*** Sweet Sixteen: Friday games thread ***

schoonerwest

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2006
Midland, TX
Team
Kansas
Let’s get this started.

Who are you guys liking tonight? I’m thinking Duke, Kansas, Texas Tech and Villanova although the only one that seems close to a lock is Duke. I’d love to see West Virginia pull off the upset. Really hoping for an All Big 12 Final in that region.

If last night is any indication, it will be

West Virginia
Texas Tech
Clemson
Syracuse

Of course if last week holds, this side of the bracket will stay largely chalky, so I'm going:

Villanova
Purdue
Kansas
Duke

I am confident it will be some combination of the above.

Watch it. You might get drunk and npreston can’t be having any of that.
I prefer your drunk posts to your sober ones.
Turkey%20Kramer.gif

I'd be ok with a good one as long as Purdue wins. But I'd rather beat you by 40 so my life expectancy doesn't continue to decline.

I hear ya man.. This is probably the best TTU team ever, so we don't exactly get overly excited for basketball very often.. so this year has probably taken a couple off of my back end as well.

Villanova is the best team in the country imo. That doesnt mean they WONT lose tonight. They very well may lose. With that being said, I’ll go with:

Villanova
Purdue
Kansas (PK for me, could be Clemson)
Duke

Reactions: npreston
Oh shocker that you picked Clemson.
I'm not a Kansas hater, I call it like I see it. Clemson is an excellent defensive team and they have a go to scorer Gabe DeVoe who's absolutely on fire right now. They're a well balanced team and I believe all their starters average double digits.

KU is the worst defensive team left in the tournament so they really need to hit their shots.

Clemson is #14 and KU is #9 on KenPom. If people think KU is some sort of "clear favorite" in this game, then they must only pay attention to the name in front of the jersey and nothing else.

This will be a war, make no mistake about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: WojoRising
I'm not a Kansas hater, I call it like I see it. Clemson is an excellent defensive team and they have a go to scorer Gabe DeVoe who's absolutely on fire right now. They're a well balanced team and I believe all their starters average double digits.

KU is the worst defensive team left in the tournament so they really need to hit their shots.

Clemson is #14 and KU is #9 on KenPom. If people think KU is some sort of "clear favorite" in this game, then they must only pay attention to the name in front of the jersey and nothing else.

Agreed. 50/50 game and if we don't bring it, we will get hammered

Reactions: JayhawkWriter

KU could easily lose this game, no doubt about it.

Orrrrr Udoka could show that he outweighs their big by 50 pounds and has three inches on him.

Also KenPom means nothing now. Especially when your best player gets hurt.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Let me just coherently say, I'm rooting for another blue blood to win it it all.

It's all because of how much i respect their fans on here. Sense of humor, knowledge of the game, tradition, no threat to UK's all time records.

Absolute kiss of death.

To be honest. I know UK isn't gonna win it all every year, so I'm not bitter when they don't. I'm actually happy when others do. It sounds crazy, because i'm supposed to follow the line.

**** the line. I like other posters here.I'm happy for all of them.
When I was younger I would be jealous of other schools when they won. Now it doesn’t bother me at all. I know no matter what that KU will be a top 5-10 team the following year and give me something to be excited about.

When I was younger I would be jealous of other schools when they won. Now it doesn’t bother me at all. I know no matter what that KU will be a top 5-10 team the following year and give me something to be excited about.
I realize it's really important to younger fans, so I don't respond to them. I'm happy for them to experience the happiness I've had over the years and not shit on it.

ADVERTISEMENT