ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee vs Kentucky

I think we will be happy to own you at Rupp and TBA every year. We will be regular season champs and you can have the SEC tourney.

I think I like negotiating with Kentucky fans. You get two for the price of 1.:)
UK has 48 regular season titles. How many does UT? I have already told you once.

Every year winning home and away just ain't goin' to happen della. Please save some of what you are smoking. I need some of it.

Reactions: kl40504
della della della...

You started this thread too early. And why, just to troll...
No, they ran me out of the blue blood thread. Mebeblue wanted to argue UT/UK, so I said I would make this thread.:)

UK has 48 regular season titles. How many does UT? I have already told you once.

Every year winning home and away just ain't goin' to happen della. Please save some of what you are smoking. I need some of it.
You'll need it more after we kick y'all's butt at Rupp again, Bert. So, I'll keep it in safe keeping till then.Winking

Reactions: kl40504
Tennessee hasn't swept Kentucky since 1999. Tennessee has won exactly one time in Rupp since 2006. Where you getting your facts from? Winking
Other than game speculation and such, every thing I have said was a fact.:)

I'm just trying to figure out how Tennessee will not only win at Rupp but sweep UK most years, when they haven't been able to do so in the last 20. But hey, what do I know SmokinSmile
Let's call it the New order.:)

Reactions: JimboBBN
Sure, in football. Kentucky finishes #10 10-3 overall, 2nd in East and wins NY6 Bowl. Tennessee finishes dead last.

I would indeed classify that as a New Order.

In basketball we still won the SECT and still went further than Tennessee. Thats what I call business as usual.

....you won't have most years either. The overall series record that you love to avoid backs that up.
The overall series record is only good for you when you have nothing left to fall back on. The 5 year trend has has UT 5/6 against the Cats and the most recent results show UT 2/1 vs the Cats with UT ranked higher going into our first contest this year. See a trend developing? Kinda ominous sign for Cats? So, cling to the past all you want, the future is bright Orange.:)

The overall series record is only good for you when you have nothing left to fall back on. The 5 year trend has has UT 5/6 against the Cats and the most recent results show UT 2/1 vs the Cats with UT ranked higher going into our first contest this year. See a trend developing? Kinda ominous sign for Cats? So, cling to the past all you want, the future is bright Orange.:)

Yeah, ok, Kreskin. The only 'trends' I've seen throughout my lifetime regarding UT basketball is that sometimes they are good, but they continually fail to sustain it. The 'ride' you're 'enjoying', if UT basketball history remains consistent, will once again come to an end. It'll be interesting to see if you go MIA here when it does.

Sure, in football. Kentucky finishes #10 10-3 overall, 2nd in East and wins NY6 Bowl. Tennessee finishes dead last.

I would indeed classify that as a New Order.

In basketball we still won the SECT and still went further than Tennessee. Thats what I call business as usual.
Why do you talk football in a basketball thread and come to the football board and talk basketball? Why would you choose to talk football when UT has kicked UK's ass even on the rare times you have had a decent team? UT beat UK's ass on the best team you ever had, so why bring it up? I don't revert to our football domination over UK on this board. I think it is a cheap shot, so I don't take it.

You could put Commonwealth Stadium and Rupp in Neyland Stadium and still have room for a couple of thousand of your best friends to join the party. I don't mention stuff like that because it has no bearing on the basketball season at hand.

For one who likes to banter on the board, you are awful at it. You just throw up lobs at your end of the court and I just dunk them on your ass.

The overall series record is usually a good indicator of program success, whether it be in the past or moving forward. Its much more likely Kentucky will continue to beat Tennessee than it is Tennessee will turn into a consistent winner. History shows Tennessee has had good spurts, but they've never been able to keep the momentum going. History also shows, that no matter the coach, time, or place, Kentucky wins. The overall series record is a much better indicator for future success than one season. I'm not sure how anyone can argue that.

