ADVERTISEMENT

*** Sweet Sixteen: Friday games thread ***

Is it just me or is Coach K getting older by the minute. He'll need botox at the under 8 media time out.

I know it sounds like I'm being contrarian, but I'm legitimately convinced Cuse has already lost and I'm trying to milk as much entertainment as possible from this game as possible.

Seriously, anybody got some game/witty banter we can engage in?
Dude. Duke is balling out and you’re down 7

If the game is within 6 points with 5 minutes to go, Cuse has a prayer. Any more than that, and it's absolutely over.

Syracuse just has no confidence in their post guys. They are open all game and at times they just ignore them.

Reactions: brooky03
Cuse performed about as well as they could. Duke is just way more talented. Given the talent disparity, Cuse actually put up a borderline incredible performance. I'm not mad. Rooting for Duke the rest of the way.
I never want to play Boeheim in the tournament again. Amazing what he gets out of his kids.

Reactions: brooky03
Good win for Duke. I needed that. Now I need you guys to take an L on Sunday.

Got anything coming in to help out the offense?

Bagley and Carey. Bagley will take over Dolezaj's starting spot. So, where we prayed for Dolezaj to get us 10 points in a game, we'll have Bagley (a McDonald's AA) averaging 15 per game. Carey is a scoring PG/SG. His role isn't clear right now, but he's expected to be instant offense with at least 20 minutes per game. Elijah Hughes is our transfer expected to start as a 6'6" SG next season, with Jim Boheim's son, Buddy, backing him up. I'm supremely hopeful.

Reactions: KisteK and tw3301
Bagley and Carey. Bagley will take over Dolezaj's starting spot. So, where we prayed for Dolezaj to get us 10 points in a game, we'll have Bagley (a McDonald's AA) averaging 15 per game. Carey is a scoring PG/SG. His role isn't clear right now, but he's expected to be instant offense with at least 20 minutes per game. Elijah Hughes is our transfer expected to start as a 6'6" SG next season, with Jim Boheim's son, Buddy, backing him up. I'm supremely hopeful.

Battle is legit. Hope he returns because him, Brissett, and Howard are a great trio. I fear Battle will do something stupid and go pro though.

Reactions: KisteK
Battle is legit. Hope he returns because him, Brissett, and Howard are a great trio. I fear Battle will do something stupid and go pro though.

If he gets at least an early 2nd round evaluation, I hope he goes pro, for his sake. I don't think he can help his draft stock a ton, because the NBA nowadays shits on upperclassmen. Syracuse could certainly use Battle's help next season but it's not essential. I hope the young man gets paid.

If he gets at least an early 2nd round evaluation, I hope he goes pro, for his sake. I don't think he can help his draft stock a ton, because the NBA nowadays shits on upperclassmen. Syracuse could certainly use Battle's help next season but it's not essential. I hope the young man gets paid.

For some reason I was thinking Battle was a freshman. I thought Brissett was the sophomore. Yeah Battle may be best at least testing the waters.

ADVERTISEMENT