Made me sick.

Prayers to every family in the state that was impacted.

Yes my county got super lucky (trigg) bit it devastated just north of us. Princeton/caldwell and mayfield/graves got absolutely wrecked. Marshall county too. Moors arena looks like a trash landfill its demolished.
It's all so flat down there. Nothing to stop it from just making a straight run.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Depends on the area. Lexington area to cincy has limestone. South Eastern ky has clay, shale and coal.

Heres a good link to a graphic. I wasn't sure what western ky had. Looks like clay, sand and gravel.
kygeo.jpg

They are putting up all the people who lost their houses in the various local state park hotel/lodges. Dawson springs(super small town) also got hit very haas well.

I read the tornado stayed on the ground for about 200 miles from arky to almosy louisville. Ive never heard of such, i thought they just touched down for a few mins, not hours. Even at 100mph thats 2 hours on the ground. (If true, getting real news is a bitch)

They are putting up all the people who lost their houses in the various local state park hotel/lodges. Dawson springs(super small town) also got hit very haas well.

I read the tornado stayed on the ground for about 200 miles from arky to almosy louisville. Ive never heard of such, i thought they just touched down for a few mins, not hours. Even at 100mph thats 2 hours on the ground. (If true, getting real news is a bitch)

200 miles is fvcking crazy

d3ec2a42-5edc-4be7-80d6-1df837424789-Ky_tornado_path.jpg

It was well on its way to at least Bullitt County. Which is where I am.

My county,trigg, is the one just below princeton, on the tn line, our small city is called cadiz. We got soooooooo lucky.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I feel for those affected by the tornadoes. Some of those folks will develope ptsd from them. I've been through a couple, one in Atlanta and the other in Shreveport. Shreveport was the worst, an F5. We were extrememly lucky it came at about 2 am. It passed within 2 blocks of where I lived. The school my kids attended was gone as were as were some churches, shopping centers and houses. The next day we were under tornado warnings all day.

It only stayed on the ground for 6 miles, but destroyed everything in its path at about a quarter mile wide.

I had some friends that just happened to be in the correct corner of their house. That was all that remained.
I'll never forget that sound when it passed by.

Yea ive started to hear some pretty horrifying stories as well.

Colleague of mine lost her cousin and cousins husband, both found about 500 yards away from what was their home, and both completely naked where the wind was so fierce it ripped the clothes off their bodies.

A man in princeton had his family in the bathroom, he had his 2 year old son in his arms crounched inbetween the toilet and the vanity and tucked his wife and 4yr old in the tub and put a mattress on top of the tub only for the tornado to rip the tub conpletely out the wall, they eventually found the 4 year old dead about 400 yds away 😭 and his wife has severe head injuries.

Ive heard they have recorded winds of over 300mph, the tornado caused a seismic reading like an earthquake would, just insane. Never even heard of anything like it. I thought tornadoes lasted 10-15 mins max and hit 2-3 towns max, not over 200 miles and 3 diff states smdh.

Just brutal stuff. Just puts so much in perspective, like how little stuff like cards vs cats for example or even sports in general dont even matter a hill of beans in the grand scheme of things.

@rockycard
Thank you Rocky for making this thread, you are a brother in my eyes.
It has been a nightmare here, I have seen and been through things I have never in my 60 years, it is quite humbling and sad, just devastating.
We know that everyone pulls for their team, but when you go through these things and see the response from people across the nation, you know that there is only one true team, USA. 💪 👍

Ahh dam dude i totally forgot u lived close. Glad ur ok man, and yea just effin crazy.
@rockycard
It has been a nightmare here, I have seen and been through things I have never in my 60 years, it is quite humbling and sad, just devastating.
We know that everyone pulls for their team, but when you go through these things and see the response from people across the nation, you know that there is only one true team, USA. 💪

Reactions: cdbearde
Ahh dam dude i totally forgot u lived close. Glad ur ok man, and yea just effin crazy.
Brother, you should see Mayfield, heart breaking. There is major damage on old 641 as you are entering Benton, there are some houses destroyed and all kinds of trees broken off and uprooted, and that was not the path of the major tornado, it must have been what they are calling spin off tornados.
You can drive down the Parkway towards Mayfield (I-69) and see destruction.

Last edited:
@rockycard
We know that everyone pulls for their team, but when you go through these things and see the response from people across the nation, you know that there is only one true team, USA. 💪 👍
So glad to hear that the recovery has started. The footage has been unsettling to say the least. I've caught myself thinking about how it just as easily could've been where I live, and my home. I wouldn't even know where to start.

I watched a reporter ask a couple what they had lost to get the reply "everything". My heart goes out to them . . . but everyone in their family survived. No judgement, and I'm sure they'd agree there are those who lost more. So tragic. I've never been more proud to be a Kentuckian and never more stirred.

Yea i wanna give a shout out to all the relief worker just bc there is no way in I could do that.

Not bc im lazy or nothin like that, its just like i dunno if i could cope with finding someones dead loved one x number of yards from their house. Esp kids and stuff. Shit breaks my heart.

And the horror stories keep rolling in, mayfield, princeton, dawson springs, and all the little communities in betwee. some folks from Matthew minitries out of ohio are staying in trigg and just talking to them some, and i know its such a blessing what these relief workers are doing but idk if ive got the stomach for it.

And i hope they got a special place in hell for mfers down there acting as (fraudulent) relief just to steal and loot, jfc what a shame some ppl just have no conscious.

Yea ive started to hear some pretty horrifying stories as well.

Colleague of mine lost her cousin and cousins husband, both found about 500 yards away from what was their home, and both completely naked where the wind was so fierce it ripped the clothes off their bodies.

A man in princeton had his family in the bathroom, he had his 2 year old son in his arms crounched inbetween the toilet and the vanity and tucked his wife and 4yr old in the tub and put a mattress on top of the tub only for the tornado to rip the tub conpletely out the wall, they eventually found the 4 year old dead about 400 yds away 😭 and his wife has severe head injuries.

Ive heard they have recorded winds of over 300mph, the tornado caused a seismic reading like an earthquake would, just insane. Never even heard of anything like it. I thought tornadoes lasted 10-15 mins max and hit 2-3 towns max, not over 200 miles and 3 diff states smdh.

Just brutal stuff. Just puts so much in perspective, like how little stuff like cards vs cats for example or even sports in general dont even matter a hill of beans in the grand scheme of things.
Most tornadoes do only last 10-15 minutes and travel less than 15 miles on the ground. This one is now the deadliest in Kentucky history, surpassing the death toll of 76 from an 1890 tornado.

ADVERTISEMENT