Yeah, ok, Kreskin. The only 'trends' I've seen throughout my lifetime regarding UT basketball is that sometimes they are good, but they continually fail to sustain it. The 'ride' you're 'enjoying', if UT basketball history remains consistent, will once again come to an end. It'll be interesting to see if you go MIA here when it does.
JC the one thing you can't accuse me of is being a fair weather fan. I have been on the Sound off board for years. Our arch rival bama has been having their zenith and the Vols have a losing streak to lowly Vandy. I am Orange regardless of the climate.

Regarding the basketball board, your longest running MOD has a quote from me in his signature line that he has had for years. You may beat the big Orange, but the Big orange doesn't run away.:cool:

Ok, what is a "Kreskin" ?

Last edited:
JC the one thing you can't accuse me of is being a fair weather fan. I have been on the Sound off board for years. Our arch rival bama has been having their zenith and the Vols have a losing streak to lowly Vandy. I am Orange when regardless of the climate.

Regarding the basketball board, your longest running MOD has a quote from me in his signature line that he has had for years. You may beat the big Orange, but the Big orange doesn't run away.:cool:

...a magician/fortune teller

The overall series record is usually a good indicator of program success, whether it be in the past or moving forward. Its much more likely Kentucky will continue to beat Tennessee than it is Tennessee will turn into a consistent winner. History shows Tennessee has had good spurts, but they've never been able to keep the momentum going. History also shows, that no matter the coach, time, or place, Kentucky wins. The overall series record is a much better indicator for future success than one season. I'm not sure how anyone can argue that.
On the surface that is true, but you have to factor in indicators ( last 5 years)(last year) Example, UT has beaten LSU double the amount of times the Tigers have won and that is pretty much domination. However, if we played LSU last year or this upcoming year all those wins from the past would do us no good. This seems to be a point that UK fans have a particularly difficult time understanding.

On the surface that is true, but you have to factor in indicators ( last 5 years)(last year) Example, UT has beaten LSU double the amount of times the Tigers have won and that is pretty much domination. However, if we played LSU last year or this upcoming year all those wins from the past would do us no good. This seems to be a point that UK fans have a particularly difficult time understanding.
No one is arguing wins from the past help in the current situation. I said it is a good indicator for future results. I can guarantee you that there have been times where UT has won 5 out of 11 or even 2 of 3 against UK before. But that's a very small sample size in a very big picture. The best way to try and argue who will be better in the future is to use past results, and not just in time frames that fit your argument.

It would be different if UT and UK had been close for the past 20 years or so, but that's not the case. Truly, there is no logical reason to believe Tennessee will be the better team from here on out. Its just hope for Tennessee fans. If you're going to compare UT's standards with UK's from here on out, you're going to be disappointed a lot of the time.

A Kreskin? I have never heard that term used for such a person. Thanks.

Kreskin was a who.. He was touted to be a mentalist. His biggest trick of the night was to find his paycheck hidden somewhere in the audience. He always found it. He was big on the tonight show with Carson.

No one is arguing wins from the past help in the current situation. I said it is a good indicator for future results. I can guarantee you that there have been times where UT has won 5 out of 11 or even 2 of 3 against UK before. But that's a very small sample size in a very big picture. The best way to try and argue who will be better in the future is to use past results, and not just in time frames that fit your argument.

It would be different if UT and UK had been close for the past 20 years or so, but that's not the case. Truly, there is no logical reason to believe Tennessee will be the better team from here on out. Its just hope for Tennessee fans. If you're going to compare UT's standards with UK's from here on out, you're going to be disappointed a lot of the time.
Y'all seem to argue that point all the time cause that is the first things off your keyboard when UT/UK is brought up.

The best indicator of future results is recent results. You say, you could see it if the series had been close for 20 years. Where is the cut off, cause it has been close for 5 years? Do you believe that years 15-20 years ago is a better indicator than years 1-5 years ago? If you can make that point effectively you should be negotiating the China trade agreement instead of wasting your time here.

