ADVERTISEMENT

***Sweet 16 - Sunday Games Thread***

I wonder if this 13.5 pt spread is enough. Creighton played Ohio and Santa Barbara to get here. Before that, they lost to Georgetown by 25 in the conference championship game. And that Georgetown team wasn't very good. I know Gonzaga has some slow starts, but I would think that's out of their system in the Sweet 16 and on.

I wonder if this 13.5 pt spread is enough. Creighton played Ohio and Santa Barbara to get here. Before that, they lost to Georgetown by 25 in the conference championship game. And that Georgetown team wasn't very good. I know Gonzaga has some slow starts, but I would think that's out of their system in the Sweet 16 and on.
I’d be surprised if Gonzaga doesn’t cover somewhat easily honestly

i’m thinking under in game 1 for that reason. seems like this will need to be a close game late for it to go over. but both teams play pretty fast so it’s tough

The Bankers Life arena set up is awful. For the Pacers games they have stands behind the hoop that go up and provide some depth perception. For these games the NCAA insists on clearing out the area behind the hoop in order to spread people out or some crap. It’s killing sight lines.

Cronin could have his honeymoon cut very short because of USC.

For the most part oi SC wasn't included I think UCLA fans would be happy ro see themselves back in the Sweet 16.

But Sweet 16s are expected there. Is the the very minimum for UCLA Basketball.

But with USC there in the Sweet 16 and possibly a good chance at playing in the E8 Cronin might have to at least put something on the court today

Interested in what type of product you see with them.
A blowout defeat won't be a good thing for him.

i’m thinking under in game 1 for that reason. seems like this will need to be a close game late for it to go over. but both teams play pretty fast so it’s tough
Ya but Gonzaga averages like 92ppg. If they put up 90, then it should hit the over.

Cronin could have his honeymoon cut very short because of USC.

For the most part oi SC wasn't included I think UCLA fans would be happy ro see themselves back in the Sweet 16.

But Sweet 16s are expected there. Is the the very minimum for UCLA Basketball.

But with USC there in the Sweet 16 and possibly a good chance at playing in the E8 Cronin might have to at least put something on the court today

Interested in what type of product you see with them.
A blowout defeat won't be a good thing for him.

He’s in the Sweet 16 in year two as an 11 seed.

I’m pretty sure he’s not sweating.

And they should be pretty stacked next year too.

This year UCLA was very unlucky with Smith getting hurt and Nix going to the Gleague after he was convinced the season wouldn’t happen. UCLA still got to the S16 and had a chance at the PAC title going into the final week. He’s not on the hot seat at all

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
This year UCLA was very unlucky with Smith getting hurt and Nix going to the Gleague after he was convinced the season wouldn’t happen. UCLA still got to the S16 and had a chance at the PAC title going into the final week. He’s not on the hot seat at all
No not at all. And he already has a commit from a top 5 prospect in the 2022 class.

I think we all believed that if Cronin could get these UCLA kids to buy in, then they will be very dangerous. And so far he has done that.

It’s funny that some people want to kick UCLA out of the “blueblood” club.

They’ve missed the tourney 6 times in 30+ years. Same as Kentucky. They’ve reached the Sweet 16 in 4 of the last 7 tourneys. 3 straight final fours a little over a decade ago.

And they still rank near the top in all the major categories along with, of course, 11 titles.

But hey, they’re out of the club because they had a few bad years. Guess we’d better put UNC and Kentucky on the hot seat.

No not at all. And he already has a commit from a top 5 prospect in the 2022 class.

I think we all believed that if Cronin could get these UCLA kids to buy in, then they will be very dangerous. And so far he has done that.

Alford had them in the Sweet 16 his first two years
Lavin in I believe his first 5.

Sweet 16s are expected. They have zero appreciation for being in the Sweet 16s.

It’s funny that some people want to kick UCLA out of the “blueblood” club.

They’ve missed the tourney 6 times in 30+ years. Same as Kentucky. They’ve reached the Sweet 16 in 4 of the last 7 tourneys. 3 straight final fours a little over a decade ago.

And they still rank near the top in all the major categories along with, of course, 11 titles.

But hey, they’re out of the club because they had a few bad years. Guess we’d better put UNC and Kentucky on the hot seat.
It’s probably due to ppl wanting to use selective time frames to make a point

And Watson is ranked 10th in the 2021 class. Bruins will definitely have some talent. I doubt they fall off much under Cronin. They are going to be a consistent contender in the PAC moving forward.

And Watson is ranked 10th in the 2021 class. Bruins will definitely have some talent. I doubt they fall off much under Cronin. They are going to be a consistent contender in the PAC moving forward.
Personally, I don’t think this current UCLA team is very talented. They don’t compare athletically with Oregon or USC at all right now. They play hard and make timely shots. But they could be a top 10 team next year with Smith And Watson.

It’s probably due to ppl wanting to use selective time frames to make a point

Well, the modern era is more important than the peach basket era to any sane person. Current coach ain’t gonna keep his job because they stacked up some titles 50 years ago. But people act like they’ve gone full Indiana and it’s not even close.

Personally, I don’t think this current UCLA team is very talented. They don’t compare athletically with Oregon or USC at all right now. They play hard and make timely shots. But they could be a top 10 team next year with Smith And Watson.

Agreed. UCLA has a lot of guys who can go get a bucket but they don't have the athleticism that Oregon has or the length that USC has.

UCLA could very well be the favorite to win the PAC 12 next year if they can keep everyone around and add Smith and Watson. That said, it's far too early. With the transfer portal, we really have no idea what everyone's roster will look like.

Well, the modern era is more important than the peach basket era to any sane person. Current coach ain’t gonna keep his job because they stacked up some titles 50 years ago. But people act like they’ve gone full Indiana and it’s not even close.
What's your thoughts on Helm's banners?

• Haha
Reactions: duckboy33

UCLA is a better job.
They are the Caddy to the Mazda

But both programs have the same issues.
The difference is UCLA has a better talent pool.

They’re legit.

6-time National Champs. 3 tourney titles, 2 Helms, 1 Covid title.

Feels good, man.
0f76a56cd1de4344a097dcd2331b1727.gif

Is it bad I can't recall how may Helms's UK has. I don't know the current amount of Championships my favorite team has.

Such a slacker.

Is it bad I can't recall how may Helms's UK has. I don't know the current amount of Championships my favorite team has.

Such a slacker.

It’s because you’re too focused on 9-16. Stop timeframing. Even if Cal wins 9 games/year for the next decade, you still have 8 (wait—9) titles.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The first game has begun and seems nobody even cares about it? Gonzaga heavy favorite again and I still, dont believe they can cover the spread.

they are a machine, creighton with some lapses. you can’t have that, jays gotta regroup

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT