ADVERTISEMENT

***Sweet 16 - Saturday Games Thread***

Clearly Baylor is the more talented team but Scott Drew is choking and holding them back, the quest to final 4 may be over.

Keep the hot takes comin...

Anxiously awaiting.

Well this is a Nova team without one of their best players, and Baylor looks shocked and lost. Baylor have the talent to win it all but Scott Drew will screw it up at some point, seems it can be as early as today.

Nova had an inauspicious end to their conference tourney, created a big domino effect. they probably were a low 3 or high 4 based on resume. Without that, Louisville probably dances, and some of the other crazy upsets we saw didn't happen. Fun times

All that being said, if Baylor goes on a 11-2 run in the first 4 minutes of this half, it won't exactly be a surprise. They just don't have any energy in the ball right now

Hard to deny the big the ball when he can play on the perimeter...

This is what makes Villanova so efficient on offense.

Difficult to defend

With all being said, Baylor's problem hasnt been on the defensive end, Nova scoring 30pts at the half is already low for their season average. The issue is, they only scored 23pts, and Scott Drew's in-game adjustment is non-existent so Nova could go on a 13-0 run as if its nothing at all. This is why I was always sure that Scott Drew would screw up Baylor's title chance at one point, since when opponents are going on a run he could do nothing but to watch and pray.

With all being said, Baylor's problem hasnt been on the defensive end, Nova scoring 30pts at the half is already low for their season average. The issue is, they only scored 23pts, and Scott Drew's in-game adjustment is non-existent so Nova could go on a 13-0 run as if its nothing at all. This is why I was always sure that Scott Drew would screw up Baylor's title chance at one point, since when opponents are going on a run he could do nothing but to watch and pray.

Attacking coaching...

You see how they started to get their big involved

The reason Villanova can defend Baylor better is because their offense relies around 3 players

Nova's relies on 5....

You can blame coaching but at the end of the day those 3 guards can all put up 30+ points any night

I'm casually watching this game, literally watching birds fly in the sky through my window mostly. That said it seems Baylor is taking 3s early and out of rhythm really, and Villanova is getting a good look every trip down. Refs frustrating Baylor a little, I think the refs are on board with the Nova train, this can happen in these games. So Baylor's big dogs better step up soon.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT