ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee vs Kentucky

Just like a woman, cant make up her mind or change the subject to fit her narrative... @della lololol Winking
stock-photo-young-woman-wearing-a-low-cut-orange-dress-protecting-herself-with-red-boxing-glove-409878163.jpg

Read my response.:cool:

But Kentucky won the one that really counted to win the SEC tournament. I was there sitting behind the Tennessee bench talking to Phil Fulmer and watching and hearing the UT meltdown. It was so much fun.
We beat y'all two wins to one. Regarding what matters, only the NCAA matters, so your claim one mattered more is silly. But, if it is a way for you to deal with Tennessee taking the series, go for it.

Btw, congrats on avoiding UT sweeping you.:)

Thread will probably be at 180 replies by the time the game gets here.

Misleading title. I thought maybe the game was Saturday. Wednesday would be acceptably early. But not the Wednesday 17 days before the game.

Lettuce and tomatoes being thrown at you @della

These dayum Tennessee fans act like they've never been there before.

Wait...

But Kentucky won the one that really counted to win the SEC tournament. I was there sitting behind the Tennessee bench talking to Phil Fulmer and watching and hearing the UT meltdown. It was so much fun.

So you guys make fun of KU fans for (supposedly) valuing the conference season too much...while bragging about the conference tourney?

We beat y'all two wins to one. Regarding what matters, only the NCAA matters, so your claim one mattered more is silly. But, if it is a way for you to deal with Tennessee taking the series, go for it.

If "only the NCAA matters" then you don't really have a damned thing to brag about if you've been to the Elite 8 ONE time in your program's history. As for that UT team last year that was 2-1 against UK... did they do anything past the first weekend of the NCAA's last year?

Actually any team would rather have a conference tourney win over a regular season win!

If "only the NCAA matters" then you don't really have a damned thing to brag about if you've been to the Elite 8 ONE time in your program's history. As for that UT team last year that was 2-1 against UK... did they do anything past the first weekend of the NCAA's last year?
I am not the one bragging. No where in this thread have I stated UT is a great Blue blood. Furthermore, I haven't made any claims on our current team winning it all or even going to the final four. Bragging is clearly the domain of UK fans. Beat the Cats and they will throw 1941 at you or 1976 or 1955.

I'm just making arguments that the Vols win and y'all are making arguments that UK wins and that is the way it is suppose to be.

Eh, I'll bite. As of today (and it is subject to change depending on how both teams play between now and the game), I'll say that Kentucky wins a pretty tight game. Kentucky has an adjusted efficiency margin of +30.9 over the past 3 games, versus an adjusted efficiency margin of +18.9 over the past 3 for Tennessee. For reference, Kentucky is playing a more efficient brand of basketball than teams like Duke (AEM of +25.4), Virginia (AEM of +30.6), Michigan State (AEM of +9.4), Michigan (AEM of +20.8), and plenty more.

Kentucky is probably the hottest team in the country right now, and it is the 2nd most talented team in the country. The team has totally defined roles (something that it was lacking for the first quarter of this season until Quade Green departed and Ashton Hagans became the starting PG), it very likely has the best perimeter defender in the nation in Ashton Hagans, it has 5 guys that can all drop 20 in any given game (extremely balanced scoring), it's one of the best shot-blocking teams in the nation (#6 for the season, but top 3 over the past 3 games), holding teams to below 35% from the field over the last 3, and PJ Washington may be playing as well as any player in the nation as of late.

I think Tennessee is a very rough and rugged, efficient team that will be running into an equally rough and rugged, but deeper and more talented team with superior size and athleticism all over the floor, with the latter being the hottest team in the nation at the moment. I would wager that it's a final four caliber match-up, as it should be.

That’s fair. Even the Tennessee Board whines too much about the officiating game in and game out. I think most reasonable fans understand that college officiating is simply unpredictable and inconsistent. You hope that it evens out, and most the time it does (with obvious make up calls, and the attempt to even out the # of fouls each team has). It does stink when you’re on the wrong end of a bad call at a critical point in the game, but it happens to all of us.

I think large and noisy crowds do, in general, affect officiating. This may be way team like UNC, Duke, and UK seem to get advantageous whistles, especially at home. I feel like Tennessee has gotten some of that this year, with our attendance and passion being way up.
I just remember when Tennessee, with the help of a ref, won a game at Knoxville when UT's, Houston hit a free throw from 12 feet instead of 15. It was a total cheat job.

That was on February 24, 1993 and Teeeennnnnneessssseesssseeeeee won 78-77.

