ADVERTISEMENT

*** Sweet Sixteen: Friday games thread ***

I'm not a Kansas hater, I call it like I see it. Clemson is an excellent defensive team and they have a go to scorer Gabe DeVoe who's absolutely on fire right now. They're a well balanced team and I believe all their starters average double digits.

KU is the worst defensive team left in the tournament so they really need to hit their shots.

Clemson is #14 and KU is #9 on KenPom. If people think KU is some sort of "clear favorite" in this game, then they must only pay attention to the name in front of the jersey and nothing else.

This will be a war, make no mistake about it.

Besides Duke who has a great offense in the ACC? Please don’t say Virginia.

The announcers in this tournament are horrible. Just thought I’d throw that out there

What I don’t get is they call fouls left and right but this is the hard one to call?

Nova surprisingly not handling the pressure that well. 6 or 7 turnovers already.

Nova surprisingly not handling the pressure that well. 6 or 7 turnovers already.
I would think if anybody could handle it well it would be Nova. They’ve got a lot of talented, experienced guards.

Really wish I could watch your game.

KU dominated that half. Probably should be up closer to 20 but missed some wide open shots and several open layups for Clemson off miscommunication.

Reactions: npreston
KU dominated that half. Probably should be up closer to 20 but missed some wide open shots and several open layups for Clemson off miscommunication.
I watched a little, looked like Clemson was throwing the ball away carelessly a bit.

There are some uncharacteristically dumb plays by 'Nova. Passes to no one. A missed dunk, even though that is tough when you are pushed down low. Not things you generally see from them.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
There are some uncharacteristically dumb plays by 'Nova. Passes to no one. A missed dunk, even though that is tough when you are pushed down low. Not things you generally see from them.
So you are saying a 1 seed is taking them out of their game?

9 turnovers for Nova and they're fouling more than us.

Both teams dealing with foul trouble.

Carter with 2
Bridges with 2.
D'Vincenzo with 3.

I watched a little, looked like Clemson was throwing the ball away carelessly a bit.

KU has extended their defense out past the 3pt line. They really aren't afraid of Clemson scoring inside because they do not have a player they can throw it into and gets buckets and with Doke on the back line not afraid of the back door cut. Clemson is gonna have to get Doke in foul trouble and hit a good amount of 3s.

Reactions: RockChalkRally

Uncharacteristic is right!

KU has extended their defense out past the 3pt line. They really aren't afraid of Clemson scoring inside because they do not have a player they can throw it into and gets buckets and with Doke on the back line not afraid of the back door cut. Clemson is gonna have to get Doke in foul trouble and hit a good amount of 3s.

That's right. KU's defense has extended and they're doing a better job of contesting everything.

ADVERTISEMENT