ADVERTISEMENT

***Sweet 16 - Sunday Games Thread***

Wagner missed like 3 open 3s in a row that would have blown this game wide open. FSU lucky to only be down 11 imo.

Reactions: RichardMassive
Throw Livers in there, and it's a NC level game

In the final, Willis Reed time.

jjaINJ.gif

Reactions: hawkit3113
The refs could not call a foul in the paint on Michigan. FSU drives, gets fouled, nothing. UM was called for exactly 5 fouls in that entire first half. That's such a statistical improbability with FSU's style of play that it's hilarious.

That Michigan is the kind of team who can scare the Zags a little. Not sure they are good enough offensively to beat them but they can at least give them a game.

They’d get smoked.

But I doubt they get there. Not even sure Gonzaga gets there.

Yeah, if the foul disparity doesn't even out then that's pretty much a wrap unless we have the best shooting half we've had in weeks. Good enough to get it done, but only if we have maybe 3 or 4 turnovers the rest of the way. Being down 11 could be just as easily being up by a few baskets with half the turnovers

I'm a whiney little baby. It's still a bit ridiculous that Michigan was called for half as many fouls as FSU, and that many of the calls came on FSU's best players early in the game.
The calls that bothered me the most were:

Foul on Balsa in the first few minutes, which caused us to insert Ngom who was very ineffective

Charge on MJ in transition and lack of foul later in the half, which was then countered with a weak call against Osborne on the other end when the guy had no chance at the rebound due to the spin on the ball off the rim.

We just don't seem to be getting ourselves into the positions the officials think we need to be in to draw fouls when the other team is physical on us. Even a few of the layups by barnes earlier in the game had plenty of contact but because he is 6 9 they just get overlooked

If Michigan can get the lead to 20 there might be a chance their morale stops flatlining

That was a good looking 3. There's really no reason for this team to be hitting their first 3 of the game 25 min into it.

If Barnes didn't already have 4 and gray already have 3 I think we'd have enough time to try and get back into this. Evans just hasn't been able to make enough plays but we have no one else to put in at PG with Barnes saddled

Lol @ FSU. Maybe stop switching everything you fvcking idiots. You're giving them mismatches left and right.

Michigan the better team. This might be a blow out,
This will be the stretch run, Barnes going back in, going to have to just get the ball inside, crash the boards, and press and hope you can make it up. Not looking good though

Maybe Izzo should keep not worrying about the sexual assault accusations against your players and you guys would stay relevant?

That’s Don Izzo and he owns the district attorney and the police chief...so no

But good luck the next 10 minutes! Lol

I think most people had Michigan but the margin of the lead right now a bit surprising. They have looked real solid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT