ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Trivia

Okay, back track. Louisville was a 1 seed in 2009. I just know they weren't a 1 seed in '80 and '86 when they won the title. So, I'm missing at least one school.

Okay, back track. Louisville was a 1 seed in 2009. I just know they weren't a 1 seed in '80 and '86 when they won the title. So, I'm missing at least one school.
Purdue was a 1 seed in 1988, 1994 and 1996
Louisville was a 1 seed in 1984 and 2009.
Minnesota was a 1 seed in 1997 but it was vacated per Wiki.
Oregon was a 1 seed in 2016 but I didn't say you had to list the year.

There's 3 more that I am seeing that you didn't guess. Go ahead and ask your question. Answer for the other 3 are in the spoiler.

Notre Dame in 1979, Cincinnati in 2002 and Washington in 2005

Only 9 schools have made it to the Final Four every time they've been a 1 seed. Of those 9 schools, who has made it to the Final Four the most?

Only 9 schools have made it to the Final Four every time they've been a 1 seed. Of those 9 schools, who has made it to the Final Four the most?
Its not Kansas, Duke, Carolina or Kentucky. It’s not Virginia who is pretty high on the list of #1 seeds themselves (and DePaul too, lol).

I feel like it’s gonna be one of those schools that only has like 3-5 one seeds in their school history. I just asked a question yesterday that had me studying past 1 seeds but I cannot remember the list at all.

I’m gonna guess UCLA in 1980, 1995, 2006, 2007 and 2008.

Boom! You got it. UNLV successfully advanced to the Final Four as a 1 seed in 1987, 1990, and 1991. The only other school to do it more than once, without every losing as a 1 seed, was Florida in 2007 and 2014.

UCLA has a solid track record. But, they did lose in the Regional Finals in '79 and '92.

The 7 other schools that never lost as a 1 seed prior to the Final Four: Indiana State in '79, Houston in '83, UMass in '96, Minnesota in '97, Maryland in '02, Texas in '03, and Wisconsin in '15.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Since 1980, 8 players have won the MOP of the final four, NCAA championship and an NBA championship. Winner is the poster who names the most, but you will get a minus point for any incorrect answers.

Chalmers was already named. I'm missing at least two others...

Isiah Thomas, Indiana
James Worthy, UNC
Glen Rice, Michigan
Richard Hamilton, UConn
Shane Battier, Duke

Chalmers was already named. I'm missing at least two others...

Isiah Thomas, Indiana
James Worthy, UNC
Glen Rice, Michigan
Richard Hamilton, UConn
Shane Battier, Duke

Those are all correct of course. +5 for DD. That makes him the winner.

But there are still two more. I'll let you guys keep guessing for a bit, but I'm sure @dukedevilz is gonna figure it out pretty quickly.

Honestly, I can't think of anyone else. I'm probably incorrect on some of the Final Four MOP's. Going through the whole list, and I'm getting 3 or 4 maybes.

1980- Darrell Griffith- Did he ever play outside of Utah?
1983- Hakeem Olajuwon- Didn't win NCAA Title
1984- Pat Ewing- Never won NBA Title
1985- Ed Pinckney- Did he win one as a reserve player?
1986- Pervis Ellison- Don't think he won an NBA title
1987- Keith Smart- Maybe ??
1988- Danny Manning- seemed like he was never really on a good team in the league
1990- Anderson Hunt- Did he play in the league?
1991/92- Laettner/Hurley- No
1993- Donald Williams- No
1994- Corliss Williamson- Don't think so
1995- Ed O'Bannon- Nah
1996- Tony Delk- Don't think so
1997- Miles Simon (maybe Bibby)- It's a no for Simon or Bibby
1998- Jeff Shepherd- No
2000- Mateen Cleaves- Don't think so
2002- Juan Dixon- Don't think so
2003- Carmelo Anthony- lol
2004- Emeka Okafor- Was he the MOP? Or was it Gordon? Either way, I'm thinking no
2005- Sean May- no
2006/07- Noah/Horford- No
2009- Wayne Ellington- Maybe?
2010- Kyle Singler- No
2011- Kemba Walker- No
2012- Anthony Davis- No
2013- Luke Hancock- No
2014- Shabazz Napier- Don't think so
2015- Tyus Jones- No
2016- Ryan Arcidiacono- No
2017- Joel Berry- No
2018- Donte DiVincenzo- No
2019- Kyle Guy- No

Honestly, I can't think of anyone else. I'm probably incorrect on some of the Final Four MOP's. Going through the whole list, and I'm getting 3 or 4 maybes.