Y'all seem to argue that point all the time cause that is the first things off your keyboard when UT/UK is brought up.

The best indicator of future results is recent results. You say, you could see it if the series had been close for 20 years. Where is the cut off, cause it has been close for 5 years? Do you believe that years 15-20 years ago is a better indicator than years 1-5 years ago? If you can make that point effectively you should be negotiating the China trade agreement instead of wasting your time here.
Its just odd that someone would think 5 years would be a better indicator than 100+ years. Like, extremely odd. I guess because it fits your argument you want to go that way.

I would say given the long history of our teams playing, yes, a 20 year period is a much better sample than 5. Also, think about your argument for a second. Winning 2 times in one year is so meaningless its almost not worth debating. You're pretty much saying that at any point in our basketball rivalry, once UT wins 2 out of three in one year, they're going to be a basketball power and beat Kentucky every time. That is insane, and past results show, once again, that UT has not been able to sustain success. Even after having very brief periods of being a strong team. UT just happens to be in one of those periods right now.

Why do you talk football in a basketball thread and come to the football board and talk basketball? Why would you choose to talk football when UT has kicked UK's ass even on the rare times you have had a decent team? UT beat UK's ass on the best team you ever had, so why bring it up? I don't revert to our football domination over UK on this board. I think it is a cheap shot, so I don't take it.

You could put Commonwealth Stadium and Rupp in Neyland Stadium and still have room for a couple of thousand of your best friends to join the party. I don't mention stuff like that because it has no bearing on the basketball season at hand.

For one who likes to banter on the board, you are awful at it. You just throw up lobs at your end of the court and I just dunk them on your ass.
Just allowing you to expose your moronic hypocrisy and goal post shifting on here, since most of these folks dont post on the football board. In football youre all about history but then over here suddenly it means nothing. You point out UTs ranking and then disregard UKs. Like a typical woman you conflate the issues instead of just admit youre talking out of your ass. But go ahead with whatever inane response youre planning, your post history is there for all to see. You tell me to stick to the basketball board on the football board even though UK is clearly the better program now, then feel like its OK to use that justification to post your Vol garbage on here. You cant have your cake and eat it too hypocrite.

JC the one thing you can't accuse me of is being a fair weather fan. I have been on the Sound off board for years. Our arch rival bama has been having their zenith and the Vols have a losing streak to lowly Vandy. I am Orange regardless of the climate.

sorry about your luck
i would not wish that on anyone

A Kreskin? I have never heard that term used for such a person. Thanks.
You and I wouldn’t, he’s probably a fortune teller for the “special needs”
Rocky, used to, you would rub me the wrong way, but then I sat here and thought about it and ya know what? We really have a lot in common. We both come here to mostly talk about Kentucky, occasionally talk about Louisville, and we both hate Zipp.

You're not so bad after all.
It would be boring if were all alike.

Its just odd that someone would think 5 years would be a better indicator than 100+ years. Like, extremely odd. I guess because it fits your argument you want to go that way.

I would say given the long history of our teams playing, yes, a 20 year period is a much better sample than 5. Also, think about your argument for a second. Winning 2 times in one year is so meaningless its almost not worth debating. You're pretty much saying that at any point in our basketball rivalry, once UT wins 2 out of three in one year, they're going to be a basketball power and beat Kentucky every time. That is insane, and past results show, once again, that UT has not been able to sustain success. Even after having very brief periods of being a strong team. UT just happens to be in one of those periods right now.
What is odd is trying to make the point that what happened 25 years ago has any bearing on what happens today, much less 100 years ago. Things do change Jimbo. Did you know TBA will be the largest arena in the SEC next year? UT is committed to BB and that should pay dividends for us fans.

I have been fairly consistent on my opinions being directed on what happens this year and not what will happen 20 or 30 years from now.
When y'all have brought up back in great great grand pa's day...
I have joked about "new order" and such, but all I'm concerned about is this year, I'll save next year's worries for next year.

