ADVERTISEMENT

***Sweet 16 - Sunday Games Thread***

I don't really like where college basketball these days but I can appreciate the multi diving on the floor stuff from Creighton there.

If USC hit at a decent clip from outside, I think they could beat Gonzaga by double digits.

Suggs is such a polished freshman PG. He plays with great effort, is unselfish, and so smart. Sometimes he plays a little too fast, but Gonzaga couldn't ask for anything more from their first incoming one and done freshman.

Eh, I don't see that personally- however, Mobley vs Timme will be a treat to watch...

I don’t think they’ve faced a team with close to the length, athleticism or defensive ability of USC this year.

I think they can slow the pace and take away a lot of those fast break points, and also dominate the boards. I‘d expect Timme to have a rough time inside.

I don’t think they’ve faced a team with close to the length, athleticism or defensive ability of USC this year.

I think they can slow the pace and take away a lot of those fast break points, and also dominate the boards. I‘d expect Timme to have a rough time inside.
They haven't. Plus playing the Mobley Brothers means that Watson and Timme have to be on the court at the same time. And Gonzaga would prefer to go small at the 4 with Kispert. Timme is a great post player, but he is a below the rim guy. He won't have as much success against USC.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
There should be a skunk rule at some point. Creighton is done.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BawlzDeep
Defensively, USC is the most dangerous team to Gonzaga left in the tournament. I don't think it's particularly close either.

I agree that USC is dangerous to Gonzaga defensively, but I think FSU could potentially provide issues too.

Both USC and FSU are elite at 2 point% defense and both are great shot blocking teams. But FSU generates more steals and would have the length/physicality at the point guard position to disrupt Suggs’ ability to get Gonzaga into its sets.

FSU’s biggest issue defensively would be giving up too many offensive rebounds, but that’s not a huge strength of Gonzaga. Not a weakness but not a strength either.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
God, all the pundits need to STFU about the Zags. Creighton is dog shit.

Oregon and USC will match up just fine

• Haha
Reactions: duckboy33
I agree that USC is dangerous to Gonzaga defensively, but I think FSU could potentially provide issues too.

Both USC and FSU are elite at 2 point% defense and both are great shot blocking teams. But FSU generates more steals and would have the length/physicality at the point guard position to disrupt Suggs’ ability to get Gonzaga into its sets.

FSU’s biggest issue defensively would be giving up too many offensive rebounds, but that’s not a huge strength of Gonzaga. Not a weakness but not a strength either.

Former Gator Nembhard looked really good today-although to be fair, he is playing with more talent than he did at UF.

Not in the same way. The Zags would be just fine with FSU's ball pressure. They will move the ball and back cut FSU to death. This isn't a team that folds under pressure. Obviously length and athleticism makes for good defenses, I'm just more concerned with the length AND size of USC's twin towers.

Reactions: GE Nole
Former Gator Nembhard looked really good today-although to be fair, he is playing with more talent than he did at UF.
It'll be interesting, we have another combo guard coming in next year that is rated higher than Suggs was. But Nembhard should run the show more next year.

Relatively low scoring game for Gonzaga with only 83 points.

How many shots do you think Gonzaga made today that you considered tough shots? I feel like every shot they took today was an open look.

I think, this is it for Michigan. The news that Livers is out for the entire tournament is a serious blow to their morale, and Florida State is too big and physical for their offense to find good shots.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
I think, this is it for Michigan. The news that Livers is out for the entire tournament is a serious blow to their morale, and Florida State is too big and physical for their offense to find good shots.
Lol Michigan fans knew livers was done and obviously so did the team. This “announcement” changes nothing

Florida st looks a little shook. Gotta cut down on dumb turnovers.

ADVERTISEMENT