1980- Darrell Griffith- Did he ever play outside of Utah?
1983- Hakeem Olajuwon- Didn't win NCAA Title
1984- Pat Ewing- Never won NBA Title
1985- Ed Pinckney- Did he win one as a reserve player?
1986- Pervis Ellison- Don't think he won an NBA title
1987- Keith Smart- Maybe ??
1988- Danny Manning- seemed like he was never really on a good team in the league
1990- Anderson Hunt- Did he play in the league?
1991/92- Laettner/Hurley- No
1993- Donald Williams- No
1994- Corliss Williamson- Don't think so
1995- Ed O'Bannon- Nah
1996- Tony Delk- Don't think so
1997- Miles Simon (maybe Bibby)- It's a no for Simon or Bibby
1998- Jeff Shepherd- No
2000- Mateen Cleaves- Don't think so
2002- Juan Dixon- Don't think so
2003- Carmelo Anthony- lol
2004- Emeka Okafor- Was he the MOP? Or was it Gordon? Either way, I'm thinking no
2005- Sean May- no
2006/07- Noah/Horford- No
2009- Wayne Ellington- Maybe?
2010- Kyle Singler- No
2011- Kemba Walker- No
2012- Anthony Davis- No
2013- Luke Hancock- No
2014- Shabazz Napier- Don't think so
2015- Tyus Jones- No
2016- Ryan Arcidiacono- No
2017- Joel Berry- No
2018- Donte DiVincenzo- No
2019- Kyle Guy- No

The two guys you're missing are on that list.

EDIT: I take it back, only one guy is on the list you posted.

yep, one left. He is not on your list, but that's an error on your part. You have someone else incorrectly listed as the MOP winner that year.

You can go ahead and tell us. I don't think I'm going to get it at this point.

Here's my question...

Name the last duo of players to win the NBA Rookie of the Year, in back-to-back years, from the same college.

Here's my question...

Name the last duo of players to win the NBA Rookie of the Year, in back-to-back years, from the same college.

This one is easy, I think. Rose and Evans at Memphis.

Here's my question...

Corey Brewer at Florida. You had Noah/Horford listed as the MOP winners those 2 years.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Corey Brewer at Florida. You had Noah/Horford listed as the MOP winners those 2 years.

Wow. I would have been stuck on that one for a while. Even if I thought of Corey Brewer as a MOP, I'm not sure I would instantly think of him as someone who also won a championship. I see that he won one with Dallas in 2011. That seems very vaguely familiar. I remember watching all 6 games of the finals in 2011. Don't think he got a lot of PT, though.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Who are the only two Naismath award winners that weren't first round picks?

Frank Mason and Jalen Brunson.

Seemed like they were both early 2nd rounders.

That was quick!

I just figured with so many NBA players going through the program, it might take a few guesses. You're up!

It was a good educated guess. His name just popped into my head right away since he was a huge star there and played during an era when some star players still stuck around 4 years.

Name the only player from the University of Wyoming to appear on the cover of Sports Illustrated?

nope. Did he go to Wyoming even?

You didn't know Ratliff went to Wyoming? Yeah, I don't make stuff up like that :)

Okay, I think I might struggle with this. Is the player sharing the cover with anyone else? Are they a well known player?

Josh Davis played in the NBA. It wasn't him, was it? Can't think of any other Wyoming guys off the top of my head that played in the league. Justin James was drafted last year, but not sure how much time he even saw on the court.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT