ADVERTISEMENT

Texas & Oklahoma Want to Join SEC

Yea but your doing just fine in basketball without it sans last year. Your ooc is brutal, the sec has gotten much better. One game a year vs tx, ou, mich, osu each gonna make the basketball team that much more lrepared for the tourney??? You had two of those of the schedule last year anyways.

Besides NO ONE with any saying power is using basketball as the reason to jump conferences fro big12 to sec. its ablut $$$ and more specifically football $$$.

And agree to disagree if you think UK will remain competitive if the sec adds all those football juggernauts. Yall dont exactly contend for sec championships as it is with uga and fla in your division, now if they added clemson and whoever ur figting for 4th place in the east.

If they go pods. Ur gonna be geographically podded up with ohio state. not jist ut, vandy, and mizzou, while gerographically correct is pretty much a joke of a pod (just using lurkers pods as example) when comparing the other 3. I mean peyton manning and tee martin are long gone and UT aint done much since. Ohio state would dog walk that division annually. Plus stoops would have an sec member in ohio to recruit against aka take leftovers.

Last edited:
Reactions: BasketBallJunkie-UK
Missouri fans are talking loads of shit on KU right now (despite the fact that nothing’s happened), as if they don’t even understand what’s coming for them. They’re about to be bottom-feeders in a 20+ team league. If they turn their basketball program around, they might not be completed buried, but there will likely still be several programs above them in any given year.

Th e worst part to me is still vandy gets grandfathered in for contributing nothin in either Main sport, aka why i didnt mention baseball.

The B12 offered Texas and OK more revenue by decreasing the other members revenue. Not going to work lol. WV wants to go to the ACC which is a good fit. B12 is history as we knew it.

A&M is on board with TX and OK.

Yea but your doing just fine in basketball without it sans last year. Your ooc is brutal, the sec has gotten much better. One game a year vs tx, ou, mich, osu each gonna make the basketball team that much more lrepared for the tourney??? You had two of those of the schedule last year anyways.

Besides NO ONE with any saying power is using basketball as the reason to jump conferences fro big12 to sec. its ablut $$$ and more specifically football $$$.

And agree to disagree if you think UK will remain competitive if the sec adds all those football juggernauts. Yall dont exactly contend for sec championships as it is with uga and fla in your division, now if they added clemson and whoever ur figting for 4th place in the east.

If they go pods. Ur gonna be geographically podded up with ohio state. not jist ut, vandy, and mizzou, while gerographically correct is pretty much a joke of a pod (just using lurkers pods as example) when comparing the other 3. I mean peyton manning and tee martin are long gone and UT aint done much since. Ohio state would dog walk that division annually. Plus stoops would have an sec member in ohio to recruit against aka take leftovers.
do you think UK is taking away Ohio recruits from Ohio St. now?
i do not see recruiting Ohio for UK changing if OSU joins the SEC

i do think there is a chance recruiting for UK gets better if they go to a super league

E7GNWkNXIAIILAW

I think this is more about player likeness regarding recruiting and money more than anything else. This will hurt College sports as a whole.

do you think UK is taking away Ohio recruits from Ohio St. now?
i do not see recruiting Ohio for UK changing if OSU joins the SEC

i do think there is a chance recruiting for UK gets better if they go to a super league
I mean OSU very much came in and took our best recruit last class, he was from Ohio. So if they are poaching kids committed to lil ole louisville, i dont see why you think UKs commits would be protetcted?

Itll be more about late bloomers you have commotted getting poached on signing day than going head to head vs OSU for recruits, imo. But your right, they could do that now, most likely anyways.

I could see your recruoting improve, what i cant see is your program competeting week in week out with the juggernauts of college football. I mean counting the slide weve been on yall have the easiest non-conf schedule in all of football, dropping teams like wku for worse scrubs bc wku would rise up and win a game every now and then in the series.

IDK uve beaten florida once in 30 years but are ready to bring on the likes of clemson, osu, oklahoma etc. good luck.

Last edited:
I mean OSU very much came in and took our best recruit last class, he was from Ohio. So if they are poaching kids committed to lil ole louisville, i dont see why you think UKs commits would be protetcted?

Itll be more about late bloomers you have commotted getting poached on signing day than going head to head vs OSU for recruits, imo. But your right, they could do that now, most likely anyways.

I could see your recruoting improve, what i cant see is your program competeting week in week out with the juggernauts of college football. I mean counting the slide weve been on yall have the easiest non-conf schedule in all of football, dropping teams like wku for worse scrubs bc wku would rise up and win a game every now and then in the series.

IDK uve beaten florida once in 30 years but are ready to bring on the likes of clemson, osu, oklahoma etc. good luck.
We've been killing it with defensive backs, running backs, oline and for the most part receivers. What we haven't had is a QB. We keep trending the way we are, with a decent QB we're competing at a high level in the east. We've been able to run, even though the other team knew what was coming. We're missing balance. Before we missed quality depth overall, but that's no longer a problem.

If the SEC takes on teams like Ohio State or Michigan or Clemson, I would say that’s bad for college sports. If we end up with four super conferences, including the PAC, ACC, and BIG, I think things will work out just fine

If the SEC takes on teams like Ohio State or Michigan or Clemson, I would say that’s bad for college sports. If we end up with four super conferences, including the PAC, ACC, and BIG, I think things will work out just fine
Clemson and Ohio State are holding College Athletics together with duct tape.

If either of them join this circus in the SEC the 3-4 Super Conference dream dies and at best you are looking at 2 premier conferences where clearly the 2nd league is the inferior league.

If the SEC wants 24 teams, they will get 24, but there is no way Vanderbilt and a few of the other original SEC teams survive the larger that thing metastasizes.

Reactions: JimboBBN

almost every top recruit in Ohio wants to play for OSU
which conference they are in is not going to change that
every year we deal with the "what if OSU offers" so i think very little would change on that front

UK is getting the Ohio recruits that used to go to the other B10 schools

I could see the acc wanting to join, but idk why the sec would want to take all of them.

I could see the acc wanting to join, but idk why the sec would want to take all of them.
I don't think they would. SEC is thinking big. Market area. Why would they want 3 or so teams from N. Carolina when one would suffice. I could see getting NC State and then later wanting UNC, ie A&M and Texas.

I could see maybe ACC absorbing Big East/AAC, before them joining the SEC. Maybe Big Ten absorbing Big 12, and Pac 12 with MWC and others.

Does there have to be 4 Major Conferences?

Texas and Oklahoma just formally notified the SEC that they are seeking an invitation to join, which would begin July 1, 2025.

I think they have to say that now, but after lawyers are done, they should be here next season.
I don't think so. They have to give the Big 12 at least 18 months notice and since their media rights belong to the Big 12 until 2025 it doesn't make much sense anyway.

I think they're in next year also. Article said the SEC will make near or as much as the NCAA itself after the realignment.

Reactions: Villian07
ADVERTISEMENT