ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee vs Kentucky

If by majority you mean mid major teams....Then sure. Or the bottom feeder teams of P5 conferences----then sure. I never disagreed with that. But that isn't the case for UT/UK. Won't be again this year either. Not sure why that is so difficult for you to understand? I mean you went from calling the SECT final as more important to UK/UT, then the 2 regular season games----To, conference tournaments being more important for the majority of CBB teams. You just didn't move the goal post on this----You moved the entire stadium.
When I made that statement I did not refer to KY or Tn. I said it is more important to win the Conference tournament than two games in the regular season. I still believe that. How about Georgia and Missouri? You were the one that made it a big deal about UT and Kentucky. Della and I were involved in a little banter and my discussion was about which one is most important. It was not for Ky and Tn last year but to most teams it is very important and just not to mid majors but to bottom feeders in all conferences.

When I made that statement I did not refer to KY or Tn. I said it is more important to win the Conference tournament than two games in the regular season. I still believe that. How about Georgia and Missouri? You were the one that made it a big deal about UT and Kentucky. Della and I were involved in a little banter and my discussion was about which one is most important. It was not for Ky and Tn last year but to most teams it is very important and just not to mid majors but to bottom feeders in all conferences.
Ok.....That's what you meant. Its your story brother, tell it like you want. But just remember, you were supporting the comment of, "But UK won the game that counted the most...." Which, ya know, insinuates the exact opposite of what you are now claiming...Thats cool.

Ok.....That's what you meant. Its your story brother, tell it like you want. But just remember, you were supporting the comment of, "But UK won the game that counted the most...." Which, ya know, insinuates the exact opposite of what you are now claiming...Thats cool.
It was the game that was most important at the time.

It was the game that was most important at the time.
Laughing You keep changing the criteria...Its all good though. Gives me a chacne to post this:

oWUuoMf.gif

Reactions: kl40504
Hey Boogs, take a breath. I know that 1-2 record against top 25 teams is impressive... I was just asking a question is all. Don’t be so touchy.

Q: How is Simple Man like a pretzel?

A: Pretzels don’t know how to use quotation marks either!

Oh, and salt. Lots and lots of salt.
You got me,but you were still trolling hard lol.No Kentucky fan has forgotten the first game of the season.

Last edited:
I think both are important but it honestly seems like SEC schools get better rewarded for winning the regular season title over the conference tourney.
Agree. TBH, not sure why the SEC doesn't bumped thier tourney up, so to get done before the brackets come about. Was the same for the Big 10. Moved the game to a Saturday. But honestly, after 18/20 regular season conference games, not sure any conference title game changes a seed that much.

Agree. TBH, not sure why the SEC doesn't bumped thier tourney up, so to get done before the brackets come about. Was the same for the Big 10. Moved the game to a Saturday. But honestly, after 18/20 regular season conference games, not sure any conference title game changes a seed that much.
Might change the seed for IU if they win the Big 10 conference title game.

Reactions: barbourfor3
Okay, so I read this like five times, and I still don’t get it:(
UK is carrying Duke's baby .

I said a few days ago that Duke got balls deep before UK could get their birth control pill down.

I thought everyone was up to speed on the whole "team A is carrying team B's baby" thing.

Reactions: TheDude1

It really would not matter that much. The NCAA selection committee always screws over UK in the seeding. Last year UK won the tourney and beat Tennessee Sunday in the final. It did not matter one little bit. UT was seeded far better than Kentucky.

Tennessee 3 seed
Auburn 4 seed
Kentucky 5 seed
Florida 6 seed
Texas A&M 7 seed
Arkansas 7 seed
Missouri 8 seed
Alabama 9 seed

On top of that they put Kentucky and Tennessee in the same damn region. Plus Kentucky was in the same side of the bracket as the Number 1 One seed Virginia.

You can talk about Kentucky fans whinning but that was a screwed-up seeding. All the SEC teams sucked in the 2018 NCAA; however, only Tennessee and Kentucky advanced. Why was Auburn given a 4 seed when they had lost one of their better players and lost a bunch of games late? In 2013 Kentucky lost Noel in mid February and did not even get an invite. Auburn should have been no better than a 7 or 8 seed.