Just allowing you to expose your moronic hypocrisy and goal post shifting on here, since most of these folks dont post on the football board. In football youre all about history but then over here suddenly it means nothing. You point out UTs ranking and then disregard UKs. Like a typical woman you conflate the issues instead of just admit youre talking out of your ass. But go ahead with whatever inane response youre planning, your post history is there for all to see. You tell me to stick to the basketball board on the football board even though UK is clearly the better program now, then feel like its OK to use that justification to post your Vol garbage on here. You cant have your cake and eat it too hypocrite.
Plain and simple, you calling me Tennessee trash without any provocation was just low class. Furthermore, it was cowardly the way you were talking about me and trying to get shots in on me after I'd done nothing to you. I thought, you might just be drunk, but apparently you just need a filter.

Like this very post I'm responding to now. You attack me, but you can never defeat a point I make. I don't need to call you a name, you are making one for yourself.

sorry about your luck
i would not wish that on anyone
I have known dogs that wouldn't eat steak, cause all they have ever had is Alpo dog food. I have always felt sorry for them and I feel sorry for you too.:)

Read her garbage above, and then here we go from the football board aftwr the UK/UT football game: https://forums.rivals.com/threads/the-utterly-embarrassing-loss-to-tennessee-aside.860586/

Did you know Tennessee has beaten UK more in BB than anyone else too?

Won .667 % of our games against y'all last year. I think that is good enough to get you in the Hall of Fame.

We won the regular season title being picked to finish last in the SEC. You lost it being picked first in the SEC.

Tennessee is already changing that by winning 2/3 last year.
You know you don't want to show UT/UK football head to head.:D

Read the Vol posts in that thread. What a joke. Garbage in football, garbage in basketball. But hey, they hang banners for beating Kentucky these days RollLaugh

Plain and simple, you calling me Tennessee trash without any provocation was just low class. Furthermore, it was cowardly the way you were talking about me and trying to get shots in on me after I'd done nothing to you. I thought, you might just be drunk, but apparently you just need a filter.

Like this very post I'm responding to now. You attack me, but you can never defeat a point I make. I don't need to call you a name, you are making one for yourself.
The next time you respond to an actual post with germane facts will be the first. You try to act like youre high class mere posts after tossing out insults. Its trash, its hypocrisy, and Im not concerned about whether it rustles your jimmies to be called out on your bullshit.

Reactions: JC for 3
What is odd is trying to make the point that what happened 25 years ago has any bearing on what happens today, much less 100 years ago. Things do change Jimbo. Did you know TBA will be the largest arena in the SEC next year? UT is committed to BB and that should pay dividends for us fans.

I have been fairly consistent on my opinions being directed on what happens this year and not what will happen 20 or 30 years from now.
When y'all have brought up back in great great grand pa's day...
I have joked about "new order" and such, but all I'm concerned about is this year, I'll save next year's worries for next year.
Tennessee has a great team this year, not trying to take anything away from them at all. As I've stated before, I prefer they have a strong team. I'm only trying to explain why I feel the way I do about your program. Its just going to have to be a "wait and see" thing for me. Maybe they'll have a stretch where they're good longer than 3 or 4 years. I hope they do. However, I have a feeling Tennessee fans will be singing the same tune in the future even after UK fans have been proven right.

Della is trying to get her groove back. This is Tennessee’s super bowl. If you lose to us there are no excuses. You should beat us, you’re number 1 and we’re not that good. All the pressure is on the vals

Clearly, the fault is mine here for not being culturally sensitive. I forgot that in Knoxville they laud people like Phil Fulmer a d Bruce Pearl, so lying and hypocrisy arent viewed as negative character traits. I think that may be where della's lack of understanding is coming from on these things. Its a way of life in Knoxville.

Reactions: JC for 3
ADVERTISEMENT