ADVERTISEMENT

To all of the Kentucky guys/gals

Some friends of mine that own a transportation logistics company based in northern KY organized a donation drive and I think they packed 5 or 6 semi loads full of food and supplies that were delivered to the Mayfield high school gym for dispersal. It was too much, the Mayfield administration had to tell them to re-route the last few trucks to other areas that had been affected by the storms. Everyone is headed down today in a caravan to help distribute. The kicker is that the donation drive happened at Beechwood High School, where all the organizers went to school and played football. Beechwood and Mayfield have been bitter rivals for decades on the gridiron. I believe Beechwood has 16 state titles and Mayfield has 12, so they are in each others path often. They have both switched back and forth from 1A to 2A but they are usually in the same class. They are both very small schools, under 500 students total in grades 9-12. Cool to see the communities coming together like that.

If I would have seen that shit they would've been executed on site. Scum like that doesn't deserve to exist on Earth. Instead, they'll get a slap on the wrist, maybe a couple months in jail paid for by taxpayers, then back out on the streets doing the same thing again.
My mom actually made a great point. She said how the mayor posted their pics online, **** that id post when the ****ers make bail online and let the whole damn city be waiting for them and tell em dont worry the police force is helping with the relief efforts. Seriously woukdnt care if they strung em up lynch mob style.

And it is so amazing to see the state pull together like the story with beechwood made me tear up. We were always (luckily) a class up from mayfield, but they were effin good and they knew it ie they were not easy to like lol. Hell i got 15yds for cussin the graves county coach after he told me to stfu and get back on the field after i was arguing an absolutely atrocious call. Stopped em short on 4th down late only for the rb to fumble forward on purpose in which they recovered and gave em the first down. Illegal fumble, ball back to spot of fumble, turnover on downs, we take a knee, game over. But we got a pick like 3 plays later and def let the zebras and opposing coaches know this one was OVER so whatever. Sorry still wanna cuss that coach 🤣 yall makin me reminisce lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
My mom actually made a great point. She said how the mayor posted their pics online, **** that id post when the ****ers make bail online and let the whole damn city be waiting for them and tell em dont worry the police force is helping with the relief efforts. Seriously woukdnt care if they strung em up lynch mob style.

And it is so amazing to see the state pull together like the story with beechwood made me tear up. We were always (luckily) a class up from mayfield, but they were effin good and they knew it ie they were not easy to like lol. Hell i got 15yds for cussin the graves county coach after he told me to stfu and get back on the field after i was arguing an absolutely atrocious call. Stopped em short on 4th down late only for the rb to fumble forward on purpose in which they recovered and gave em the first down. Illegal fumble, ball back to spot of fumble, turnover on downs, we take a knee, game over. But we got a pick like 3 plays later and def let the zebras and opposing coaches know this one was OVER so whatever. Sorry still wanna cuss that coach 🤣 yall makin me reminisce lol.
Yep. Let everyone know all their details. I do like that they put them on blast online. Put those pics everywhere and let people know what pieces of shit they are and to be on the lookout. Most of them are damn near 60-years-old and have probably never done anything productive a day in their lives out there robbing from people who lost everything just to get their meth fix. The world wouldn't miss them at all, and their families probably wouldn't either. I've found that most people like that have no problem stealing from family and friends either. Line 'em up, put a bullet in each of their heads, and let them rot where they fall. Cue Brooky coming to their defense in 3...2...1...

Yea i also heard about them catching some ppl from michigan acting as relief and just towing ppls damaged vehicles……….straight back to michigan smh.

But yea totaly agree. Line em up and take bets on how many one bullet can get.

Welcome back bert! Glad ur ok man. Ur county get lucky like mine? Im 45 mins west to mayfield, 20 mins north to Princeton. And like 15 mins north of the the one that ended up in bowling green. Effin nuts.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Depends on the area. Lexington area to cincy has limestone. South Eastern ky has clay, shale and coal.

Heres a good link to a graphic. I wasn't sure what western ky had. Looks like clay, sand and gravel.
kygeo.jpg

Oh my god? I am a spelunker. All the Caves are in limestone, pure and simple. Mississippian is pure limestone. In my area we have St. Genevieve and St. Louis limestone. Mammoth Cave, the worlds longest cave system, here where I live, is the longest cave system on earth. It is here because it is solid limestone topped with sandstone.

My grand father/great grand father and great great grand father's owned Kentucky distillery #62. You do not make bourbon without a limestone spring. There is more limestone in Edmonson/Barren/ Hart and Warren counties than in the rest of the state.

Western Kentucky may be more limestone than any other place in the U.S.

Here are some pictures when I was in High School. All the rock in all our cave are pure limestone:
48404684_1981093145339593_8087846000200253440_n.jpg
48377920_1981093092006265_744460141843185664_n.jpg

48393399_1981093015339606_6069335865002295296_n.jpg
48396426_1981093035339604_1998421598196989952_n.jpg

Folks this is my wheel house. Caves and Kentucky Bourbon. I know my shit.

Edit: the Science fair picture is backward. I am the skinny kid on the left. I am holding the preserved "blind" fish.

Last edited:
Thats whats up. Mammoth cave is pretty effin awesome, if some of yall have never been, its worth the trip. But call ahead bc my sister had sone friends down for thanksgiving and they went up there just expecting to show up and go for a tour and for some reason they were unable to. Idk how it works ill refer to @Bert Higginbotha

• Love
Thats whats up. Mammoth cave is pretty effin awesome, if some of yall have never been, its worth the trip. But call ahead bc my sister had sone friends down for thanksgiving and they went up there just expecting to show up and go for a tour and for some reason they were unable to. Idk how it works ill refer to @Bert Higginbotha
Pics of sister, or it didn’t happen.