But the point is that in the SEC, with the NCAA seeding the tourney, winning the regular season or the SEC Tourney has little meaning for Kentucky.

Be interesting to see how we play them if Reid cant go. PJ was balls deep in the Vols last year before cramps got to him. We'll win either way but itd be nice to have RT back.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Be interesting to see how we play them if Reid cant go. PJ was balls deep in the Vols last year before cramps got to him. We'll win either way but itd be nice to have RT back.
I'm excited to see Montgomery and Richards get more minutes, but yea, I'd feel more comfortable with Reid back. Luckily for us, we are pretty damn deep in the frontcourt.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
I'm excited to see Montgomery and Richards get more minutes, but yea, I'd feel more comfortable with Reid back. Luckily for us, we are pretty damn deep in the frontcourt.
Im hoping the extra run for Nick males the light bulb go off. We all hollered at PJ last season and the first half this year because we saw what he is capable of. Nick is capable of being a monster on the glass, good shot blocker, and give us some quality put backs on offensive boards. He can give us 10 pts a game easy if he just gets out of his own head.

It really would not matter that much. The NCAA selection committee always screws over UK in the seeding. Last year UK won the tourney and beat Tennessee Sunday in the final. It did not matter one little bit. UT was seeded far better than Kentucky.

Tennessee 3 seed
Auburn 4 seed
Kentucky 5 seed
Florida 6 seed
Texas A&M 7 seed
Arkansas 7 seed
Missouri 8 seed
Alabama 9 seed

On top of that they put Kentucky and Tennessee in the same damn region. Plus Kentucky was in the same side of the bracket as the Number 1 One seed Virginia.

You can talk about Kentucky fans whinning but that was a screwed-up seeding. All the SEC teams sucked in the 2018 NCAA; however, only Tennessee and Kentucky advanced. Why was Auburn given a 4 seed when they had lost one of their better players and lost a bunch of games late? In 2013 Kentucky lost Noel in mid February and did not even get an invite. Auburn should have been no better than a 7 or 8 seed.

But the point is that in the SEC, with the NCAA seeding the tourney, winning the regular season or the SEC Tourney has little meaning for Kentucky.

They also shipped nearly every SEC team out of their region. There was an info graphic of how far the teams had to travel for their first games and it was eye popping. Kentucky was in Boise. Auburn was in San Diego, Tennessee and Florida in Dallas. Arkansas in Detroit, Alabama in Pittsburgh. The only team that was close by and actually stayed in the south east for the first weekend was Missouri who got to play in Nashville. The pod system was supposed to prevent stuff like that. Seems like they seeded the rest of the field and then filled in with SEC teams lol.

Ofcourse in the end it’s hard to complain too much as a Kentucky fan because things opened up nicely for us, got a virtual home game in the S16 and choked to Brice freakin Weber and a mediocre K State team in arguably the worst tournament performance of Cal’s time at UK. Sick

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Im hoping the extra run for Nick males the light bulb go off. We all hollered at PJ last season and the first half this year because we saw what he is capable of. Nick is capable of being a monster on the glass, good shot blocker, and give us some quality put backs on offensive boards. He can give us 10 pts a game easy if he just gets out of his own head.
UK just needs to pay the refs like Tennessee does. If Nick looks at someone it is a damned foul.

They also shipped nearly every SEC team out of their region. There was an info graphic of how far the teams had to travel for their first games and it was eye popping. Kentucky was in Boise. Auburn was in San Diego, Tennessee and Florida in Dallas. Arkansas in Detroit, Alabama in Pittsburgh. The only team that was close by and actually stayed in the south east for the first weekend was Missouri who got to play in Nashville. The pod system was supposed to prevent stuff like that. Seems like they seeded the rest of the field and then filled in with SEC teams lol.

Ofcourse in the end it’s hard to complain too much as a Kentucky fan because things opened up nicely for us, got a virtual home game in the S16 and choked to Brice freakin Weber and a mediocre K State team in arguably the worst tournament performance of Cal’s time at UK. Sick
Fantastic post Montana! Spot on.

I did not remember that.

WOW!

That K State game was brutal. I admit I was pretty pessimistic and salty and on the ledge at the beginning of this season in large part because of that. That loss was inexcusable.

ADVERTISEMENT