The only problem is that the cheaters had, by luck of the draw, to face UK in the first game of the SEC Tourney. It got ugly. Kentucky beat the cheats by a score of 101-40. Pitino pounded sand up the Orange ass because he and the BBN knew that UK had been robbed by the crooks in Knoxville. No mercy was shown to Tennessee because of them being cheats. Rick kept the starters in just to run the score up as far as Kentucky could run it up. I have the video tape of that game and it is a wonderful thing to watch.

UK went on to the final four; a place where Tennessee has never been.

Folks, the wounds of the SEC are deep and UT gets far more breaks than UK.

Last edited:
No, last year's UK team never suffered the beating ya'll took earlier this year. This year's UT is clearly better than last year's UT.
How? They are just the same old ******ed UT players. They live to beat Kentucky and after that they go home and forget what in hell they are playing for.

Geeze Tennessee has never been to the final four. They only got half way there last year, the same as Kentucky.

This year I doubt that Tennessee gets any farther.

Reactions: treyforuk
Fun fact: in 2018, Tennessee with a 3 seed, lost in their 2nd game of the tournament. Kentucky, a 5 seed, advanced to the 2nd weekend of the tournament, despite being seeded lower than Tennessee.

Fun fact: in 2018, Tennessee with a 3 seed, lost in their 2nd game of the tournament. Kentucky, a 5 seed, advanced to the 2nd weekend of the tournament, despite being seeded lower than Tennessee.
The Orange don't want to talk about how the NCAA seeds UK poorly. Hell UK has been to the final four with some horribly low seeds.

Of course Tennessee can brag about high seeds, they just can't argue about going to the final four. RollLaugh

Eh, I'll bite. As of today (and it is subject to change depending on how both teams play between now and the game), I'll say that Kentucky wins a pretty tight game. Kentucky has an adjusted efficiency margin of +30.9 over the past 3 games, versus an adjusted efficiency margin of +18.9 over the past 3 for Tennessee. For reference, Kentucky is playing a more efficient brand of basketball than teams like Duke (AEM of +25.4), Virginia (AEM of +30.6), Michigan State (AEM of +9.4), Michigan (AEM of +20.8), and plenty more.

Kentucky is probably the hottest team in the country right now, and it is the 2nd most talented team in the country. The team has totally defined roles (something that it was lacking for the first quarter of this season until Quade Green departed and Ashton Hagans became the starting PG), it very likely has the best perimeter defender in the nation in Ashton Hagans, it has 5 guys that can all drop 20 in any given game (extremely balanced scoring), it's one of the best shot-blocking teams in the nation (#6 for the season, but top 3 over the past 3 games), holding teams to below 35% from the field over the last 3, and PJ Washington may be playing as well as any player in the nation as of late.

I think Tennessee is a very rough and rugged, efficient team that will be running into an equally rough and rugged, but deeper and more talented team with superior size and athleticism all over the floor, with the latter being the hottest team in the nation at the moment. I would wager that it's a final four caliber match-up, as it should be.
Holy smokes, Michigan State only has an AEM of +9.4???
Man, I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

Laughing

How? They are just the same old ******ed UT players. They live to beat Kentucky and after that they go home and forget what in hell they are playing for.

Geeze Tennessee has never been to the final four. They only got half way there last year, the same as Kentucky.

This year I doubt that Tennessee gets any farther.
Bert, you're better than that, "******ed players"...

Yeah Bert, they live to beat Kentucky along with everyone else and they are doing a pretty good job of it at 19-1.

Tell me, do you get nervous before any game or just teams that are good? I get nervous every game we play, I'm nervous about Aggy.Laughing

And you lost in the game that counted..................... Geeze

I think we will be happy to own you at Rupp and TBA every year. We will be regular season champs and you can have the SEC tourney.

I think I like negotiating with Kentucky fans. You get two for the price of 1.:)

I think we will be happy to own you at Rupp and TBA every year. We will be regular season champs and you can have the SEC tourney.

I think I like negotiating with Kentucky fans. You get two for the price of 1.:)
The term negotiation implies you believe this to be a discussion of equals where you have any leverage. Laughing

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
The term negotiation implies you believe this to be a discussion of equals where you have any leverage. Laughing
Well, I'm glad you have recognized I'm superior to you. But, I'm not an elitist, so feel free to post.

The all-time record between the two teams is 151-72.

Kentucky's margin of victory at Rupp will be somewhere below that number.

Reactions: mebeblue2
ADVERTISEMENT