I don't work there so I don't know. Covid has taken it's toll on most National Parks.

I have been all over it and my dad was a guide back before it became a National Park.

But the federal government took our land and made a park out of it. We have no control of anything!

Reactions: Villian07
Oh my god? I am a spelunker. All the Caves are in limestone, pure and simple. Mississippian is pure limestone. In my area we have St. Genevieve and St. Louis limestone. Mammoth Cave, the worlds longest cave system, here where I live, is the longest cave system on earth. It is here because it is solid limestone topped with sandstone.

My grand father/great grand father and great great grand father's owned Kentucky distillery #62. You do not make bourbon without a limestone spring. There is more limestone in Edmonson/Barren/ Hart and Warren counties than in the rest of the state.

Western Kentucky may be more limestone than any other place in the U.S.

Here are some pictures when I was in High School. All the rock in all our cave are pure limestone:
48404684_1981093145339593_8087846000200253440_n.jpg
48377920_1981093092006265_744460141843185664_n.jpg

48393399_1981093015339606_6069335865002295296_n.jpg
48396426_1981093035339604_1998421598196989952_n.jpg

Folks this is my wheel house. Caves and Kentucky Bourbon. I know my shit.

Edit: the Science fair picture is backward. I am the skinny kid on the left. I am holding the preserved "blind" fish.
I was just about to bring up news article. :)

I didn't realize they had newspapers in Bert's youth. I figured the hieroglyphics in the caves were from him.

• Haha
I have been all over it and my dad was a guide back before it became a National Park.

But the federal government took our land and made a park out of it. We have no control of anything!
that sucks man. Same thing for my family, im a generation too young but we were from golden pond in lbl………until they made every one move to make it a (blank) i dont even know what land between the lakes is, i would say wildlife refuge but if u pay the money u can buy a permit to hunt there so idk. But no one lives there anymore obviously

Last edited:
Like how u scrubbed the m off ur name to remain anonymous. Uve ruined it now though 🤣
Yep. Yahoo would not accept Bert Higginbotham. I should have used BertHigginbotham. My goal was not to be anonymous. I held public office for ten years, although it was in a little town but the information is available no matter what.

And because of not being anonymous I have met and talked to some fantastic people on this board. Guys like lurker, hawkit, hail, borden et.al. actually add to the enjoyment of the board as you get to know them and see their perspective. Hail is the most argumentative, but he is bright and a really good guy (well as good as a Michigan fan can be!). If you get sick go to his hospital!

Hawkit and I talked for an hour last night about basketball, football and family. He is a bright fellow (okay, as bright as someone who roots for Iowa can be!) and is a hoot. Our biggest problem on the phone is to stop butting in to add on more thought. One day we will meet and the interruptions will really begin. I can't wait.

By the way @lurkeraspect84 still owes me a steak! Well lurker owes me a lot.

that sucks man. Same thing for my family, im a generation too young but we were from golden pond in lbl………until they made every one move to make it a (blank) i dont even know what land between the lakes is, i would say wildlife refuge but if u pay the money u can buy a permit to hunt there so idk. But no one lives there anymore obviously
Man, you were right off US 68. US 68 runs one mile from my house in Smiths Grove.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Yea man im staring at it right now from work lol. Easily the main road in trigg, 68/80, hell its the only 4 lane period 🤣 well except where i-24 goes through trigg. I live about 1.5 miles from 272 where 272 ends/begins on 68
Sounds like you and Bert need to meet up for a few dranks so he can set you straight on college basketball and your poorest life decision to be a Louisville fan.

It really is something else to watch everyone pull togethe for something. Theres been SO MANY food donations its starting to trickle back into trigg county, even though we didnt even have storm damage. AKA yall have donated so much, its filled the need in the decimated towns and they are being right back generous with the rest of us, damage or not. Puts tears in my eyes.

Yea man im staring at it right now from work lol. Easily the main road in trigg, 68/80, hell its the only 4 lane period 🤣 well except where i-24 goes through trigg. I live about 1.5 miles from 272 where 272 ends/begins on 68
68 is Harrodsburg Rd here in Lexington, therefore that is its name throughout the entire state. Please reference it accordingly 😉

Yep. Yahoo would not accept Bert Higginbotham. I should have used BertHigginbotham. My goal was not to be anonymous. I held public office for ten years, although it was in a little town but the information is available no matter what.

And because of not being anonymous I have met and talked to some fantastic people on this board. Guys like lurker, hawkit, hail, borden et.al. actually add to the enjoyment of the board as you get to know them and see their perspective. Hail is the most argumentative, but he is bright and a really good guy (well as good as a Michigan fan can be!). If you get sick go to his hospital!

Hawkit and I talked for an hour last night about basketball, football and family. He is a bright fellow (okay, as bright as someone who roots for Iowa can be!) and is a hoot. Our biggest problem on the phone is to stop butting in to add on more thought. One day we will meet and the interruptions will really begin. I can't wait.

By the way @lurkeraspect84 still owes me a steak! Well lurker owes me a lot.
I keep meaning to call ya Bert. I've always enjoyed our conversations.

ADVERTISEMENT