ADVERTISEMENT

Straight from Barnes mouth

Barnes saying that has nothing to do with his team losing today, don't know where he was going with his comments.

Barnes saying that has nothing to do with his team losing today, don't know where he was going with his comments.
It's a fake quote and the account is a consistent troll. OP appears to be really dumb for believing it. I also hate TBA's mediocre crowd. They sell out that way too big venue though

Yeah, that's not what he said nor is it true. I can tell you from living there they care a lot about beating UK but they care about beating tons of other teams a lot as well.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Yeah, that's not what he said nor is it true. I can tell you from living there they care a lot about beating UK but they care about beating tons of other teams a lot as well.
How often do they sell-out that arena?

How often do they sell-out that arena?

I don't know. Why? Are the only games that a fan cares about the games where a massive arena sells out? That's silly.

Though apparently they also at least sold out the games against Illinois, Auburn, Ole Miss, Bama, and Texas A&M. Maybe more so I'm not sure what that says. I guess UT fans also care about the Illinois rivalry. Who knew?

Last edited:
SEC fans only get up for games when they play UK.

Kentucky is your teams Super Bowl....and I'm talking to all the SEC teams.

Of course, UT has beaten UK more than the reverse during the time Barnes has been at UT.

Can I assume that you'll be a no show on the board if y'all get peacocked again at the dance?

But UT fans without a doubt care a lot about the game. I mean, they border Kentucky and there are tons of UK fans who live in the state. They definitely want to beat UK as much as anyone.

I don't know. Why? Are the only games that a fan cares about the games where a massive arena sells out? If you are that dumb, stick to the homeboards.

Though apparently they also at least sold out the games against Illinois, Auburn, Ole Miss, Bama, and Texas A&M. Maybe more so I'm not sure what that says. I guess UT fans also care about the Illinois rivalry. Who knew?
Well, selling out the home arena is a clear indicator of the fans interest. If you don't see that, than maybe you're not as smart as you think you are.
Teams normally have several sell-outs every year. UK is usually one of those games. They get the "white outs" or "black out" or "tshirt giveaway" games. Thays just how it is.
And I'm not saying you don't care about the other games, but I'm willing to bet you would rather bet UK in basketball than Florida or Ole Miss.

Last edited:
But UT fans without a doubt care a lot about the game. I mean, they border Kentucky and there are tons of UK fans who live in the state. They definitely want to beat UK as much as anyone.
UT/UK have played each other than than they have played anyone else.

Reactions: NewEraCATS
Well, selling out the home arena is a clear indicator of the fans interest. If you don't see that, than maybe you're not as smart as you think you are.
Teams normally have several sell-outs every year. UK is usually one of those games. They get the "white outs" or "black out" or "tshirt giveaway" games. Thays just how it is.
And I'm not saying you don't care about the other games, but I'm willing to bet you would rather bet UK in basketball than Floroda or Ole Miss.
We have never played Floroda, so that would be a safe bet.

Of course, UT has beaten UK more than the reverse during the time Barnes has been at UT.

Can I assume that you'll be a no show on the board if y'all get peacocked again at the dance?
I'll stick around...the NCAA is the best tourney in sports. It's really exciting if your team makes it past the Elite 8...I know you don't know that feeling, but maybe one day.

Last edited:
Reactions: jackrabbit slim
I'll stick around...the NCAA is the best tourney in sports. It's really exciting I'd your teams makes it past the Elite 8...I know you don't know that feeling, but maybe one day.
It would be. Maybe y'all make it out of 64 for very old old times sake.

Reactions: jackrabbit slim
And I'm not saying you don't care about the other games, but I'm willing to bet you would rather bet UK in basketball than Florida or Ole Miss.

Yeah, UNC (of whom I'm a fan btw) gets those games as well. Duke does. Kansas does, etc....

And yeah, you said 'UT fans only care about basketball when they play UK. Thats it.'
You said they don't care about other games. So that's on you. Would UT fans rather beat, not bet, UK than Florida or Ole Miss? Yes, of course, though I think there are a ton of UT fans who would rather beat Auburn than UK. UK fans would also rather beat UT than Ole Miss or South Carolina. Does that mean UK fans only care about beating UT? No, that's silly.

It would be. Maybe y'all make it out of 64 for very old old times sake.

As bad as Cal is, and he is uber washed, he still has more tournament wins I'd bet than UT during that time frame. Also, hope you actually went and did some research on how bad he blew it with KD. Hopefully Barnes can win more than 1 game with his AA this year

Yeah, UNC (of whom I'm a fan btw) gets those games as well. Duke does. Kansas does, etc....

And yeah, you said 'UT fans only care about basketball when they play UK. Thats it.'
You said they don't care about other games. So that's on you. Would UT fans rather beat, not bet, UK than Florida or Ole Miss? Yes, of course, though I think there are a ton of UT fans who would rather beat Auburn than UK. UK fans would also rather beat UT than Ole Miss or South Carolina. Does that mean UK fans only care about beating UT? No, that's silly.
UT fans would rather beat Alabama my friend, I don't personally understand it, but I am not a UT fan, how can I.
Just ask @della she can fill you in. 👍 👍

Reactions: della
UT fans would rather beat Alabama my friend, I don't personally understand it, but I am not a UT fan, how can I.
Just ask @della she can fill you in. 👍 👍

In football that's true, along with UF. In basketball they would rather beat Auburn or Kentucky than Alabama. Most of them would at least IMO.

Reactions: cdbearde
In football that's true, along with UF. In basketball they would rather beat Auburn or Kentucky than Alabama. Most of them would at least IMO.
Got you, I am just going by what fans like della says, like I said, I have no idea what they think. 👍 👍

There is no "along with" anyone. We want to beat bama in everything. I want to beat a bammer to a parking spot. We want to beat them because it is the right thing to do!

We want to beat UK in football more as a mercy killing than anything else. It's for the animal's own good to cut down it's suffering. We want to beat them in basketball because they smell funny and Vols are big on Hygiene.

• Haha
Got you, I am just going by what fans like della says, like I said, I have no idea what they think. 👍 👍
Though you don't have true wisdom, you know where to find it. That's smart in it's own way.

• Haha
We are Tennessee's Super Bowl. No idea why some ITT are upset about them being excited to play Daddy Kentucky.
UT is now UK"s superbowl. Even Cal stated that this game was do or die for UK and not UT. UT was the SEC Champ. Besides, it is your out of the woodwork fans posting threads about the game.

UT is now UK"s superbowl. Even Cal stated that this game was do or die for UK and not UT. UT was the SEC Champ. Besides, it is your out of the woodwork fans posting threads about the game.
We keep SEC titles in the janitors closet at Memorial Coliseum. Tennessee hangs banners for them 😆

ADVERTISEMENT